Sign in to follow this  
Guest Id Rather Be Flying

New Flight Simulator

It might have been better to keep quiet until you really had something to day.

I believe that they do have something beneficial to say, and I'm interested in knowing it.  

Even if the project never pans out, which I believe it surely will, I like to know that there are knowledgeable people trying to build a new simulator that will be compatible with FSX addons.  

If successful, this would be worth a lot.

I believe that they do have something beneficial to say,

Then let them say it, we'd all like to hear something too.

DX11 is obsolete and locked down to Microsoft.

You totally missed the point on that post..

The point was, whatever the latest/greatest specs are, not that it had to be exactly DX11..

Oh boy...

The point was, whatever the latest/greatest specs are, not that it had to be exactly DX11..

Surely it has to be whatever's available to most users and works best on their PCs?

Some have been around long enough to remember the food fight over OpenGL vs DX waaaaayyy back there and how we got here. Yep MS decided the best path forward was DX. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Personally I'd not develop for/with DX11. It looks like a cartoon and you lose already today ~30% marketshare.

Where on earth do you get the 30% data from? DirectX is extremely capable. Take the Unigine engine for example. (http://unigine.com/products/unigine) One of the only major benefits to OpenGL is the ease of transferring the graphics engine to another platform. (Mac, Linux, etc)

Brandon Filer

Let's support Carmine's blog here on Avsim and new website when it is online.  He will be putting future updates on it. http://www.fsnextproject.com

I have placed it on my "Follow" list so I can receive email updates on any new post. 

Personally, I wouldn't have used the same font for the FS Next Project logo (as shown on the link in FSXMan's post) as Microsoft used for FSX.

www.antsairplanes.com

Where on earth do you get the 30% data from?

Ca. 2 years ago, I've read a statistic in a reputable swiss newspaper that MS market share was down to 78%. Now that was a while ago and not sure if it included mobiles.

Uh... no.

That's a Redbird desktop hardware setup utilizing FSX for entertainment purposes.

You are correct

Redbird switched to using Prepar3D quite some time ago. However, in the case of the "Jay" there is an interesting disclaimer on the AOPA sales page (ref: http://www.aopa.org/info/certified/mall/jay.html )

“The JAY is not approved or certified by the FAA or any other foreign government or entity for use in flight training to satisfy required proficiency time, instrument experience, training for certificates or ratings. The use of the JAY for the foregoing purposes is not approved and should not be so used.”

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Redbird switched to using Prepar3D quite some time ago. However, in the case of the "Jay" there is an interesting disclaimer on the AOPA sales page (ref: http://www.aopa.org/info/certified/mall/jay.html )

Is this an opening for a dreaded Prepare3D Eula "discussion?"    :P

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5