Sign in to follow this  
dewback

Flight1 Citation or Eagle Citation X Extreme 2

Visit Mindstar for more info on what they offer... B)

Stiggie, we have no plans for a CX Type Project at this time.

Hi Ron,

That's too bad. The Citation X 2.0 could use a VC upgrade a la PMDG 747v2. I stop flying it as I start seeing gaps in the VC. After a number of flights, I start noticing these gaps and for me it's annoying. This is of course my personal opinion.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Wondering if anyone has views about that one....

I have the eaglesoft CJ1+ (for fs9) and I can tell you it's a solid addon. Systems are well simulated, the FMS is quite in depth. The plane flies very well both by hand or on the autopilot.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

The Cj1+ is getting a left in the shadows a bit by the newer models with the improved VCs and systems. I still like the CJ1+ V2.0 and fly it often from the smaller airports. It is a good performer and has an easy panel layout for flying in the FS. It has brought some baggage with it from previous versions and some of the subpanels are quite weak and blurry but the systems work just fine.

The flight dynamics for FSX are just fine and the animations are good also. I also would like to see a facelift for the panel. Maybe it will come as an 'Encore'. (sic)

The exterior is sharp and the sounds are good. It has a generic type FMC that does the job, it is just that it is one more FMC that you have to learn. It will obviously do everything needed, just from the old school.

A review is actually in work that compares several of these corporate jets in a practical environment.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I stop flying it as I start seeing gaps in the VC. After a number of flights, I start noticing these gaps and for me it's annoying. This is of course my personal opinion.

We've never seen gaps like you mention but as you say it's personal opinion. The original modeler has moved on so we do not anticipate another revision.

It has a generic type FMC that does the job, it is just that it is one more FMC that you have to learn. It will obviously do everything needed, just from the old school.

Ray, it's a Universal UNS-1 which is quite common in older Cessna Jets including the XLS. Local FBO XLS has the same FMC. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

We've never seen gaps like you mention but as you say it's personal opinion.

Me neither. But, I haven't gone looking in out of the way places either.

Ray

We've never seen gaps like you mention but as you say it's personal opinion. The original modeler has moved on so we do not anticipate another revision.

Ray, it's a Universal UNS-1 which is quite common in older Cessna Jets including the XLS. Local FBO XLS has the same FMC. B)

Oh, I fully understand the modeling of the FMC. This is a late '90s Cessna design built on a twenty year old platform. Like I said, 'it is just from the old school' and one more FMC to learn. I actually prefer to use the panel mounted simple GPS for most flights. I have mine set to popup the Reality XP GNS530 which brings it more up to date.

Like BIll stated someplace, why do we use a less capable nav system when we have the FMC? My answer is I don't have the time to learn all the ins and outs of an antiquated FMC and I have plenty of other choices to fly in FSX.

Just because it is old, doesn't mean its not fun to fly.

Ray

Well the opinions on FMC vs GPS Navigation Systems will fall roughly in favor of GPS Navigation Systems as the technology becomes more affordable and available. A possible exception might be that of long range and Great Circle Navigation needs for international flight. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Didn't the Citation X get a VC upgrade with the latest hotfix?

Have to say the VC is good, it's not A2A B17 panel shakes when you start an engine detail level but its generally good and a nice place to be.

BTW There is an Eater Egg, if you type PUNCH IT CHEWY into the FMC in flight you enter hyperspace! True Story Bro. ;)

It did and we know nothing of the hyperspace bug you report... :LMAO:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

A review is actually in work that compares several of these corporate jets in a practical environment.

Will be very interested to read it .. .. .. After spending so long flying around in the NGX I feel a return to the smaller jets coming on !!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Will be very interested to read it .. .. .. After spending so long flying around in the NGX I feel a return to the smaller jets coming on !!

G

Same here. I've been flying around my orbx regions in both Citations over the past week and it was a refreshing change from flying the MD-11 for all these months.

Oh, I fully understand the modeling of the FMC. This is a late '90s Cessna design built on a twenty year old platform. Like I said, 'it is just from the old school' and one more FMC to learn.

Ray, I have no idea whatever how you formed the impression that the Universal UNS-1Fw is "old school..." This version represents a 2010 built CJ1+ that features up-to-date Collins ProLine21 being driven by the newer designed UNS-1Fw.

It is - in fact - much more modern and up-to-date than the Honeywell or Collins units that so many folks rave about! Universal has consistently been a leader in the avionics field. Here is an interesting factoid:

On September 25, 2007, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) gave TSO approval to Universal's WAAS/SBAS enabled Flight Management Systems.[5][6] It was the first FMS to be certified for WAAS LPV

That sure doesn't sound much like "old school" to me... <_<

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ray, I have no idea whatever how you formed the impression that the Universal UNS-1Fw is "old school..." This version represents a 2010 built CJ1+ that features up-to-date Collins ProLine21 being driven by the newer designed UNS-1Fw.

It is - in fact - much more modern and up-to-date than the Honeywell or Collins units that so many folks rave about! Universal has consistently been a leader in the avionics field. Here is an interesting factoid:

That sure doesn't sound much like "old school" to me... <_<

I am obviously way off base and totally uninformed with that comment. I did not know about the WAAS certification, that would make it superior to the Citation X capabilities wouldn't it. I guess I must have been influenced by the two intro paragraphs in the manual: It must have been the 1981 and 1982 that I remembered and not all the nifty updates and upgrades over the 30 years it has been around. Sorry, I apologize,Bill.

Ray

The capabilities are 21st century but it's not like Apple designed the user experience, the interface is old school, not what's behind it.

BTW I'm typing this on a MacBook Pro and also own a Linus server environment which uses command line only so don't have a bias, just saying it how it is.

And so it goes...GPS or FMS capability? Full or partial implementation? Good graphics or not so good graphics? Do simmers ever just relax and fly?He%20He.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Me neither. But, I haven't gone looking in out of the way places either.

Ray

Oh, I fully understand the modeling of the FMC. This is a late '90s Cessna design built on a twenty year old platform. Like I said, 'it is just from the old school' and one more FMC to learn. I actually prefer to use the panel mounted simple GPS for most flights. I have mine set to popup the Reality XP GNS530 which brings it more up to date.

Like BIll stated someplace, why do we use a less capable nav system when we have the FMC? My answer is I don't have the time to learn all the ins and outs of an antiquated FMC and I have plenty of other choices to fly in FSX.

Just because it is old, doesn't mean its not fun to fly.

Ray

OK gang. All watch as I as removed by shoe from my mouth, I have already swallowed the foot. I apologize to Bill and ESDG for stating the FMC in the CJ1+ was antiquated and 'old school'. Both are about as far from accurate as you will find.

The FMC modelled in the Eaglesoftdg CJ1+ v2.0 Extreme is up-to-date, I mean really up-to-date and superior to most other FMC including those that we rat and rave about here in the forum and around the airliner pages. It has colors, WAAS capability and will do just about anything we can imagine and has an 80 page or so manual that we need to breakout and study.

Sorry guys. I will be more careful in my comments in the future

Ray

Hey, does that mean we have VNAV and can use the ESDG CJ1+ with the newly discovered super up-to-date FMC to shoot LPV approaches in FSX? Sounds like it may be a reality.

Ray

Crap, found the answer in red in the manual under advanced approaches. NO - WAAS and LPV are not supported in the simulator.

NOTE: CJ1+ does not include or support WAAS or LAWS GPS performance in the simulator.

So now we get into what is simulated and what is not. Hmmmm. Is it Memorex or is it real? What is a LAWS GPS approach anyway?