Sign in to follow this  
Guest Id Rather Be Flying

New Flight Simulator

Gosh, its quiet in here...........  :ph34r:

That's because they are hard at work building a brand new simulator  :Nerd: 

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Hey Guys, 

I have a blog space here at Avsim:  http://forum.avsim.net/blog/8-id-rather-be-flyings-blog/ and when there is something new to report, that's where you'll find it.  On ANOTHER note, just remember we could have just kept silent but I thought it would be a good idea to keep the community involved with the progress as well as get them involved in the project as much as possible.  As this is in the beginning months of development unfortunately there isn't much in the way of EXCITING things to play with or see yet!  Thanks again everyone for the interest and feedback and keep an eye on the blog as well as comment over there please!

Carmine

Why don't you tell us what you have accomplished so far

Wow... that's really pushy. :frown:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hey Guys, 

I have a blog space here at Avsim:  http://forum.avsim.net/blog/8-id-rather-be-flyings-blog/ and when there is something new to report, that's where you'll find it.  On ANOTHER note, just remember we could have just kept silent but I thought it would be a good idea to keep the community involved with the progress as well as get them involved in the project as much as possible.  As this is in the beginning months of development unfortunately there isn't much in the way of EXCITING things to play with or see yet!  Thanks again everyone for the interest and feedback and keep an eye on the blog as well as comment over there please!

Carmine

Carmine, I believe the majority of us are with you on this 100%.  I'll be keeping an eye on your blog and I thank you that you have included us in the updates.

Good luck with this wonderful project.

If it was 64Bit, DX11, well supported and maintained, had awesome weather and scenery, I'd happily pay £250+ for it and have it 1 package, i

DX11 is obsolete and locked down to Microsoft.

On ANOTHER note, just remember we could have just kept silent but I thought it would be a good idea to keep the community involved with the progress as well as get them involved in the project as much as possible.

It might have been better to keep quiet until you really had something to day.

It might have been better to keep quiet until you really had something to day.

Bit harsh?

It might have been better to keep quiet until you really had something to say.

I can understand your scepticism, but that is not an excuse to be impolite.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Anyone got the link to a similar project but working in a browser? It even had a forum section but seems gone.

Personally I'd not develop for/with DX11. It looks like a cartoon and you lose already today ~30% marketshare.

Which doesn't change the fact that the majority of developers use DirectX of some flavor or other, with no signs that is going to change anytime soon.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Anyone got the link to a similar project but working in a browser? It even had a forum section but seems gone.

Personally I'd not develop for/with DX11. It looks like a cartoon and you lose already today ~30% marketshare.

Lose... 30%... so, you maintain 70%?  That's pretty good.  Also, considering OpenGL is at the 'mercy' of the graphics card manufacturer for it's accuracy far more than DirectX is... I'd say stick with what's at least being 'vetted' for accuracy and performance.

A WHQL certification is a rather big deal as far as fidelity of DirectX implementation.  There is no such requirement for OpenGL and that means the hardware manufacturer isn't held to any standards at all.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I can understand your scepticism, but that is not an excuse to be impolite.

What's impolite about suggesting it's better to keep quiet until you really have something to say?

if the forum's gone it's probably because the project has.

The estimates I've seen put Windows market share at over 90%.

Maybe I took the meaning of your post the wrong way, Gerry. My apologies.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png