Sign in to follow this  
machie

In Flight realistic ATC Programs with Chatter

Hi Howard, I dont think they will make a descent voice control ATC for FSX in this century. Its about making the best choice in a bad bunch. After a shocking start for FSE they may have improved but dont give a free trial

The other choice of course is Vatsim but the odds of a controller being where you are is very remote.

ZORAN

Am I mssing something Zoran, but the voices don't sound like they're coming across a radio...

That's what I said. And that's correct because those voices aren't created for ATC and FSX and so they sound as perfect as possible, which you do not want for ATC... ^_^

I did a flight with FSX ATC yesterday for the first time in quite a while. I like it, really... It SOUNDS perfect. The instructions suck sometimes but it's good enough for me: in the end I get where I want to get! ^_^

Still, it's odd... If Aces could make ATC sound SO PERFECT while it was just a part of a big program, why can't someone else who totally focuses on ATC not even come close...?

Hi jvanE

agreed fsx atc is the best voice out there except for the fact its not voice control. The problem is of course if your serious about flying then you cant use your sids and stars with it.

that's what I mean by best of a bad bunch and fsx atc is cool if your a begginer, I flew it for months

ZORAN

Still, it's odd... If Aces could make ATC sound SO PERFECT while it was just a part of a big program, why can't someone else who totally focuses on ATC not even come close...?

My point exactly Jeroen. As for any ATC with voices that sound as though they're sat next to me, then I'm afraid for me personally, that will be a no no.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hello

I find the PFE voices to be the best around, even better than the default ATC, I also enjoy Meatwaters modified voice sets for Radar Contact.

If you are looking for perfection in sound quality you will never find it in any ATC addon, it is the quality of the procedures that count.

Listen to some live ATC and you will notice that the delivery is far from smooth, the transmission quality tends to make the delivery sound somewhat robotic anyway.

Some folk appear to want a nice sounding ATC addon first (earcandy) and are not that bothered about the realism of the ATC procedures, for those folks the default ATC is probably the best choice.

For anyone else who values a well crafted properly working ATC environment there are far better alternatives available but as in everything in FSX you do have to make some compromises in this case it is the voice quality.

BUT when you are actually flying in the sim with everything else that you need to be taking care of in a complex addon aircraft flying a realistic flightplan, you really do not notice any problems with both PFE or RC voice sets.

It is far different than sitting listening to a Youtube video.

I would much rather have PFE or Radar Contact than fly around Europe listening to American ATC accents ans being vectored all over the place, but that's just me.

I like the way that PFE have modified the voices to sound as if they are transmitted. Many simmers seem to think that radio communication is Hifi standard. It isn't. It is in fact deliberatly altered to increase clarity. PFE have done it well. It's not too difficult to re-modulate a voice recording. There are plenty of wave programmes around that will do the job exactly to one's desire. Also PFE has added squelch and interference to greater enhance the effect. And, that squelch and intereference can be adjusted by the user. It could do a little more in terms of further ATC instruction. However, the problem there is in reailty ATC and pilots often have "mini" conversations and that's nigh impossible for a low cost ATC add-on to copy.

It gets me from A to B most of the time. And, let's me do my own thing if it's in errror.

My point exactly Jeroen. As for any ATC with voices that sound as though they're sat next to me, then I'm afraid for me personally, that will be a no no.

There is a free upgrade pack for vox atc voices. I have them as a static voice so you get all the crackles but I prefer nicoles very pleasant ozzie accent.

however as mentioned you dont notice them once your in the hot zone, a-b safely and efficient as possible.

the one thing I do like about vox atc is they assign you a transition and sid/stars in real time just before take off and about 15 miles from approach.

ZORAN

the one thing I do like about vox atc is they assign you a transition and sid/stars in real time just before take off and about 15 miles from approach.

As does PFE!

There is a free upgrade pack for vox atc voices. I have them as a static voice so you get all the crackles but I prefer nicoles very pleasant ozzie accent.

however as mentioned you dont notice them once your in the hot zone, a-b safely and efficient as possible.

Wow, that is impressive stuff!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Some folk appear to want a nice sounding ATC addon first (earcandy) and are not that bothered about the realism of the ATC procedures, for those folks the default ATC is probably the best choice.

For anyone else who values a well crafted properly working ATC environment there are far better alternatives available but as in everything in FSX you do have to make some compromises in this case it is the voice quality.

I think that is the point. For a company focusing entirely on an add-on ATC application why can't both be accomplished? They have both been done separately, but it seems the no one has captured them both at the same time. I'm trying to get used to PFE, but aside from what has been some reliability issues, it certainly has not shaken the robotic sound problem.

- Aaron