Sign in to follow this  
severniae

My little Pro ATC/X Review

Hi Dave

Just a few little 'glitches' found on that flight that need fixing. Then hopefully 1.2 will be ready to go.

If I was a betting man, Saturday evening(UK)   should, I say again should be good to go

Stay tuned

Awesome. Look forward to it. 

One other note, Ive been trying to track down my wind extreme wind/pressure shifts even though I have alot of suppression within Opus which I hate to do as its unrealistic. But I found that not running ProAtc I had very little and minimal shifts. I could even raise the realism. I tried a few more flights and different aircraft so it wasnt a coincidence.   Mourad says he knows of this but its not ProAtc because it doesnt change anything. So do you know of any fixes for this combination? Are you experiencing this too or am I the lone bird.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Actually I had no intention of making another post on the subject of PFE in this thread, unless asked a question on it, but since you asked! With due respect this isn't a support thread, or an advertizement thread on the addon support forum, by the products Kum-ba-ya committee. it's a review thread in a general Flightsim forum. As such it's perfectly valid to make feature comparison with it's competition. That includes PFE, Radar Contact, VOXATC or even default ATC. I could of went in depth with all the myriad of features PFE has over ProATC-X. I didn't. I responded to a post on the quality of the voices of ProATC-X, I stated the problems I had with them, and that was the main reason I switched to PFE. Then a subsequent post was made on how many voices there were, I just posted what PFE had in comparison, and that was it. I don't believe that is over the top.

+1 here, PFE still beats all current ATC+ its got exceelent taxi guidance and more, but install/setup is quite messy. If the owner did some work to clean up PFE setup, he would sell more.

As for Pro ATC, they have my total salute in thier marketing strategy, second to none.

Since the sim community is ever declining i am all for giving folks the best advice i can source, to reduce the deluge of those leaving the hobby, cause just too many addons with good reviews and strangly recuring topics end up being barrel of frustration. 

RC4 works great no hassle, but dated, still worth having for no hassle flights though.

Never tried VoxATC, purchased ProATC, but never bothered to try it cause still liisted as not having features i consider essential for ATC

The future of addons in such a small community may yet be as ProATC and CaptainSim are doing, customers fund he developement, starting from beta stage. for this reason i purchased ProATC, to get another ATC option, but still a long way from installing it.

Thanks for the review, ill sit on the fence bit longer to use it, but i already paid my dues

1.2 should be out tomorrow and boy is it good, below is short taster of whats to come. 1.2 takes ProATC from "very good" to "great" and it's well on it's way to legendary!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJyNa11jS2g

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I haven't tried Pro ATC/X.  It's good to know the new version doesn't vector you into terrain.  Does the new version work with SIDs/STARs?  Does it work with AI aircraft and Ultimate Traffic 2?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Gregg

To answer your questions:

Does ProATC/X work with SIDs/STARs.........yes and you can update AIRAC data

Does it work with AI aircraft/UT2.....yes, but there is currently no control of AI on the ground. This will come very shortly after 1.2 has been released.

I have UT2 and have no problems at all.

What some people forget to do is 'reset the AI'  once the weather has been loaded and has stabilized. If you don't do that then the AI could be using the incorrect runways/taxiways.

I have the UT 'reset AI traffic' mapped to a joystick button, so when OPUS weather has loaded and has stabilized, a quick press of the button sets the AI up correctly.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Does ProATC/X work with SIDs/STARs.........yes and you can update AIRAC data

That's good to know in terms of UT2.  In terms of SIDs/STARs, some of the ones I fly have 'radar vectors to ____ intersection as the first instruction.  My current ATC doesn't handle this well and my GNS expects it.  Does ProATC handle those?...vectoring you when it's required by the SID?  I really am looking for a better ATC but it has been pretty tough so far.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Good work sounds great and more changes updates to come might have to buy this now. The best part is that it's being continually improved which is sensational the video is awesome watch it.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

That's good to know in terms of UT2. In terms of SIDs/STARs, some of the ones I fly have 'radar vectors to ____ intersection as the first instruction. My current ATC doesn't handle this well and my GNS expects it. Does ProATC handle those?...vectoring you when it's required by the SID? I really am looking for a better ATC but it has been pretty tough so far.

In case it doesn't, seems like, while vectors are given to the pilot in the instructions, it might be hard for an ATC program to figure out.  It could just be a checkbox that you select when you enter your flight plan "vectors to first fix after departure".  Examples include the Las Vegas "MCCARRAN THREE DEPARTURE" off of runway 25 and the KSNA "MUSEL SIX DEPARTURE" TRN transition off of runway 19.  The initial turn might not match the SIDs instructions but life happens.

The problem you're trying to solve is, sometimes there is only one SID that's appropriate for your flight so the pilot is stuck with it.

Gregg Seipp

Nice changes coming. Look forward to the release. Vectoring to the SID will be a nice improvement. 

And Ai ground control on the ground even more. These guys are annoying me they just decide to cut in front of me. 

What I was doing as far as listening to ATC was tune to FSX ATC which has the instructions according to the aircraft around me. Problem is I end up having crossover listening to FSX and ProAtc.  Is ProATC planning on doing something like that? We can listen to the instructions being given to the aircraft around?

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I notice that it's been released.  Anybody try it?

Gregg Seipp

@ Simmer 2050:

"The future of addons in such a small community may yet be as ProATC and CaptainSim are doing, customers fund the developement, starting from beta stage. for this reason i purchased ProATC, to get another ATC option, but still a long way from installing it."

I like that statement. This may be the way development is going.

Bute there is a difference how CS and ProATC are doing it: Cs's 777 first release was clearly marked as being beta while ProATC from its beginning (June 2012) was advertised as being a fully developed ATC program. As a customer I would like to know at what development state an add-on is I'm buying.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM, wanabflyer said:

Expensive or not, you won,t regret it. PRO ATC is only going to get better.

So, did it get better?  

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Boomer said:

So, did it get better?  

My question is, if it's so good, why don't they have a demo?

Gregg Seipp

11 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

My question is, if it's so good, why don't they have a demo?

There is a demo

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, Boomer said:

There is a demo

Where? 

Gregg Seipp