Sign in to follow this  
machie

In Flight realistic ATC Programs with Chatter

There are quite a lot of PFE videos on youtube with reasonably good voices. An additional voice pack was released with excellent voices. I can't say I've seen examples on youtube, but there maybe some.

Sorry we misunderstood.. PFE has the best voices, I was thinking you were talking about voxatc, what has horrably voices according to the youtubes..

Ivona voices are by far the best, pricey though, I own Anna and its eery how real she sounds.

Hi Howard,

To get the best out of PFE, you need the deluxe version with the additional voice pack. I found PFE much more realistic, and was a long time user of RC4. I think RC4 is showing it's age, and since RC5 is shelved for now, I don't intend to use it again.

The biggest issue with PFE, is it must be set up correctly, and flight planning must be correctly set up. Once you really get the hang of it, it is great.

Some users find it difficult, but it is one of those addons where one must RTFM, and visit the forum for tips and tricks. Also, it recognises a lot more airline ICAO call signs than FSX and RC4. Has taxi guidance, and even will give you permission to cross a runway during taxi (with taxi guidance enabled)

As for the voices, with the additional sound pack, it is the best and most realistic I have heard. When flying in the UK, Scotland and Ireland,, PFE really shines, as you get the different accents. There is even one that sounds like Jasper Carrot :)

Hi Julian, thanks for that. It sounds as though it's worth getting just to hear an AT Controller who sounds like Jasper Carrot :lol: Tell me Julian, are there any samples or demo videos anywhere so I can see/hear what I'd be getting? i'm talking about what you have suggested ie, the deluxe version with additional voice pack...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Howard,

No demo unfortunately, but as one user suggested, try you tube. If you do decide to take a punt with PFE, I am available via PM to help.

Another feature I find an absolute gem, is it gets AI plane out of your way on approach, and have never had an AI plane ding my plane during taxi.

Another cool feature, When an AI lands, and you are number 1 @ the holding point, you do not have to wait till the landing AI takes the exit, PFE will line you up as soon as the AI lands. Really speeds things up. Always hated waiting for turbo props to exit.

I am trying not sound like I am embellishing my review to you on PFE, but I am calling it as I see it. It is not perfect either, had the odd quirke happen, but that seems to occur if the FP is dodgy.

Support from Dave March (Dev) is excellent.

http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I picked up PFE and did a short flight with it this morning. Seems very complete, but to be honest I was pretty confused. There aren't any real visual clues (having come from RC) to tell me where I am and what available responses I have at any given time. I got lost in where I was and really had to just fumble through it. Perhaps I'll have better luck on my next try.

- Aaron

If any bit of software should offer a demo period, it surely must be something like this, as there are so many parameters that someone may not like...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

If any bit of software should offer a demo period, it surely must be something like this, as there are so many parameters that someone may not like...

Howard,

PFE is great, except that it doesn't work, or there's just NO support or guide to help you get it to work.

I was able to complete one flight and was in awe. But, when I tried other flights, it just wouldn't complete a flight. ATC would disappear or not give vectors to final, etc.

It was a waste of money for me.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi DJ, mmm, that's what I mean about a demo...

Howard

Howard,

PFE is great, except that it doesn't work, or there's just NO support or guide to help you get it to work.

I was able to complete one flight and was in awe. But, when I tried other flights, it just wouldn't complete a flight. ATC would disappear or not give vectors to final, etc.

Never had that issue DJ. once I figured it out. I use it everyday, for every flight, all over the world. I do agree, a demo is essential for these types of addons

Like RC4, I cannot see that PFE will ever be updated, and I can only surmise that Pro ATC will be the only ATC addon in the future.

As I said to Howard, it has to be configured correctly. It is one of those addons that you need to use regularly to get to grips with it. I nearly gave up on it too, I will admit, but I persevered until I understood what made it tick. I would have to be honest and say, one of PFE's short falls has been the learning curve, and for some users, simplicity is preferred.

I was thinking I should write a tutorial guide, and I may just do that. Depends if anyone would like me to do that.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Julian, thanks for that. It sounds as though it's worth getting just to hear an AT Controller who sounds like Jasper Carrot :lol: Tell me Julian, are there any samples or demo videos anywhere so I can see/hear what I'd be getting? i'm talking about what you have suggested ie, the deluxe version with additional voice pack...

