Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stumpwiz

No Flight on Xbox One

Just watched the hour-long XBox One reveal live stream.  Much cool stuff for sports games, entertainment, HALO, Call of Duty.  Fifteen new titles said to be under development.  No mention of flight sims.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Console gamers don't care about flight sims, and vice versa.  Sure you can find one or two in every crowd, but there's virtually no cross-over in these categories.  

I must say, I am quite impressed by this Xbox! Its a far cry from its predecessor's!

The graphic quality shown in the COD preview looks pretty amazing! I'm sure it packs a good punch performance wise too.

Lets see how it compares to the 'upcoming' PS4...E3 in a few weeks...

PS4 is better by its exclusive games

And so it begins.....

:Straight Face:

No no xbox is way better

That didn't take long...

IBTL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Which 737 should I use on the XBox? Will my weather add on work on the PS4?

Now excuse me, I drank too much coffee and have to go Wii-Wii...

It would be hard to control PMDG 777 with Kinect :lol:

No it wouldn't....

watch....

:p0503:     :p0503:

Seeeeeeee!  :LMAO:

Well from what I've heard neither will be a starter for me

you can only buy games online through xbox and sony,so no more getting the best value by shopping around ,no more second hand games

We've all seen MS Flight, so I'll not say any more on arcade flight sims (in my opinion)

I think MS should be congratulated on managing to destroy what was a quality company but over the last year or so to me it looks like its all going to go big time belly up  Windows 8, Windows phone and now this

Any software developers I think its time to look at the PC again there's going to be a market  soon for good games and sims with much better graphic than a console can give and a choice of where to buy .

I'll no doubt get slated for this but hey its only MY opinion.

you can only buy games online through xbox and sony,so no more getting the best value by shopping around ,no more second hand games

We've all seen MS Flight, so I'll not say any more on arcade flight sims (in my opinion)

I think MS should be congratulated on managing to destroy what was a quality company but over the last year or so to me it looks like its all going to go big time belly up  Windows 8, Windows phone and now this

Any software developers I think its time to look at the PC again there's going to be a market  soon for good games and sims with much better graphic than a console can give and a choice of where to buy .

I'll no doubt get slated for this but hey its only MY opinion

I share your opinion

Really????? :blink:  :Shocked:

Say it ain't  so... and am praying that is NOT true.

I share your opinion as well btw.

My name is fryerlawrence and I approve this message...lol

Why would you want Flight to be on the Xbox One in the first place? 

Consoles aren't flight sim material, they're more like RPG type systems. 

Although I do consider MSF as an arcade type game :P 

Do Flight or FSX run on the current Xbox?

I highly doubt it! 

You can... if you can change some of the code and copy it onto a disc that supports X-Box

Why would you want Flight to be on the Xbox One in the first place? 

Consoles aren't flight sim material, they're more like RPG type systems. 

Although I do consider MSF as an arcade type game :P

The only reason MS couldn't put Flight on the Xbox One would be lack of demand (at least in their eyes). If you check out the specs of the Xbox One, and PS4 too, they look an awful lot like a PC. No custom PowerPC based CPUs or limited amount of RAM this time around. All you would need are some USB or wireless aircraft style controls (which I'm sure we've all seen around somewhere before, at least the wired USB kind).

All that was lacking in Flight was content, on both the aircraft and scenery fronts.

Do Flight or FSX run on the current Xbox?

No, why do you need to ask? Everyone here knows they don't run on the current Xbox, but this has little or no relevance to what could be possible with the new one.

This would be good if this were the case, but from what I understand of the XBox One is that they will still be shipping games like COD on Blueray but you will be required to enter a one-time code which locks it into your system. If you want to let a friend borrow your game they might have to pay a fee to play the game ... which is blasphemy as far as I'm concerned. 

No, why do you need to ask?

Because the OP raised the point that flight simulation wasn't mentioned when Microsoft announced the new Xbox. Neither FSX nor Flight ran on the  old Xbox so why expect them to run on the new one.

Anyway, as far as Microsoft is concerned both simulations are history. surely?

Anyway, as far as Microsoft is concerned both simulations are history. surely?

not true since Flight is still supported and alive

not true since Flight is still supported and alive

Yes it is!

Microsoft stopped development of Flight in July of last year. I suggest that it is history as far as Microsoft is concerned.

Yes, there is no new content from Microsoft at this time. With the exception of user submitted aerocaches, I would call that support. They will also help with problems, I call that support also. Oh yes, many repaints are appearing from fellow simmers as well. Never say never dude. Things are starting to happen. This platform is way to good and too much fun to just give up on. 250 hours and counting. I am here every day and I am not alone.