Sign in to follow this  
SVA1181

Aircrafts to be retired after the 777?

Hi all,

I won't be retiring any aircraft from my hanger when the 777 comes out. I have such a mixed bag from commercial jets 737, 747, 757, MD11, BAE 146, to props and turboprops JS41, BN2 islander, Majestic Dash 8, Caranado C172, C208 and C340, A2A spit, P51, B17 and Stratocruiser, then there is the Twotter, Catalina and DC2 and others, and I love flying them all.

It's great to load up fsx with real weather and just fly somewhere, sometimes just  a spin round the local airport or field, sometimes an airliner route or just flying VFR for the fun of it. There is always somewhere to go and in a different plane each time, brilliant.

Especially after buying all the add-ons we collect over the years I think each one deserves a spot in the hanger, which I have to admit has needed a few extensions recently!

Ok so the original question was what aircraft would you delete when the 777 comes out. I would have to say the PMDG 747 is the one I use least  but I won't delete it, but  somehow it gets used least as the MD11 is my go to long haul aircraft  and is just so good.

Still looking forward to the 777 though.

Happy flying.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

I would say that the 747 will be retired when the 777 comes out, well until the v2 come out :P. personally I will still fly the NGX as I am busy during the week and long haul flights with the 777 and 747 v2 (when it Is released) at the weekends!!

the upcoming -900ER in SP2,

Lolwut?

SP2 is just a bug fix release as well as incorporating some improvements born from the 777. The ER/BBJ releases will be add-on packs, same as the 600/700 pack.

Your wrong. RSR stated a few months ago that the ER's would be released with the SP2.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

B777ER, on 15 May 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

Your wrong. RSR stated a few months ago that the ER's would be released with the SP2.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

See these from Rob:

Gents-

A few folks asked about further updates for the NGX:

I mentioned in a reply a bit further up the thread that the NGX SP2 will land shortly after the PMDG 777 releases. (Scroll up to page two someplace and you'll see more of what I said on the topic.)

On the NGX- another fellow asked about further expansion packs for the NGX: They are still planned, but don't have firm datelines. (One of them is nearly finished, but will need SP2... hence it waits.)

and

The NGX will get an update right around the same time we release the 777 in order to add some functionality to the product, the SDK side of the product and keep it in commonality with the 777. That update will not involve new models- just to be clear. The new models will come later!

You're wrong, I'm afraid.

The level d 767 finally got wheeled out to the slaughter house last week.

She was on her last legs and while she provided many great entertaining hours of enjoyment, it was time to put her down.

The 777 will be filling that role.

NGX retains transcontinental med-long trips, the maddog md82 for regionals, and the JS41 for express flights.

I just recently started messing with the aerosoft airbus x (formally extended...they really need a new name) and got a left hand joystick to go with it.

This combo has been extremely fun but the plane still has bugs.

The NGX will still see plenty of use and my A2A civilian mustang will always be around for GA hops.

Current Fleet LEG2, BE60, JS41, DH8D, B737, B738, MD82, MD11, B744

Future Fleet C172, LEG2, JS41, DH8D, B737, B738, MD82, (FSL) A320, MD11F, B77L, B77W, B772, (new) B744

Fleet I'd want if I was really rich and made my own full sized accurate fixed base or full motion sims. DH8D, A330, Software/throttle changeover system to make the A330 an A320 (days work to do changeover is fine, leave extra fuel tank buttons and AIRDU stuff in situ).

That said, once the 777 is in, I suspect my Vatsim Cross the Pond flyins will turn into a 777 affair unless I get a WorldFlight 744 sim ride... the poor MD11 won't get a look in.

I will be letting the 747 and MD-11 go unfortunately. The 747 will make some surprise appearances here and there, but the 777 will be the work horse for both cargo and passenger operations. Considering I have already phased out my 757 with the arrival of the 737-900ER, the future is looking like a predominantly 737 and 777 fleet.  

Does anybody else do a retirement flight to KVCV victorville before a add-on is deleted. I did that with several retired add-ons ( level-d 767, IFLY 737 and a few others)

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Does anybody else do a retirement flight to KVCV victorville before a add-on is deleted. I did that with several retired add-ons ( level-d 767, IFLY 737 and a few others)

I dragged mine out of whatever airfield hanger they were at and shot them.

I dragged mine out of whatever airfield hanger they were at and shot them.

KLM's PH-KCG (M11-Maria Callas) had to return to Amsterdam on a flight to VCV just over a month ago. Just so you know, it may take a couple times to make sure it's down...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The NGX is about the only thing I fly (unless I'm checking out a new scenery/airport in the kite). I've never devoted the time necessary to properly learn the JS41. The only real aircraft I've been in the past 10 years are the 737 and 777 and I'm drawn to those. I'll spend an OCD amount of time with the T7 after it's released on DDMMMYY and fly a route with the NG when I need a break. I've no idea what the ratio will be after that. But I keep telling myself that I'll do the JS41 justice someday.

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0