Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Airbus X Extended Released

It's great, but I am really disappointed on the lack of wing view, and wing flex on this airplane.

This is something I really enjoyed on the NGX.

Airbus A320 have very little wing flex in real life. Wing view is available via the panel bar. You can even use your mouse wheel to scroll through different wing views by selecting the wing in the panel bar.

Have you been to the Aerosoft forum, and taken the time to read the manual ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

What about realism in the 1.10? Is VNAV real and accurate?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Well, I keep going back and forth about purchasing the Airbus X Extended and think I'm moving towards purchasing.  I own the initial Airbus X, but haven't flown it due to it's simplicity.  That's not to say it wasn't good, but almost all of my flight time is in the PMDG NGX, JS41, MD-11 and Majestic Dash 8.  These are the kind of systems I am looking for and I certainly prefer to have some form of voice control (FS2Crew, MCE) available, which the Airbus X Extended does now.  So before I make the dive (luckily as an upgrade it's not too much), I was hoping you guys could help me out on a few questions.  Please take these questions in context that I am pretty much a Boeing guy and do not understand all the idiosyncrasies of the Scarebusses.

1. I understand this is supposed to simulate normal flight with normal systems and as such the fire extinguishers, etc., do not function.  Do the preflight tests that you would normally perform on these systems work though?  It may seem odd, but going through these preflight flows adds to the immersion for me.

2. I understand only a single MCDU is modeled (fine to me) and it seems that most is modeled.  What is missing from the MCDU functions?

3. I understand the FBW model is vetted by a number or real A320 pilots.  Can anyone tell me if the performance/planning numbers match up reasonably well to real life.  I don't expect perfect, but say if I use real world fuel planning tables for a flight, will I be reasonably close to the Airbus X Extended burn?

4. I've seen numerous posts regarding "VNAV bugs", but I'm not clear what these bugs are.  Can someone elaborate?

5. Any other comments what I'd be missing from the aircraft above that I fly often?  I know I don't get failures, but I don't get those with the JS4100 or the Q400 at the moment either. 

Eric Szczesniak

If you like the NGX, Majestic DCH8, JS41, etc, I would be confident you would like the Airbus X Extended.

It is nothing like the original Airbus X ... I got to tell you I hated that product! .... it had no proper managed or even open climb modes on the AP, it used to set a VS of 1800 and just use autothrottle in the climb (like a default aircraft).

The Extended is nothing like that.... it simulated normal operations really, really well, and comes with tons of immersion, superb visuals and sound, and an awesome checklist system.

It really is a superb Airliner.     If you continue waiting for the FSL A320 you will miss out on a lot of fun in the meantime!

If you like the NGX, Majestic DCH8, JS41, etc, I would be confident you would like the Airbus X Extended.

It is nothing like the original Airbus X ... I got to tell you I hated that product! .... it had no proper managed or even open climb modes on the AP, it used to set a VS of 1800 and just use autothrottle in the climb (like a default aircraft).

The Extended is nothing like that.... it simulated normal operations really, really well, and comes with tons of immersion, superb visuals and sound, and an awesome checklist system.

It really is a superb Airliner.     If you continue waiting for the FSL A320 you will miss out on a lot of fun in the meantime!

+1

Go for it.  I've really started to get into the AXE while I wait (patiently) for the T7.

It's immersive, looks and flies great.  I'm using it for short flights throughout the UK (ORBXISED of course).

...and there are still more things to come in future updates.

If you keep up to date with the aerosoft forums, there are fairly constant updates. One of the major new features which has been previewed is the edition of EGPWS (TERR on ND).

She is really coming along nicely!

Well, I keep going back and forth about purchasing the Airbus X Extended and think I'm moving towards purchasing.  I own the initial Airbus X, but haven't flown it due to it's simplicity.  That's not to say it wasn't good, but almost all of my flight time is in the PMDG NGX, JS41, MD-11 and Majestic Dash 8.  These are the kind of systems I am looking for and I certainly prefer to have some form of voice control (FS2Crew, MCE) available, which the Airbus X Extended does now.  So before I make the dive (luckily as an upgrade it's not too much), I was hoping you guys could help me out on a few questions.  Please take these questions in context that I am pretty much a Boeing guy and do not understand all the idiosyncrasies of the Scarebusses.

1. I understand this is supposed to simulate normal flight with normal systems and as such the fire extinguishers, etc., do not function.  Do the preflight tests that you would normally perform on these systems work though?  It may seem odd, but going through these preflight flows adds to the immersion for me.

2. I understand only a single MCDU is modeled (fine to me) and it seems that most is modeled.  What is missing from the MCDU functions?

3. I understand the FBW model is vetted by a number or real A320 pilots.  Can anyone tell me if the performance/planning numbers match up reasonably well to real life.  I don't expect perfect, but say if I use real world fuel planning tables for a flight, will I be reasonably close to the Airbus X Extended burn?

