Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Which developper you want to thank for bringing you fun in 2012 ?

Only one :smile: !

For me it's A2A.

After a long break, I went back to FSX in May and since have spent a fair amount of money on add-ons (see profile). At the end of the day, so far, the only a/c I'm really fully satisfied of, are A2A's. The fully functional VCs are incredibly sharp and readable (good PoV too) even on a 17incher, the simulation/FDE are realistic with Accusim, the documentation is extensive and - a big cherry on the cake ! - they don't unreasonably hit the fluidity and framerate on my laptop.

Dont' make me wrong, the others are rather good some way or another. A big frustration was the Legacy though, as I am a big fan of RA. The aircraft modeling and FDE are stunning but she stutters evey so often on my present rig. Too rich for its blood I suppose. I kinda like the Huey too within Aerosoft limitations. Anyway first chopper I ever landed in any FS without crashing :wink: ... Fun in OrbX wonderful landscapes.

So a big thank to A2A for bringing me fun in 2012 :Applause: .

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

For me, PMDG. They successfully trolled half the FS community with long stretches of non-communication with the 777.

RealAir's Legacy.

Best payware plane to date easy!

I've logged lots of hours (and thanks to Orbx) flying PNW scenery and airports where I've flown often this year.

Also while it didn't startup this year I'd like to thank Pilot Edge (http://www.pilotedge.net/) for their awesome live ATC service... keeps me on my toes!

On the freeware side, HUGE thanks to Mario Noriega for his superb Piaggio P180! I've already burned through 4 engines on takeoff!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Another 'vote' for the RealAir Legacy! Best (GA) ever. And second place to the devs of OpusFSX! These two addons really 'made my year'.

OPUSFX real live weather..instant load and no hit on frame rates..plus the live cammera views,

has to rank as the best supported program.

along with AS2012..The weather has never been better,

PMDG ..Also has great aircraft and great support staff,

Merry Xmas to all the Avsim staff and all members around the world...great bunch //

Best regards

Don Nelson

Microsoft. Flight has to be the worst managed product in the history of flight simming. From beginning to end it felt like a Dilbert strip.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Opus, Realair (Legacy for 2012, but also the Dukes), PMDG, A2A and Steve from Ideal Flight. Did I say too many of them? :P I'll see if I have to thank Aerosoft and QW, too, after Christmas.

Cheers

Fede

Another one for RealAir....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Well I'd like to thank:

Opus

A2A

Flight Replicas

VRS

Baytower

and RealAir. However I cant believe nobody but myself is bothered by what the canopy reflection map does to the sun when viewed looking out the sides of the bubble canopy in the Legacy. I stopped flying the legacy as I'm a trackir look all around vfr kind of guy, and that light cone jetting out of the sun bothers me a lot. Bought the two RealAir Dukes this year though, and really like those lot.

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeds 400KB limit.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Guest FSMP

No brainer -

Peter Dowson

Without him, so much would not work in FSX.

I want to thank ALL the wonderful Developers who devote so much time to provide me and so many others with the continued joy received in this wonderful hobby. The talent is immense, and I look forward to continuing flying with the help of all those who work so hard to make that possible.

Merry Christmas and a tremendous New Year!

Stan

Ifly for driving my neverending cockpit craving.

Opusfx for scaring the crap out of me.

Pete Dowson for helping with my Lua.

Megasceneryearth for revamping my home area.