Sign in to follow this  
HansRoaming

Level D 767 - would you still rate it in 2013?

I've posted on the level D forums asking if they would consider a VC update in much the same way that Eaglesoft did with their Citation X as from what I gather the VC is the only sticking point on this aircraft for many.

Well we have had some delays due to personal serious rlw matters (development time feels almost like light years lol)

but our 757 is the first to release and will have all the nice 2013 stuff and more and to be the most complete 757 simulation ever for desktop simulation ;-)

Amazing the amount of development hours are already put into this one...

The 767 well the bird is very special so time will tell :-)

André

Edit - Sorry André, forgot you are on the Level-D team. Good luck with the project.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Thank you for your reply Andre and I look forward to your 757 and also an updated 767 too if you decide to do it.

I have the LDS763. Excellent avioncs modelling and fidelity. Horrible grafix. It was good back in the day, say 2006-2010. But its day has passed.

The grafix by today's standards are hideous and no longer will suspend your disbelief, a sure immersion killer, even with the "VC upgrade" hack. Save your cash for the (pending) new PMDG 777 if you want a good hardcore heavy jet.

Thank you everyone for your comments although it seems that the current version won't run under Windows 8 so that is a stopper for me.

BTW what possessed you to get into W8?  IMHO no serious simmer should be using that OS.  W7/64 is the cat's meow.

spacer.png

Never mind those nasty words from Nuno - he's still impressed with the AAX 320/321 VC in which he's just performed a few test flights ...   :P

No matter who it might hurt, i always stress out the truth in my opinions. That's why i receive some critics from time to time from more sensitive people :D :D

[offtopic] The VC on the Airbus is indeed spectacular, but the colours in the displays could use a bit less contrast. [/offtopic]

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I think this is the first time in years we heard directly from a developer from lvl-d on the 757. Can you please share anymore? Of course the conspiracy folks will take note that you said 2013 stuff and not 2014 stuff.....:lol:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

No matter who it might hurt, i always stress out the truth in my opinions. That's why i receive some critics from time to time from more sensitive people :D :D

[offtopic] The VC on the Airbus is indeed spectacular, but the colours in the displays could use a bit less contrast. [/offtopic]

Sorry, English is not my native language: Is it 'from more sensitive people' or rather 'from more sensible people', lol?   B)

[offtopic] AAX hotfix 14 (on top of v1.1) seems to address NavDataPro-related issues better than NaviGraph-related ones. [/offtopic]   :wink:

I think this is the first time in years we heard directly from a developer from lvl-d on the 757. Can you please share anymore? Of course the conspiracy folks will take note that you said 2013 stuff and not 2014 stuff..... :lol:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Well Eric it's time after all those rlw hurdles to put this one into the virtual skies

should have been years earlier, but well real life sucks some times...

Only advantage is we will be up to date with all latest stuff.

We are here for the passion of aviation and sharing that with people who like what we do ;-)

Cheers,

Edit - Sorry André, forgot you are on the Level-D team. Good luck with the project.

Thanks Andrew and no problem was a customer and fellow simmer too regarding the 767, joined LDS in 2008...

André

Sorry, English is not my native language: Is it 'from more sensitive people' or rather 'from more sensible people', lol?

From what I remember Eng. "sensible" = Ger. "vernünftig", while sensitive is the translation of the German word "sensibel" B) . 

Sorry for being off-topic.

No idea, i'm not a native english speaker also :)

The 767 well the bird is very special so time will tell :-)

I would definitely give this a spin. The 767 is one of my favourite heavies (namely the 762) and i have to keep up with CS's not so reliable version.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

From what I remember Eng. "sensible" = Ger. "vernünftig", while sensitive is the translation of the German word "sensibel" B) . 

Sorry for being off-topic.

That's why nobody can tell whether I'm trying to be facetious or whether I just don't know the English language well enough - sorry, OT, too ...

It's like stepping into your favourite pair of old shoes.  You just know you're going to feel comfortable.

Unsurpassed for its age.

Uninstalled it soon after NGX came out and destroyed everything in the market.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |