Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

FSDreamteam CYVR Vancouver is out!

Fortunately, I'm not experiencing the issues as everyone else BUT I do agree with most of the comments here pertaining to performance etc.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

but the numbers on Umberto's graphs between DX9 and DX10 don't match the graphs themselves which seem virtually identical.

The graphs in Process Explorer are scaled proportionally an in realtime, based on the highest peak reached for THAT session. Which means, if one session reached 3.0GB at most, and the next one was 2.0GB, half height on the graph represents 1.5GB and 1.0GB. What counts is the number you read in the tooltip when you hover the mouse at a certain point in time, and those were the numbers I've copied in my screenshots.

Sarcasm? I love it! The truth is that what ever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve through "legal" or "illegal" means. :P There's always X-Plane. I hope that FSDT considers this platform as an alternate.

I believe that Umberto recently stated that they won't consider Xplane until the platform is more mature. He literally said maybe XP13.....

The graphs in Process Explorer are scaled proportionally an in realtime, based on the highest peak reached for THAT session. Which means, if one session reached 3.0GB at most, and the next one was 2.0GB, half height on the graph represents 1.5GB and 1.0GB. What counts is the number you read in the tooltip when you hover the mouse at a certain point in time, and those were the numbers I've copied in my screenshots.

Is there anyway in process explorer you can get a breakdown of an applications memory usage? Just showing that fsx is using 3.6GB in VAS is not telling a whole lot. There must be a way other than manually disabling and enabling to breakdown fsx and see how much cyvr is using, how much fsx itself as a core is using, how much the AI engine addon is using, and so on.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I'm seeing significant improvements running in DX10 with the full compliment of UT2, NGX, PNW, Vancouver+, and REX (1024 texture clouds) however I still OOM on approach from KSFO as the airport loads at runway 26R at around 9.5 nm out. Departures and GSX activity at the airport are much improved and frames are solid (20-25 fps) in heavy rain.

A couple of ideas/questions that I'm going to look into this evening. One of which is in Process Explorer I noticed that FSX.exe's priority is set to normal. If I increase it to high (1 below real-time which is dangerous to run as it uses all resources on the sim) I noticed that my memory stopped going up and stabilized around 2.9-3.0 gb with all of these addons (even 100% road traffic, I realize I should dial it down but just ignore that for this purpose). I'll be measuring the entire way to see what happens on my NGX test flight from KSFO. The other idea is something I read at the FSDT forums. Umberto meantions that as you keep on loading up addons it increases your base VAS usage. Would it make any difference if I disabled airports and/or sceneries (Manhattan X for example) that I'm not using or does that not really matter much?

Brandon Sherzer

If you all wouldn't try to run the airport with 100% traffic, and your autogen sliders maxed, you wouldn't have so many problems!

Been flying around with the NGX with ORBX, at this airport for 30 Minutes now, and not one single CTD. Why? Because I autogen at dense, and traffic set to 17%.

Sarcasm? I love it! The truth is that what ever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve through "legal" or "illegal" means. :P

There's always X-Plane. I hope that FSDT considers this platform as an alternate.

Indeed, it is my happy place you know. :lol:

I'm glad it was received in the spirit in which it was given.

If you all wouldn't try to run the airport with 100% traffic, and your autogen sliders maxed, you wouldn't have so many problems!

Been flying around with the NGX with ORBX, at this airport for 30 Minutes now, and not one single CTD. Why? Because I autogen at dense, and traffic set to 17%.

If only things were that simple. No two computers are alike and what works for you doesn't necessarily work for everyone else. I'm glad that things are running great for you, but don't presume to have the silver bullet that solves all problems for others.

- Aaron

Guys,

I am getting massive fps issues when looking into the centre of the airport at low level only. Below are some pics, 29.x is smooth as butter, when it hits 19, it fluctuates from 30, which causes the issue

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm74/aceridgey/FSDT%20ISSUE/th_10.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm74/aceridgey/FSDT%20ISSUE/1.jpg

Spot and wingviews for me, never go below 30.. I feel it's linked to the oom issues.

No AI traffic etc. can run Flytampa dubai and hundreds of other sceneries [minus certain aerosoft ones ;)] without issue

Alex

Edited by aceridgey
Images removed. Exceed 1600W and 400KB limits.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

It is always different based on a multitude of other factors. Texture settings, graphic settings, fsx.cfg settings, differing hardware, other processes running, competing/conflicting add-ons. The list goes on and on. So while you have the right balance for the different variables in your set-up, that does not mean it is right for everyone.

You are right in concept though, when something is added to the equation, such as a demanding new airport, something else probably has to give. What that is probably depends on each individuals configuration.

- Aaron

:good: Howard is a happy boy now! I ran the same scenario as yesterday, ie, RW with Opus, and it was the same, 8/8 cloud with severe snow... normal AG in the NGX, I ran all my addons with no problem. What changed? Well, I went into my cfg and had forgotten that I had increased my TML to 2048, so I dropped this back to 1024. I then also remembered that I had introduced a reject threshold value, and so returned it to the previous value of Bufferpools=0... Touch wood and fingers crossed but all seems to be OK. EDIT: I just remembered, I also followed Robert McDougall's advice and installed Game Booster, this also seems to have helped things, I noticed the FSX control menu items appeared to load a lot quicker... so maybe this has had a positive effect too.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Flew into CYVR last night (from FSDT Vegas) and caught an OOM on final, luckily I had Autosave on so I was able to finish the flight. I was running DX9, NGX, UTX, and REX textures AS2012 with rain and about 1000 overcast. I was on VATSIM and there may have been one or two other aircraft at/around the airport (I use WoAI models for FSInn). I do have LOD=6.5 and 2048 could textures in REX. I am going to try YVR-SFO-YVR tonight in the NGX with LOD=4.5 and 1024 REX clouds to see what happens on departure and arrival in terms of performance and VAS. I did not even look at the VAS last night because I haven't had an OOM in quite some time (see specs on left), and by the time I was landing in YVR after the OOM it was late and I was in no mood to trouble-shot.

The scenery does look very nice and I am hopping that a compromise in LOD and could size will help. I will report back if I see anything interesting.

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

I am getting massive fps issues when looking into the centre of the airport at low level only. Below are some pics, 29.x is smooth as butter, when it hits 19, it fluctuates from 30, which causes the issue

Same issue here. I actually drop FPS down around 10-12 when flying or taxiing near the center of the airport.

I had a problem with the addon manager and I went into KAspersky to check what was going on. For some reason it took away my FSX simulator from the exclude and put Virtuali as untrusted. Then reenabled the whole simulator directory again as excluded from scanning. Just got another 5-10 FPS.

Im sitting at the airport in the MD-11 with sliders about 3/4, except for autogen at normal, and 4096 textures, heavy overcast with heavy rain, and I have 25-30 FPS. AI is way down to. Similar to Summer's settings. Granted the MD-11 is easy on FPS. However the VAS is at 3.7GB. There is no way im getting the NGX on here. Putting the sliders down only reduces it by a 150mb or so. Not really a difference.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png