Sign in to follow this  
dewback

Flight1 Citation or Eagle Citation X Extreme 2

Strange but true. There is a video driver anomoly on some machines which does not react well with the CJ1+ 2.0. So far we've seen folks have success with driver rollbacks. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Strange but true. There is a video driver anomoly on some machines which does not react well with the CJ1+ 2.0. So far we've seen folks have success with driver rollbacks. B)

I did wonder if it was my machine - so I loaded the gauge into FSPanelStudio and the bitmaps are completely illegible there as well. Can't see any improvement over the v1 bitmaps.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Posted Today, 07:25 AM

N400QW, on 16 February 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

Strange but true. There is a video driver anomoly on some machines which does not react well with the CJ1+ 2.0. So far we've seen folks have success with driver rollbacks.

I did wonder if it was my machine - so I loaded the gauge into FSPanelStudio and the bitmaps are completely illegible there as well. Can't see any improvement over the v1 bitmaps.

Those darn video driver anomolies are at it again. I hate it when it does that. It looks a little out of place on my rig also.

Maybe you can run that subpanel through the Maaco Discount Paint Shop and have it looking better than new again. I understand they now have a 'Spot Painting' special fo keep your late model panel looking nice and clean. It helps to hold up the value of your investment.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

the bitmaps are completely illegible there as well. Can't see any improvement over the v1 bitmaps.

Unsure of your reference since the Proline 21 is GDi+ not bmp based as was CJ1, but at any rate you are at least made whole economically with the refund option. B)

Maaco Discount Paint Shop and have it looking better than new again

Ray, run either 1280X960 or 1680X1050. Other resolutions may cause problems. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Unsure of your reference since the Proline 21 is GDi+ not bmp based as was CJ1, but at any rate you are at least made whole economically with the refund option. B)

Ray, run either 1280X960 or 1680X1050. Other resolutions may cause problems. B)

Thanks Ron, I will give those resolutions a try. I am using 1920 x 1200 now.

Ray

Ray, run either 1280X960 or 1680X1050. Other resolutions may cause problems.

Thanks Ron, I will give those resolutions a try. I am using 1920 x 1200 now.

Nope, those 'lesser' resolutions just made everything else appear less sharp. It looks to me like a gremlin snuck in and stole the good one - the small subpanel between the pilot's yoke - and left behind something less than desirable as a bad joke of some kind. It is a real shame because I hardly ever even use that panel when flying the plane, but it is a distraction.

Thanks for the suggestion. Got another one?

Ray

Perhaps my terminology is inaccurate, this may help - screen capture from FS Panel Studio:

CJ1-v2-AnnSample_zpscb9d6490.jpg

I would love to tell you what annunciator it is, but I can't read it !!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

These have popped up with some customers when switching from interior to exterior view and then back. Good news is that the guys over at Nvidia seem to be working on it. I have had a couple inquires from one of their techs directly and they are looking at the issue. I was impressed with them trying to resolve these anomolies, especially for FSX on these newer cards.

Jeff Smith
Sales / Product Support
Flight One Software
'Like' Us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter / My Blog - Being Reorganized

These have popped up with some customers when switching from interior to exterior view and then back. Good news is that the guys over at Nvidia seem to be working on it. I have had a couple inquires from one of their techs directly and they are looking at the issue. I was impressed with them trying to resolve these anomolies, especially for FSX on these newer cards.

Thanks for that info, Jeff. That is the best news I've heard in a while. I was hoping nVidia was not going to ignore FSX customers forever.

Ray

I suspect that flight simmers are amongst those that still go for the high end gear and that's why we still get a look in.

I suspect that flight simmers are amongst those that still go for the high end gear and that's why we still get a look in.

I keep hearing the FSX user base is so small that nVidia rounds the total down to ZERO.

Ray

If I remember correctly was there a post somewhere on how to set up your Citation X throttles in the .ini file. I tried looking on the ES forum but for some reason I'm unable to log in anymore.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I think you may be referring to a change to the FSUIPC ini file. If so, you may find changing the the entry AxesWrongRange=No to AxesWrongRange=Yes. This was a conflict with FSUIPC NOT a file in the CX aircraft.

WAT1460.png

I keep hearing the FSX user base is so small that nVidia rounds the total down to ZERO.

Ray

Wow. Maybe that has more to do with the fact that there are no armies, wizards, and zombies in it.