Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Airbus X Extended

For me, this aircraft / add-on is the best allround airliner ever released for FS.

I know that only a small minority would agree with me there, and my decision is also linked to a passion for the A32X that I've held for many years ... (so far from objective!).

But if you consider

• the quality of graphics and texturing, especially in the VC
  • the stunning, beautiful, immersive sounds and hums
  • the level of functionality (having no failures suits me; I never use them in any aircraft)
  • The fun and realism (yes within some limits) of the FBW and it's autotrimming effect
  • The decent frame rate performance / smoothness
  • The entire package of "extras" from RAAS to the Captain & FO voiced Checklist system, to the Flight Recorder, etc, etc

It's just an absolute winner.     I cannor wait for their A319, and moreso, their A330.

:cool:

• Upvote 2

As I use AivlaSoft's EFB as my flight planner, is there any way the flightplans created therein can be exported to the AAX? I know it exports to the FSX, PMDG, Level-D, et al but cannot find anyway to export to AAX.

As I use AivlaSoft's EFB as my flight planner, is there any way the flightplans created therein can be exported to the AAX? I know it exports to the FSX, PMDG, Level-D, et al but cannot find anyway to export to AAX.

That's a tricky question for me, Rick; hope this one can shed some light on it ...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409602-rcv4-route-finder-and-airbus-x-extended/

(Start with post #4.)

You can just create a new quick route in the AXE co-route editor. All you do is copy paste it in there from EFB which has your route finder route displayed. After this I run the co-route splitter and there you go a quick and easy co-route exported from EFB into AXE :)

• Upvote 1

You can just create a new quick route in the AXE co-route editor. All you do is copy paste it in there from EFB which has your route finder route displayed. After this I run the co-route splitter and there you go a quick and easy co-route exported from EFB into AXE :)

Thanks for that. Will give it a shot.

That's a tricky question for me, Rick; hope this one can shed some light on it ...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409602-rcv4-route-finder-and-airbus-x-extended/

(Start with post #4.)

And the very same to you, too, Oliver. Thanks.

Can you see the wings from the VC? Being a TrackIR user, I like checking the wingtip clearance from within the cockpit before taxi.

I heard that they didn't include it in v1.0 of AXE. Have they included visible wings from the VC now?

Dave P. Woycek

Didn't Aerosoft clearly state that such things will not be included, because they use up too much resources?

Didn't Aerosoft clearly state that such things will not be included, because they use up too much resources?

Well, there are examples of developers who where first going with that statement too. Then they included visible wings from the VC and were surprised about how marginal the performance impact actually was.

Aerosoft might have experimented with it and might have come to a different conclusion, but if the performance gain is only 1-2fps this would hardly be a sound reason not to do it.

Dave P. Woycek

Well, there are examples of developers who where first going with that statement too. Then they included visible wings from the VC and were surprised about how marginal the performance impact actually was.

Aerosoft might have experimented with it and might have come to a different conclusion, but if the performance gain is only 1-2fps this would hardly be a sound reason not to do it.

Dave, you're absloutely right of course. I didn't think of that, when I wrote my above post.

However, I think that Aerosoft will never do this (as Oliver said, and also, because it's not on the list for the A318/319, which will ahve some other new features to be ported to the A320/321, though)

Hi Oliver

Did as you suggested, uninstalled v.1.04, got v1.10 then re-installed v1.10, then Hotfixes 015 followed by 016. Everything seems to be running okay except when I inject a bit of weather via FSrealWXlIte, the aircraft yo-yos up and down like a pendulim. Does it not like weather and is there a cure to this descending/ascending behaviour? Other than that, a really immersive aircraft to get into. I'm glad I bought it.

I just did my first real flight and also experienced this yo-yo of pitching up and down during cruise with resultant overspeed each dip down.

Was there ever a cause or solution found?

I just did my first real flight and also experienced this yo-yo of pitching up and down during cruise with resultant overspeed each dip down.

Was there ever a cause or solution found?

IIRC, it's a wind shift issue, triggering Alpha protection in the Airbus. Should not happen with Active Sky Next, for all other AS versions/wx engines check whether wind smoothing options are enabled.

I also use Aivlasoft EFB, try Sahin's little program, it works perfectly for me.....

http://www.sahince.com/downloads/viewdownload/8-tools/12-convaxe-v12.html

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!