Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

any new airliner add-on coming for FS9?

I should have clarified that my post wasn't aimed at you directly (your previous post was just the trigger), but you took it better than I expected. Sorry nonetheless. :)

?????

What an epic fail

I see a sense of humour on vacation...

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I should have clarified that my post wasn't aimed at you directly (your previous post was just the trigger), but you took it better than I expected. Sorry nonetheless. :)

No worries, Björn: I felt like the trigger, not like your victim, anyway.

Actually you were kind of emphasizing my point: addicts seldom care about producing drugs; for them it's all about consuming them.

Sometimes I wonder what the late, great David "Opa" Marshall and Leon Louis, amongst others, would make of this thread and others of similar nature.

They were contributors whose efforts enriched our hobby. Now, it seems, many posters are more intent on increasing post counts, trolling, ego massaging etc.rather than on flying, learning and helping others.

I'm afraid you might have just lost me. :wacko:

I agree it's quite sad :(

so, after a few days of posting, nothing has emerged from this thread.

Too bad. While iFly is certainly the only future of FS9 in this field, for some personal reasons and tastes, I can't get to enjoy the 737 the way it is now. And it is no longer developed...

So i am desperately waiting for something new...

I will have to wait for P3D 64bits I guess.

Ghiom

Too bad. While iFly is certainly the only future of FS9 in this field, for some personal reasons and tastes, I can't get to enjoy the 737 the way it is now. And it is no longer developed...

Ghiom

No need to wait to 2016. The software that P3D is based on is available at many locations. Then you can have many new add-on planes right now.

Ghiom

I'm happy with what I have now.  I'm sure you haven't tried every plane that's available for FS9, not even half...

I just downloaded Mumbai and bought an updated version of MMPR, life is good... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I agree with the post above that says if you haven't tried all the addon aircraft that are already available for FS9, then you can still have a "new" aircraft. For what it's worth here's my list - in order of 1960's to 2013

David Maltby - Comet IV, Trident, BAC 111. All freeware but payware quality

Rick Piper - HS748, Again freeware but payware quality

CS 707 (not brilliant but still fun)

DF727 - arguably the best FS9 addon ever, or at least equal to the best

Project Tupelov TU 154. (I don't have it but those who do love it)

QW ARJ/BAe 146

Mad-Dog MD80

PMDG 747-400

PMDG MD-11

LevelD 767 (With new VC textures, still hard to beat)

Flight1 ATR

FeelThere ERJ170/175/190

iFly 737

You have the full gamut of classic jets and turboprops, contemporary regional jets and turboprops, heavy iron. Other than a really good 777 what's missing? (Yeah, I know - 787 but frankly, that aircraft is so automated that even flying it in the RW is probably boring)... You have analogue instrument panels, through the transition to glass, all the way to full glass cockpits. You have the opportunity to learn navaid pilotage, early inertial navigation systems and all the way up to 737NG. You can program system failures in many of these addons. All of them have varying degrees of systems modelling including full system modelling indistinguishable from the RW aircraft. Each one poses you with unique challenges.

Then there's a huge list of military aircraft and GA aircraft, payware and freeware, big (C17, C130) and small, and you have more aircraft than anyone with an IQ below 180 could ever remember how to fly properly and manage their systems. And then there is the completely different challenge of flying helicopters, again with a nice selection of both freeware and payware of varying eras, size and complexity.

So to me, a new addon aircraft for FS9 would be nice. But as I said in an earlier post, if I never add another aircraft I would still never master the ones I have in ten years...

So cheer up guys... If your credit card is burning your pocket, buy the newly released FS9 Thai Creations Mumbai - it is superb. Get in one of the aircraft above you haven't tried yet and do a flight to Fly Tampa's incredible Dubai Rebooted. LIFE IS GOOD!

Cheers

Ian

Actually FS9 has a complete working B777 - much to the envy of all FSX-ers ...

What about that Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100? It's for FS9, too!

