New Flight Simulator

Please guys...not another of those. :help:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Is this an opening for a dreaded Prepare3D Eula "discussion?"    :P

No, because that is exactly who P3D should be sold to

n4gix, on 22 Apr 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

...to satisfy required proficiency time...

That's the key. Basically, it means you can't log the time. The disclaimer really doesn't mean anything more.

Scott

JAY appears to be P3D running on a high-end PC with built in yoke (no rudder pedals?) and throttle box.

May be it is a competitor?

I have got FSX running in a happy place for me on a modest PC.

And it people want 30+FPS at Heathrow with 100% AI, then you need to chuck money at your PC and spend time configuring it correctly.  

The amount of 'wants' for a new sim would be astronomical and here's a few:

I want to press Ctrl + E to start the engines / I want the full blown engine start procedure

I want real world weather / I don't want to be bothered with icing

I want real world scenery with full blown AI and 60+FPS

I want real world ATC with regional dialects. 

Each airliner should have its own FMC / I want to use GPS, it's easier to use

I want to use Sids / Stars / Why doesn't ATC put me on the correct Star for my regional airport.

Why haven't the deer that run across the runway got eyelashes that blow in the wind

I really, really admire XP10. But I would never 'upgrade' as I have third party scenery, planes and hardware that probably wouldn't/won't work with a new software setup. 

And the flaw being that they never envisaged that GPUs would be as powerful and as number crunching as CPUs to offload the work to. Now, if someone could crack that nut... I would pay for the fix. 

JAY appears to be P3D running on a high-end PC with built in yoke (no rudder pedals?) and throttle box.

Yep, that's pretty much it, though it appears they make it as turnkey as possible (turn on, hit button, fly) and include training scenarios.  Rudder pedals are an option.

Scott

I am still waiting for my first royalty check from Redbird for using my name :-)

Jay

"I am still waiting for my first royalty check from Redbird for using my name :-)"

Your parents named you Redbird?!?!   

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

"I am still waiting for my first royalty check from Redbird for using my name :-)"

Your parents named you Redbird?!?!   

Why not?  ^_^

I met a lady once named EverybodytalksaboutMary. (All one word)

She was Native American.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I am still waiting for my first royalty check from Redbird for using my name :-)

That's too bad. I got mine, but you haven't missed out on much :P

Whatcha been smokin' Devon?

Hmmmmmmmm.........

Stands with a Fist, and Wind In His Hair (characters from Dances with Wolves) are unexceptional Native American type names for a movie, but Everybodytalksaboutmary in real life requires somebody to be smoking something??  :P

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I guess being an optimist is outa the question here, I really dont understand it, A guy comes along suggesting he has an Idea and small team who want to develop a new flight sim,

My first thought was, ( Wow ), I then saw as the thread developed how this whole idea has been thrown to the wolves, people with a high level of knowledge in this field throwing bucket loads of doubt all over the whole idea.

The thread has even been thrown off topic, If I was armed a good background in flight sim development I would be begging this guy for a position, I see many threads around the net about the need for a new Flight Sim, people say FSX is old and tired.

I see also that many dont have faith in things like Lockheeds chances, or XPlane needs more work and so on. dont get me wrong many people use these and have pleasure in doing so but alas many dont and scream out for something better.

The very mention that something may be waiting in the (wings) ^_^  just begging to be developted is jumped upon by the pack of hungry wolves tearing it apart not even giving it the slightest chance :(

This may well be doomed from the off I really dont have a clue, but then again this could be what we have all been waiting for though it might take a few years, I would be willing to wait, I hope this he makes the grade and I wish him all the best.

Guy seems to have a realistic grip on current affiars in this field, seems to have given a lot of thought in many way's to this project of his, then he came here for some posative input.

Looks like that was his only mistake so far.

Regards Guss.

Guy seems to have a realistic grip on current affiars in this field, seems to have given a lot of thought in many way's to this project of his, then he came here for some posative input.

Four people with full time jobs developing a simulator better than FSX in their spare time is realistic?