Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Which developper you want to thank for bringing you fun in 2012 ?

My thanks goes to:

4) ORBX for both of the New Zealand sceneries. I have flown from the most northern to the most southern airport with Carenado's Piper Arrow, in a long series of small hops. Lots of great sights, had a really good time.

3) Carenado for the PA46T Malibu JetProp. All-around great aircraft, zero issues, having a blast flying it.

2) Chabrier as the starter of this awesome thread, and Johan Dees, Pete Dowson, Bob Scott and others who responded with great work resulting in improving the ground friction properties of FSX. You people utterly rock.

1) In my opinion, the 2012 Man Of The Year of the FSX world is SteveJP, for being on what seems to be a mission to eradicate the word "Preview" from the "DX10 Preview" mode, and single-handedly fixing almost everything that MS left unfinished or broken in this mode. Steve, your work is mindblowingly outstanding. I think I am not the only one for whom this had a profound positive impact on the simming hobby. I also thank everyone who was helpful in testing, spreading the word and writing tutorials, such as Paul J and firehawk44, but also many others.

A2A for ACCUFEEL

Puts life into EVERY fs aircraft-amazing, a real smile on face product.

Without a doubt the iFly team and Flight1 get my platinum award with diamonds.

Because of my assistance there I have now landed a real paid job trucking

through Europe which is what I love to do most so I'm forever in their debt.

And before I landed the job I have flown thousands of hours in their 737NG which

while not being as much fun as driving a DAF XF is right up there.

They're some good blokes and I miss 'm daily.

Carenado, Realair, Flight 1/Level D, PMDG And ORBX for me. I've flown those aircraft alot this past year.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Must of you won't agree I'm sure, but for me, almost 200 hours in Microsoft Flight and still going. Works right right out of the box, no muss no fuss. Can't be helped it was killed my gross mismanagement long before it's time. Just love the Carbon Cub! Low and slow, stick and rudder baby.

A2A Accufeel and P51

RA Legacy

Bernt Stolle for a bunch of awesome plane FDEs that fly great

Peter Dowson FSUIPC and CTD fix

REX for their awesome free upgrades

OpusFSX for finally making weather look like it does here in PNW

Bert Pieke for all the helpful gauge tweaks

ORBX for PNW region and airports

2012 was a great FSX year for me thanks to those.

--John near KPAE

Bryan York for Fscrew for the NGX. Pete Dowson for his fix for the dreaded G3D.dll CTD, a particularly nasty demon I was always nervous would pop up around certain areas. I was hoping to add Christian Grill and his long awaited PFPX to the list this year, but it looks like we will have to settle for 2013.

OpusFSX ... wonderful weather engine which transforms FSX to a new level.

Carenado ... for their CT182.

Orbx ... for their continued releases and airports.

AVSIM ... for keeping this wonderful site open.

FSDT for GSX

FlightBeam for their amazing KPHX

REX Studios

FlyTampa

PMDG

Level-D

Aerosoft

QualityWings

FS2Crew

Pete Dowson

and last but not least, SunSkyJet for the outstanding KPHL (freeware but looks like it should be payware)

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Guest N_M_S

The developpers of x737 (for X-Plane), Benedikt Stratmann and Pierre Stone.

Hi all,

Well what a year, and where do I start! Well I guess from the beginning of the year and work through. So many thanks must go to:-

PMDG for the 737NGX great plane! the other's I got the year before!

A2A for emptying my wallet, when I discovered their wonderful aircraft after looking for a change from commercial jets..........Ended up buying the Cub, Spitfire, P51 Mustang and the Boeing Stratocruiser all with Accusim. Damn it why are they so enjoyable!

REX for producing well REX and then upgrading it free of charge to REXEssentials, what amazing weather and great improvement over the original with regards download times and so on.

Then I went and discovered UK2000 Scenery, when I wanted my local airfield at Bruntingthorpe in FSX ended up with VFR 1,2 and 3 Plus Birmingham and East Midlands Extreme. Great scenery, thanks Gary.

Then I discovered FlyTampa, mmmm Hong Kong and Dubai rebooted, stunning scenery another thankyou to them.

I then went and treated myself to a Saitek Yoke, rudder pedals and Throttle quadrant, after many years with a joystick............So a huge big thankyou to Peter Dowson for FSUIPC because the Saitek software was so poor and didn't work even after a week. Pete got me up and running within a day.

Lastly to everyone on here at AVSIM who make FlightSimming so worth while, I never realised this hobby could be so time consuming or so enjoyable. Especially thanks go to Jim Firehawk44, for your help, Jim Hodge001 for your help with the Carenado Cessna 208 door manager and the Cerasim Bell222 door manager..........Still working great! also to all the talented people who make freeware aircraft, there are some real good ones out there and I just love the talent they show in them.

Ask me next year and I hope to say a Quality Wings 146, Maybe PMDG 777 and DC6 and looking forward to the Just Flight Lockheed Tristar.....

Thanks to everyone, and may we have many more years of great simming ahead of us. Happy New Year to all developers and all the AVSIM members. Thanks so much :p0504:

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

I

Missed this thread the first time around, so my developers are:

OPUS -great weather engine and more

Lockheed-Martin - for resurrecting FSX as P3D

IRIS - A-10 Warthog Driver

VRS - Superbug F/A-18E with TacPack - wow, just wow