Here is a video i made. It is a flight from eddf to egcc.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Hi DJ, mmm, that's what I mean about a demo...

As I've stated in the past, this could be THE must have add-on, but there are some serious issues that will never be addressed by the developer. Here's why I can NOT recommend this add-on.

1) Support is poorly sad.

2) You pay for PFE and then you have to buy more voices to get all the latest voices working. Older voices sound much better and less robotic, if you can get them to work.

3) Installation is a chore filled with difficulty and you will probaby make a mistake and have to re-install, even if you follow the out dated tutorial.

4) Creating flight plans is difficult. After creating a flight plan with FSX, it then needs to be imported by PFE and then recreated as an adventure. Many simmers propose that in order for the planner to go smoothly, you need a professional payware planner, then convert to PFE 2000 format, then create the adventure. This has worked for some. This means that I would have to spend more money for PFE to work its magic.BUT wait there's more.

5) The adventures. If you are lucky and are able to create a working flight plan, the ATC is immersive and very enjoyable. Taxi instruction and guidance work sometimes and most of the time it doesn't. If you get the clearance, taxi, then take off, and enroute chatter with instructions, you might never get proper decent instrunctions, or you might not even get the tower to clear you to land.

I've had so many problems with the FSX version that it makes me mad when I read that many users are enjoying it, while I feel unsatisfied as a customer.

A demo would be a good idea, but there are no further updates. It's a shame because this could be a great add-on.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I was thinking I should write a tutorial guide, and I may just do that. Depends if anyone would like me to do that.

I think that would be great. One of the things I am struggling with is the lack of a proper walk through of a complete flight.

- Aaron

Thanks for the information DJ. It's good to get the facts from both sides of the fence and the last thing I want is to have to spend all year RTFM! I've found with FS that's just too easy to do, and before you know where you are you're spending more time reading manuals and trying to get software to work than you are flying!

Howard

As I've stated in the past, this could be THE must have add-on, but there are some serious issues that will never be addressed by the developer. Here's why I can NOT recommend this add-on.

1) Support is poorly sad.

2) You pay for PFE and then you have to buy more voices to get all the latest voices working. Older voices sound much better and less robotic, if you can get them to work.

3) Installation is a chore filled with difficulty and you will probaby make a mistake and have to re-install, even if you follow the out dated tutorial.

4) Creating flight plans is difficult. After creating a flight plan with FSX, it then needs to be imported by PFE and then recreated as an adventure. Many simmers propose that in order for the planner to go smoothly, you need a professional payware planner, then convert to PFE 2000 format, then create the adventure. This has worked for some. This means that I would have to spend more money for PFE to work its magic.BUT wait there's more.

5) The adventures. If you are lucky and are able to create a working flight plan, the ATC is immersive and very enjoyable. Taxi instruction and guidance work sometimes and most of the time it doesn't. If you get the clearance, taxi, then take off, and enroute chatter with instructions, you might never get proper decent instrunctions, or you might not even get the tower to clear you to land.

I've had so many problems with the FSX version that it makes me mad when I read that many users are enjoying it, while I feel unsatisfied as a customer.

A demo would be a good idea, but there are no further updates. It's a shame because this could be a great add-on.

I have been using it for more than a year now. The installation is a chore, but I did it once. It is true that you have to spend a little more time to prepare for a flight, but not a big deal. I download my routes via vroutes(the free version) , compile it(10seconds) and then check the altitude are matching my flight plan and adjust it in two clicks and I am done.

As for taxi guidance, it works all the time, not sometimes. If you are talking about TGS, then make sure it is installed before any other addon in your panel CFG(windows Number).

As I said, I have been using it for a year and have done many flights(including atlantic and pacific crossings) and it is working well.

DJ, I am not saying you are not telling the truth, because I know that the support is poor. Anyway, if you need any help running it I am offering my help to you and anybody else interested, just PM me.

Cheers

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Howard,

I would suggest you read the manuel! Even real FP's are carefully contructed. So do the same with yours and PFE will work well.

Sometimes in this world we have to use our brains. Pilots (Good Pilots) must!