Sign in to follow this  
Guest Id Rather Be Flying

New Flight Simulator

Longer term see google earth version of planes, trains, automobiles on a cloud server with good visuals like fsx had.  FSX will be king in 2020 doubt MSFS will make another flight sim.  Someone else will have to step up to the dugout and someone will in time. 

Longer term see google earth version of planes, trains, automobiles on a cloud server with good visuals like fsx had.  FSX will be king in 2020 doubt MSFS will make another flight sim.  Someone else will have to step up to the dugout and someone will in time. 

Therein lies the risk in so much of technology these days.  You put a huge amount of work into something then a new approach comes along and trumps what you've just built.  When ultra high-speed internet happens absolutely it will be cloud-based streaming terrain.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Therein lies the risk in so much of technology these days.  You put a huge amount of work into something then a new approach comes along and trumps what you've just built.  When ultra high-speed internet happens absolutely it will be cloud-based streaming terrain.

Agreed, just cost 20 times more too build high speed internet network in USA or Canada than it does in South Korea. Cloud flight sim online be nice just pay for virtual fuel to fly or drive where your want.  Do not even need subscription based for people to want to fly and land on nice airports or freeways you pay like similar to road toll.  Be free vectors and toll vectors for airways and highways. I know technical and legal hurdles are high I do see long term cloud based flight sim in 10 to 20 years.  Knowing Uncle Sam they probably subsidize before a private company was finished or take it over so they can milk it loss fuel tax revenue. 

Four people with full time jobs developing a simulator better than FSX in their spare time is realisti

Please,

Look I know im new around here and oh my you have so much exprience and years to back yourself up,  That being the case would would you please quote my whole sentence and not just manipulate the bit that suits your purpose so you can make me look stupid.

I said.

"Guy seems to have a realistic grip on current affiars in this field."

I did not suggest that the five of them would pull out a wonderfull creation from a hat to satisfy our needs, I would also point out that the origional OP never suggested the same so....

I didnt sign up to be berrated by some super duper "im an eggspert simmer" at every dam turn, if I had wanted to be put down for being posative, I would have stayed married.

I had thought we were all in this as equals but im clearly wrong, I see much more of this superior attitude im out lad.

please dont put yourself to the trouble of answering.

Regrads

Guss

Very well said (written) Guss!

Thanks for that.

though speaking out doesnt seem right for some as you can see,

Regards and thanks

Guss ^_^

I just took a look at Google Earth's flight simulator having not looked at it for several years.  Geez, it's pretty darn good in terms of performance and visuals.  I'm running it on a 2.4Ghz Mac Book Pro w/o dedicated graphics and it's smooth.  Maybe they will decide it's worth going for a full featured simulator.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I would be very interested.  Anything to just be able to fly instead of being a professional flight sim tweaker.  What I'd like to see is more realistic AI helicopter traffic if possible.  And I don't mean choppers taxing to a runway and taking off like an airplane.  Heli Traffic 2009 was a nice attempt, but Flight1 software does not work with P3D, so I can't use it anymore.  If AI auto and boat traffic is possible, why not helicopters?   X-Plane has AI railroad traffic.  That would be nice too, but maybe I'm asking for too much.

Well, speaking of someone with both the funds and resources Google sure fit that spot quite well...not sure though how interested they would be in diving into the flight simulator business but a cool thought nevertheless! Imagine if they would back up or even hire the OP :wink:

Four people with full time jobs developing a simulator better than FSX in their spare time is realisti

Please,

Look I know im new around here and oh my you have so much exprience and years to back yourself up,  That being the case would would you please quote my whole sentence and not just manipulate the bit that suits your purpose so you can make me look stupid.

I said.

I did not suggest that the five of them would pull out a wonderfull creation from a hat to satisfy our needs, I would also point out that the origional OP never suggested the same so....

I didnt sign up to be berrated by some super duper "im an eggspert simmer" at every dam turn, if I had wanted to be put down for being posative, I would have stayed married.

I had thought we were all in this as equals but im clearly wrong, I see much more of this superior attitude im out lad.

please dont put yourself to the trouble of answering.

Regrads

Guss

Very well said (written) Guss!

Thanks for that.

though speaking out doesnt seem right for some as you can see,

Regards and thanks

Guss ^_^

No, too often that is the case in here I'm afraid but I've learned to live with it :wink:

Don't let them get to you, I for one thinks it's great with positive thinking :smile:

Richard Åsberg

I had thought we were all in this as equals but im clearly wrong, I see much more of this superior attitude im out lad.

We are all equal, even though you seem  to think that you are more equal than others and that opinions different to yours shouldn't be posted.

The OP said

Do you have a team of developers or is it a one man show for now?

We currently have 4 team members with hopes that others will want to join in.

Is this a full-time project?

We all have full time jobs so no it's not a full-time project.

The fact remains that 4 people with full time jobs developing a simulator better than FSX in their spare time is not realistic even if "... others join it"  is not realistic.

FlightGear (an open-source cooperative project)  has taken 17 years to get to its current state, which is generally accepted not to be up to FSX standard.

The fact remains that 4 people with full time jobs developing a simulator better than FSX in their spare time is not realistic even if "... others join it" is not realistic.

Look at the 757 that is supposedly being developed by the same team that did the 767.....they have experience but also work full time.......still waiting after 6 years. That's 1 aircraft not an earth simulator. I don't think realistically we see anything from anywhere we aren't already aware of ie P3D

I want to believe this will happen as much as anyone, so I am carefully watching....... (And did prod the thread when it seemed moribund)

On the other hand the scenario does seem unlikely. (very)

Only time will tell, I guess.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

We are all equal, even though you seem  to think that you are more equal than others and that opinions different to yours shouldn't be posted.

The OP said

The fact remains that 4 people with full time jobs developing a simulator better than FSX in their spare time is not realistic even if "... others join it"  is not realistic.

FlightGear (an open-source cooperative project)  has taken 17 years to get to its current state, which is generally accepted not to be up to FSX standard.

Gerry,

With all due respect, you have every right to your opinion, I have no problem with your opinion being different to that of the OP's or mine.

I do have a seriouse problem with you taking one small part of what I had said, not even a full sentence, adding your little piece and making out that I said something entirely different, Dont kick me in the teeth just becuase I was adding some posative thoughts.

That said I must thank you for proving my origional statement to be valid, just shows how some will say anything to put someone else down.

Again just to clarify.

How difficiult is that ? The OP may well fail entirely, I think I said that in the first instance, but I still wish him well. Anyway this is of little consequence as  I wont post anymore, only if I should require any assistance in a particular sub forum.

Guss

I do have a seriouse problem with you taking one small part of what I had said, not even a full sentence, adding your little piece and making out that I said something entirely different, Dont kick me in the teeth just becuase I was adding some posative thoughts.

If you check my post (#239) you'll see I did quote your full sentence.

Why do you feel disagreeing with your opinion is "kicking you in the teeth"?

Can we please let this whole idea of how many members there are drop. Instead of criticizing the work, why not encourage it. That might be too hard for some but at least give it a shot.

Well, I for one, am very excited to hear about this development and am looking forward to more news.

Enthusiast and Developers:

Is it really that difficult to develop a new flight simulator? With so many bright developers out there I wonder why no one (or a team of several developers), come together and develop a new FS? Instead, they keep feeding an old, and broken flight simulator.

Can you imagine the amount of money the new developer would make? I once read Aerosoft was going to develop a new simulator- not sure what happened.