Sign in to follow this  
dewback

Flight1 Citation or Eagle Citation X Extreme 2

Ray, no problem but just an FYI. The discussion and fine points between Bill and yourself does NOT mean that we included WAAS Capability in the CJ1+. If that were the case we would have prominately included that in our Feature List. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

And so it goes...GPS or FMS capability? Full or partial implementation? Good graphics or not so good graphics? Do simmers ever just relax and fly?He%20He.gif

My comments were about the aircraft system not what you guys have done which is awesome.

We understand and no hard feelings toward anyone in this discussion. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

And so it goes...GPS or FMS capability? Full or partial implementation? Good graphics or not so good graphics? Do simmers ever just relax and fly?He%20He.gif

Hey Ron, don't complain - if we weren't so picky then we would probably all be flying the Wilco CX rather than yours....

Just sayin .. ..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

We get it Gaz and no problem... B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I am obviously way off base and totally uninformed with that comment. I did not know about the WAAS certification, that would make it superior to the Citation X capabilities wouldn't it. I guess I must have been influenced by the two intro paragraphs in the manual: It must have been the 1981 and 1982 that I remembered and not all the nifty updates and upgrades over the 30 years it has been around. Sorry, I apologize,Bill.

Ray, honestly I think you have some justification for making the assumption you did, given the quoted material in our own documentation, which omitted the 30 years of progress that's been made on the original UNS-1... which by the way even looks totally different from the current version.

As you've now discovered, the sim version of the UNS-1Fw does not have the enhanced, real world functionality, but that's only because of sim limitations. The only purpose of my mentioning of them in my prior post was to illustrate just how much more advanced Universal has been over the competition... they are leaders, not followers... :lol:

In any case, after having given it more thought after the fact, I should have either emailed or PM'd the corrected information to you. Please accept my apology for unthinkingly placing you in an uncomfortable position... :sorry:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Be aware that the Flight 1 Mustang doesn't work under Windows 8 Pro

Great discussion here. I am with Ron (Hope you are doing well Ron!), buy both :rolleyes:. A couple days ago, Jim and the dev team updated our Mustang and 182 to work with Windows 8 and both now include Navdatapro support.

Jeff Smith
Sales / Product Support
Flight One Software
'Like' Us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter / My Blog - Being Reorganized

OK, Bill. We are both back to square one again. Thanks for the understanding. I have way too many add ons to appreciate some of the finer things they all have built in that are not so obvious unless one spends some quality time with the documentation or long running threads.

Hey Jeff, I updated my C182T yesterday and am working on the new diesel paint job in my spare time.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hey Jeff, I updated my C182T yesterday and am working on the new diesel paint job in my spare time.

Ray

Very cool Ray. Keep me posted on the paint. I'd like to have a copy.

Jeff Smith
Sales / Product Support
Flight One Software
'Like' Us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter / My Blog - Being Reorganized

Hey Jeff, long time no see. Hope all is well with you guys as well! B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I am surprised how little the Eaglesoft CJ1 v2 has been mentioned. In fact there seems very little info about it at all, hardly any reviews and no content on YouTube. Seems odd since it has been out a while...

Wondering if anyone has views about that one....

Hi Gazzareth,

After many hours flying the Citation X V2, I recently purchased the CJ1+ V2 and really enjoy it. I wish I would've bought it sooner. The sounds, systems, FMC, and exterior are very nicely done!

Chris

Chris Bremmer

Our thanks Chris! Glad to see you are enjoying her. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Great discussion here. I am with Ron (Hope you are doing well Ron!), buy both :rolleyes:. A couple days ago, Jim and the dev team updated our Mustang and 182 to work with Windows 8 and both now include Navdatapro support.

Epic!!!! Just updated it now and seeing those lovely screens alive!

With that I and the fact both are supported by Navigraph would say no question, get both as they are totally different aircraft, flip a coin to see which one you get first.

After many hours flying the Citation X V2, I recently purchased the CJ1+ V2 and really enjoy it. I wish I would've bought it sooner. The sounds, systems, FMC, and exterior are very nicely done!

Purchased, then refunded :-(

Not sure what happened with the VC, the annunciator is a completely illegible and the 2d popups seem to come from the previous version as well .. .. considering it came out post CX I am very surprised. Didn't get round to learning the FMC after that .. ..

Shame because it seems to have a great flight model, but at that cost it needed to be much better to be a keeper.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron