Sign in to follow this  
imn2sims

Apple or Android, what do you use?

Apple or Android for FSX apps  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you use or would like to see more apps dveloped for FSX?

I have an iPhone 4, with AT&T. I am due for an upgrade, but I'm waiting until later this year to see what will come up from companies. I used to use my iPhone for charts. The Adobe Reader app is great and so is iBooks.

When you are first to market (iPad) you typically get the most apps...

Actually, when you think about it, the Microsoft Tablet-PC in 2004 was the very first tablet, however, no one cared so it didn't sell well. However, now, with the iPad, everyone wants one because of its looks, design, simplicity, when in fact, the Tablet-PC could do much more. I like the Surface, which seems like Microsoft's second attempt. But the problem is that it has Windows 8. That's another debate. :P

Android, because better features and not overpriced.

I love the word "overpriced". A Samsung Galaxy S3 for T-Mobile costs $50 less than the iPhone 5.; $199.

A major factor in deciding which phone to get might also be the carrier; the GS3 is available in more carriers than the iPhone, so depending on your region, that may be an advantage.

Me its android. Took me months to get my Samsung tablet, only got it because it has an APP for FSX thouigh apple has more. I may be silly but I by what I want so taht I can do what I want with it, and I hate being tied to someones apron. Its bad enough that you have to register with this or that just to get updates. Apple may be better but I prefer to be different. Actually my son just replaced his Iphone with an Samsung Android.

There are really more camps than Android and Apple...

So I cannot vote :mellow:

Windows on board

One thing that annoys me about Apple is how they release things out of nowhere, like I go ahead and purchase an iPhone 5, then the iPhone 5s releases out of nowhere. (Yes, there actually is one coming out soon)

One other thing I like about my Toshiba Thrive is that it has a user replaceable battery... just pop the back cover off and the battery clips into its receptacle.

Sure, it's twice the thickness and heavier than most tablets out there, and it's been replaced with the Excite series in Toshiba's line. But, with the built in features (SD card slot, full size USB, HDMI and Mini USB ports) the Thrive has, it works great for me!

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Neither. I have a "dumb" phone that I actually talk to people on. And I am proud of it!

I voted for Android.

I'm already using an Android 4.0 10" Chineese tablet as a CDU for my IFly 737NG via CDU App.

Mauro

OK, I'm gonna pop back in and remind everyone this thread in NOT about why you think Android or Apple is the better choice.  This disscussion ALWAYS ends badly and I don't want this locked for that reason.

Soooo....please just vote and maybe comment on what apps you have or would like to see for FSX.  We all have our own reasons for choosing what we have so lets just forget about that aspect.......after all this forum is about FSX not phones or tablets.  Still I do appreciate all that have taken time to participate so far.  BTW it looks like Android is still the most used but Apple looks to be catching up some :Nail Biting:

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

One thing that annoys me about Apple is how they release things out of nowhere, like I go ahead and purchase an iPhone 5, then the iPhone 5s releases out of nowhere. (Yes, there actually is one coming out soon)

That's why anyone that knows about technology won't buy a iPhone/iPod now... In July they're more than likely (according to their product release cycles) to announce the new iPhone 5S/6, and of course, competitors will follow with the Galaxy S IV, probably.

Wp8

Was tired of trying to put different brand talking together and choose ms ecosystem.

W8 wp8 outlook.com and exchange it just works.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_portugal_431 using Board Express

Yup, thank God there isn't a new Android phone released every other week and phones still running Froyo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Went from an iPad 2 to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 for a while, and now back to an iPad Mini.

The Android environment is getting more mature and is certainly more "tweakable" for those who enjoy that, but if you just want a stable no-fuss tablet you can't beat an iPad (sorry). Battery life is also a lot better than the Samsung.

The other annoying thing is that Samsung have so many different models, that relatively recent ones like the 7.7 are dropped very quickly from their Android OS development. This means my 7.7 was stuck at 4.04 ICS with no hope to move to 4.1 JB+. Very annoying. At least iOS 6.x works with all iPads except the original simply because it's hardware is just getting too old.

Wp8

Was tired of trying to put different brand talking together and choose ms ecosystem.

W8 wp8 outlook.com and exchange it just works.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_portugal_431 using Board Express

I hope the Windows 8 OS for phones and tablets are going to become a success. I will definitely support them.

That doesn't make any sense. Why compare the Android flagship (still cheaper btw for more features!) and ignore the legion of significantly cheaper android tablets and phones that have equivalent features of Iphone/Ipad? What about Droids - even cheaper but arguably even better than Iphone/S3?

Fox-Bat, on 06 Mar 2013 - 11:06, said:

Android, because better features and not overpriced.

I love the word "overpriced". A Samsung Galaxy S3 for T-Mobile costs $50 less than the iPhone 5.; $199.

To others who like saying Apple because it just works! As opposed to what? Win7 or Android or Win Phone or PalmOS or Blackberry? Lol! all of which presumably don't work.

If you like the Apple aesthetics and want to pay for it fine, but why slag other 'working' systems - with a lot more richer feature set.