Sign in to follow this  
dewback

Flight1 Citation or Eagle Citation X Extreme 2

I wonder if Ron has a team squirreled away working on this one already? I sure hope they can complete it in a year or before Cessna changes the name again.

Ray

Ray, it would be wonderful if only it were possible. FSX simply would not support the new Garmin displays at all. To have something even close would require a truly massive development effort by first creating the backend gauge system outside of FSX entirely (similar to the RXP/Garmin Trainer approach), and even then having the SVS would be if not impossible, highly improbable to implement.

Technical difficulties aside, the development costs involved would put the price way out of reach for even the most wealthy of simmers... :Shocked:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ray, it would be wonderful if only it were possible. FSX simply would not support the new Garmin displays at all. To have something even close would require a truly massive development effort by first creating the backend gauge system outside of FSX entirely (similar to the RXP/Garmin Trainer approach), and even then having the SVS would be if not impossible, highly improbable to implement.

Are they that much different than the G1000?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Technical difficulties aside, the development costs involved would put the price way out of reach for even the most wealthy of simmers... :Shocked:

Maybe just the basic layout with the large and small screens and the new switch locations would be a start.

I guess we are going to have to find something to replicate the newer advances in cockpit design if we want to see something similar to the rw in FSX. I wonder if someone is working on the Cessna Corvalis TTx - it has a bunch of touch screens in it. The iPad and iPhone work great for touch screens with FSX.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Are they that much different than the G1000?

Oh my, yes they are! There's a huge world of difference in their capabilities. We currently cannot even replicate all of the G1000's feature set. Not even Flight1's "Professional" version is totally feature complete...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The G1000 that we see in FSX, including the Flight1 model, has lots of big holes in it compared to the real world versions. Yep, lots of improvements in the G2000, G3000 and G5000 editions when compared to the 6 year old G1000.

Ray

All the new Cessna models have a mix of the same or very similar new Garmin panels. The M2, the New X, the Corvalis TTx all have much the same stuff, just smaller or larger amounts of it.

I was looking at some detailed descriptions of the full G1000 systems that are installed in the Cirrus SR22 GTS models and the list of what FSX does not have is longer than the list of what FSX has in the only good model that we have. (Flight1 Mustang with the G700 keypad). There are tons of slightly used very loaded SR22s out there.

Ray

Oh my, yes they are! There's a huge world of difference in their capabilities. We currently cannot even replicate all of the G1000's feature set. Not even Flight1's "Professional" version is totally feature complete...

I've got the Mustang so I'm aware of, at least, some of the holes. So, you're saying that, unless someone develops a whole external project for the Garmins then we can say goodbye to all of these Cessna jets (and, tengentially others) in FSX.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Not necessarily. It is just that a few of the real world things will never be practical in FSX anyway but the LPV approaches and reading, modifying, and saving FSX Flight plans is very workable and practical. It would not surprise me if a 'new' developer brought out an add on G1000 or G2000 for FSX. It could use the ipad and iphone or knockoffs for the touch pads and be a lot more functional and be installed kinda like the Reality XP units are nowadays.

I have one of the low end personal jets that has a crippled G1000 and I just replaced the MFD with my Reality XP 530 sized to the MFD slot and made their MDF a popup window to check the engine gauges and such. With this one I get the high performance, altitude and speed and can make LPV approaches and have the newer databases. The Reality XP never looked go good.

I also have several new gauges that use the iPad and iPhone and they are super.

Ray

Not necessarily. It is just that a few of the real world things will never be practical in FSX anyway but the LPV approaches and reading, modifying, and saving FSX Flight plans is very workable and practical. It would not surprise me if a 'new' developer brought out an add on G1000 or G2000 for FSX. It could use the ipad and iphone or knockoffs for the touch pads and be a lot more functional and be installed kinda like the Reality XP units are nowadays

That makes sense. The Mustang doesn't have VNAV (amongst other things) and, of course, I wish it did, but it's certainly complete enough to enjoy flying. The performance of the plane is solid, the VC is great down to the click of the switches. Yeah, it'll get passed, standing still, by the X and can't carry diddly for cargo but it's fun.

Gregg Seipp

F1 and others have accomplished much with their G1000 FS offerings and we appreciate the fact that folks wish to have real world features and functions in a simulated environment. Real world professional training packages of the G1000 exist which are designed for professional training using FS Type environments such as FSX and P3D.Those do not deliver the full feature set of their real world counterparts and we often wonder why simmers expect that they will be able to purchase a near full featured entertainment simulator version at entertainment version costs. If we were to embark on such a course it would likely be priced far out of entertainment market norms. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Those do not deliver the full feature set of their real world counterparts and we often wonder why simmers expect that they will be able to purchase a near full featured entertainment simulator version at entertainment version costs.

Yeah, I, personally, doubt that most people would use a great deal of the functionality anyway...except when they were looking for a reason to complain.

Gregg Seipp

F1 and others have accomplished much with their G1000 FS offerings and we appreciate the fact that folks wish to have real world features and functions in a simulated environment. Real world professional training packages of the G1000 exist which are designed for professional training using FS Type environments such as FSX and P3D.Those do not deliver the full feature set of their real world counterparts and we often wonder why simmers expect that they will be able to purchase a near full featured entertainment simulator version at entertainment version costs. If we were to embark on such a course it would likely be priced out of entertainment market norms. B)

Exactly. I completed the real world training class on the G1000 for the Mustang just before Christmas at Flight Safety International and it really hits home on what is real and what is not real. As for the price, the basic cost of the two-day training class is about 10x what a top of the line high-end FSX addon costs. The G1000 installation and a few extra boxes in the real Mustang cost more than my first house.

Ray

The Reality XP model does however lend itself to having one back end system interfacing to many sims via a stub i.e. FSX/P3d?X Plane etc Ideally it would be good to run it as a process on a networked machine as a bonus.....

Back to Mustang vs Citation X, after two flights in the X am starting to get to know it a bit more and once you get to start to know its differences you'll like it. Whoever decided to put the taxi and landing lights near the throttles instead of next to the other external lights should be shot!!!!

It's an awesome aircraft and an awesome simulation of the aircraft, glad I bought it.

Not to mention the design of the course and heading selector down below the landing lights. I guess it makes sense so the pilots can keep their hands near the throttles though. But for us simmers it's difficult.