Hi Oliver,

Which 777 are you referring to?  There is Wilco and PSS.  I'm still undecided as to which one to get when I'm ready to buy a 777.  Maybe both?

As for the Fokker 70/100, is this the one released by Flight1?  I wish they would make a VC for it.  2d panels is the reason why I haven't tried it.

Hi Oliver,

Which 777 are you referring to?  There is Wilco and PSS.  I'm still undecided as to which one to get when I'm ready to buy a 777.  Maybe both?

My advice is to get the PSS one:

http://www.justflight.com/product/777-professional-boxed

20071010123443WQHUO-P.jpg

There's some updated textures and tweaks for its VC that make it really good. Full details in this thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/336201-pss-777-new-vc-textures/

I agree with the post above that says if you haven't tried all the addon aircraft that are already available for FS9, then you can still have a "new" aircraft. For what it's worth here's my list - in order of 1960's to 2013

David Maltby - Comet IV, Trident, BAC 111. All freeware but payware quality

Ian

you missed his VC10 from your list!! With the updates and voicechecklist etc etc available on avsim it puts that a/c very much in the FSX league!

I didn't mention them as recommodations, but just to "complete" a list of ... say, favourable addons.

With 777, I had PSS on my mind. The Wilco 777 is really sub-par. The PSS has outdated graphics, no widescreen support, only medium system-depth - apart from that it mimics the flightdeck and the operations (flows) pretty well. It's been on sale occasionally for half its nominal price (25,50 Euros - this is the nominal one ;-) )

The DA Fokker is published by F1, correct. The VC has been missing from the start (clearly stated) and rumours it would be delivered one day have nearly ceased. (I wouldn't bet they will ever come.)

You can go for the PSS 777 when it's 13 Euros again (or even for 20) - why not?

The F70/100 is a great plane (completely different from Boeing and Airbus) and it's simulated in depth (no failure mode, though). If you're completely in VC, it's not for you - even for a 2D "dinosaur" like me it's strenuous to work those big windows popping up and the panel switching spots are rather small. The cockpit experience is quite rewarding (EFIS and flight dynamics) but I wouldn't talk a VC simmer into it.

My advice is to get the PSS one:

http://www.justflight.com/product/777-professional-boxed

There's some updated textures and tweaks for its VC that make it really good. Full details in this thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/336201-pss-777-new-vc-textures/

As this is the 2nd recommendation for the PSS and since momtchil posted the boxed offer here, I'd like to add a heads-up to the 2 servicepacks available for download from the support section of JF. Boxed version 1.0 is flyable but a number of fixes and tweaks followed it - including an enhancement for the TCAS resolution advisories.

Edited by firehawk44

For FS9 there really are so many excellent aircraft to try, it would take a long time to list them all. Go out there and explore - see what you like best!

.........With 777, I had PSS on my mind. The Wilco 777 is really sub-par. The PSS has outdated graphics, no widescreen support, only medium system-depth - apart from that it mimics the flightdeck and the operations (flows) pretty well. It's been on sale occasionally for half its nominal price (25,50 Euros - this is the nominal one ;-) )

Actually the PSS 777 has really good system depth - nearly all systems are simulated and pretty accurately too. The external model is not perfect but I'm ok with it. 

Many have done merges with the POSKY model, but I haven't felt the need to do that.

I still enjoy flying the PSS 777 with the new VC textures (biggrin.gif that is, when I can drag myself away from the PT Tu-154).

As this is the 2nd recommendation for the PSS and since momtchil posted the boxed offer here, I'd like to add a heads-up to the 2 servicepacks available for download from the support section of JF. Boxed version 1.0 is flyable but a number of fixes and tweaks followed it - including an enhancement for the TCAS resolution advisories.

I brought that boxed version years ago so I'm biased towards it biggrin.gif!

Yup - updates for it available here: http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/777-professional

Alternatively here's the download version (with all the updates included):

http://www.justflight.com/product/777-professional-download