4. I've seen numerous posts regarding "VNAV bugs", but I'm not clear what these bugs are.  Can someone elaborate?

5. Any other comments what I'd be missing from the aircraft above that I fly often?  I know I don't get failures, but I don't get those with the JS4100 or the Q400 at the moment either. 

I'm in the same position as you I think.  I have been flying Boeing 737's for literally probably the past 10 years.  I have the Q400 and have some time in that too but 99.9% of my time has been in the 737 over that time span.  Of course, since the NGX came out, that has been my favorite and most flown aircraft.

Anyway, I have been debating getting the Airbus Extended X for the past couple of weeks.  Part of what is hard in making this decision for me too is that this will be the same route type as the NGX of course.  So, do I really need another medium haul aircraft when I already have the beloved NGX?  Or, would I rather just get the 777 instead of the Airbus?  Tough decision there.  Also, I've heard a lot of the same comments with regards to LNAV bugs too and wonder if those are indeed fixed?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I'm in the same position as you I think.  I have been flying Boeing 737's for literally probably the past 10 years.  I have the Q400 and have some time in that too but 99.9% of my time has been in the 737 over that time span.  Of course, since the NGX came out, that has been my favorite and most flown aircraft.

Anyway, I have been debating getting the Airbus Extended X for the past couple of weeks.  Part of what is hard in making this decision for me too is that this will be the same route type as the NGX of course.  So, do I really need another medium haul aircraft when I already have the beloved NGX?  Or, would I rather just get the 777 instead of the Airbus?  Tough decision there.  Also, I've heard a lot of the same comments with regards to LNAV bugs too and wonder if those are indeed fixed?

No disrespect to you whatsoever but I think my advice, given your comments, would be not to buy the Airbus X Extended.   For me, it is my joint favourite ever aircraft for any version of FS, but from your post you seem to have found something that you like, and seem content and quite focussed on that. (eg.. 737).    If I were to fly nothing but 737s I would have died from boredom by now!... I like variation.. but we are all different and I genuinely respect that.   In fact I admire people who can focus on just 1 aircraft and really go the whole hog with it. 

I could see you spending your time drawing constant comparisons with the 737, and expecting the Airbus to behave and work the same way ........ - and it so doesn't!

There are no bugs whatsoever with LNAV (or Managed Navigation I should say). The aircraft flies the programmed route perfectly for me.

It sounds like the best thing for you may be to stick with your 737 and then transition to the 777 when it comes out.     But that's just my 2p, from your post,  I'm not pretending to know you beyond that post - just trying to save you wasting some hard earned £$£$, on something that may not suit you.

(...)  Also, I've heard a lot of the same comments with regards to LNAV bugs too and wonder if those are indeed fixed?

It depends on what's exactly on your mind:

- RNAV approaches are not (yet) implemented.

- Overturning at waypoints is being examined for a hotfix/updated full version.

- Most of the other stuff related to (L)NAV discussions has been fixed in the latest build (v1.10 + hotfixes 15 and 16b, + the optional HF017b for FS2Crew ability).

- RNAV approaches are not (yet) implemented.

Care to elaborate on this?

Managed NPA's are definately implemented.

Once at the IAF, hit the APPR button and FINAL APP will be displayed on your FMA. You will then get the 'VDEV Brick' on your PFD in which the AP will follow (if in managed mode. In in selected, use TRK/FPA to follow brick). If prior to the IAF, APP FINAL and FINAL ALT will be displayed in blue on the FMA as they armed for the FINAL APP segment.

All working fine for me (while I currently have the latest build given to the beta team, I have also tried the released versions with hotfixes and NPA's work fine with that).

Care to elaborate on this?

Managed NPA's are definately implemented.

(...)

Sure. May be a matter of wording, see here paragraph 'PFD':

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/67788-airbus-x-a320321-formerly-airbus-x-extended-version-110-released/

"Changed: VDEV(or also known as green dot) added, RNAV still not fully supported yet though."

I'm not a RW pilot (and I'm not sure Mathijs is) - NPAs are implemented; the a.m. quote may relate to IAN specifically.

Sure. May be a matter of wording, see here paragraph 'PFD':

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/67788-airbus-x-a320321-formerly-airbus-x-extended-version-110-released/

"Changed: VDEV(or also known as green dot) added, RNAV still not fully supported yet though."

I'm not a RW pilot (and I'm not sure Mathijs is) - NPAs are implemented; the a.m. quote may relate to IAN specifically.

Yeah, while it says that in the log, I am still pretty sure that managed NPA's are in there (now called FMS Landing System I believe).

That quote regarding RNAV still not fully supported was due to the fact that there we some VDEV bugs on random accounts so more of just a disclaimer. I believe if you go in sim, and do as I described in my post above, the appropriate things on the PFD should appear.