Sign in to follow this  
moekarout

Release Date Contest

Release it soon sir rsr. In 10 days Ian not able to play fsx to the extent that I'm playing now. I'm waiting from May4 onwards hearing your words saying"few weeks". It is always cool even if it was delayed. Has any flaws or any additional software you are going to include is causing delay?

They will release it when its done. These guesses of months are sour grapes trying to get a reaction/update. Those of you that check the forum daily for updates and then saying you might not get it are looking for the same reaction/update. I would love to have a update but it won't bring the release any quicker. I actually think the silence is because they are so close that they are spending all their time on getting a release candidate ready. Who knows but in the end you will all purchase it regardless of when it's released.

Richie Walsh

well yes in basic aside from the price it´s also a factor ofcause that counts..

Best regards Lars N.

Don't worry Chris, I will find a way... ;-). This thread's a bit of a giggle anyway. Everyone knows the people claiming indignantly that they won't buy it over some perceived slight against them (be it price, release date or lack of on demand updates) will be somewhere near the front of the queue the day it's out...

its very obvious the down ramping of release info means its going to be 12-16 months away. Seriously they would be pumping the 777 round the clock if it were even remotely close. I dont have a problem with it , just a stretched 737 with a drab brown VC.

Bring on 747v2! which will be released before the 777

Then you haven't spent much time behind the scenes on real 777's, that jet and the A350 will lead to the ultimate demise of the quad jets (748i barely has any orders and Airbus hasn't gotten an A380 order for months IIRC).

Release date contest...

Yeah...

I'm SO winning this.  :ph34r:

Winning means the end of a phase, a battle, a race, or any competition :lol: , seems we are few meters behind the finish line,  :rolleyes:,and I hope it is as fast as an F1 race  :P   :ph34r:..

Winning means the end of a phase, a battle, a race, or any competition :lol: , seems we are few meters behind the finish line,  :rolleyes:,and I hope it is as fast as an F1 race  :P   :ph34r:..

Someone's in the act of winning... a snail race?!?   :rolleyes:

So Rob says he's "SO winning this" and inadvertently gives us 2 major clues! By saying he's so winning he's says that no-one has guessed the right date yet. That means none of the dates mentioned are correct, but it also means he knows the actual date. That makes it a simple task to extrapolate the answer based on earlier suggestions.

There are some obvious wrong answers since they're in the past like:

- UK Mother's day, US Mother's day. Maybe a T7 isn't what every mother wants for Mother's day?

- The guy who mentioned 18MAR because he read it on Wikipedia was probably the unluckiest guy in history when he found the only mistake on the entire site.

- A few people suggested a FANCON release, but others wisely noted that if it was released at FANCON then everyone would be going home and thus ending FANCON prematurely.

- "May the 4th...be with you"

- Then you had the "conspiracy theory" concerning Air Canada's 6 planes, Delta being the 4th letter of the alphabet etc. Nice try, but no cigar.

- On 24MAR someone said "In 5 weeks" and that it would coast $29 and a box of glazed donuts. I'm glad this didn't happen. Who would work on service packs and customer support when the entire PMDG team died of overweight, diabetes and cardiac arrest?!

- And so on...

Even though they're wrong it still makes a lot of sense to use these suggestions in my extrapolation. I'm using a polynomial function to the 9th degree so past dates are still very useful. Also someone had a MASSIVE GUT FEELING that it would be 31MAY. I've weighted that guess more than most of the others.

A lot of people have tried to cover their bases with August, September, Q2, Q3, this year, early next year. Those guesses don't count of course, but allow for further adjustments in my polynomial function.

"The second I buy something else to pass the time" doesn't really help much due to "Human factor".

Someone suggested that it's always Mother's day somewhere. That isn't actually true, but there are a lot of them. Guessing a range disqualifies them from the contest, but Rob has obviously taken the time to check the dates of the Costa Rican Mother's day (15JUN), Thailand (9AUG), Luxembourg (9JUN2013/29JUN2014) and about 7-8 others still to go this year. Otherwise he would have said that someone had guessed the right date, but were disqualified for suggesting more than one. Even more dates for my extrapolation, though!

Then you have the specific dates that Rob indirectly says are wrong:

- "At least 1,5 more month with this Engine thingy" posted on 14MAY

- 06JUN

- 07JUN

- 10JUN

- 12JUN

- 20JUN

- 22JUN

- 30JUN

- 4JUL

- 5JUL

- 7JUL

- 10AUG

- 20NOV

- 17DEC

Someone also suggested "before 17SEP" so they wouldn't have to choose between the T7 and GTA V, though another person wisely stated that GTA V would be great in-flight entertainment.

"September to spite me when I'm on holiday" might actually motivate PMDG to postpone until then. I'm pretty sure the people saying that they won't have time or money if PMDG wait more than 10-14 days will be heard, so it won't be released in the next 10-14 days either.

Even though PMDG will want to cater the pessimists, they'll want to prove the guy wrong who said that the down-ramping of release info meant it was 12-16 months away. Yet antother useful hint!

By now the answer is so obvious that I'm not even going to post it. Just send me my prize and I'll be on my way.

Are you sure you haven't just lost your mind?

;)

What about those real-world 777 release dates? That would be cool

Cheers,

Julian Roschlau

Are you sure you haven't just lost your mind?

;)

Not at all. Waiting is messing with my head ;)

Release date contest...

Yeah...

I'm SO winning this.  :ph34r:

A-HA!!!.......So he DOES know the release date.......sneaky ######!!  :lol: