Sign in to follow this  
northtexas

Full Forest X

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Would be interesting to hear some reviews, I could name quite a lot of places where proper forest coverage could make a difference. 

At least the Experience X product from this developer is great. 

Would be interesting to hear some reviews, I could name quite a lot of places where proper forest coverage could make a difference.

At least the Experience X product from this developer is great.

more trees for FSX is not a good idea

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

more trees for FSX is not a good idea

Why do you feel that way? Is it because YOUR system may struggle? Personally, I am going to keep an eye open on this one because I think it is a great idea.

Cheers DB

I had a look, and I'm afraid the description is rather vague.

Is this increasing the density of autogen trees (like the slider in FSX)? 

OR

Is this a texture replacement?

OR

Is it a landclass addon?

Dan

It seems a bit pointless to me... I mean you can alter the amount of trees by simply changing the value in the cfg.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Why do you feel that way? Is it because YOUR system may struggle? Personally, I am going to keep an eye open on this one because I think it is a great idea.

Cheers DB

Well to avoid the flame wars of who's is bigger, I would suggest that 5x% has posted computer specs that are not bad, so maybe we can redirect this question?

I would also like to know why the thought of denser tree coverage is a bad thing? Accounts from actual users is the original posters request I would think, so maybe we can get some feed back to that regard, and/or 5x5 can expand on his/her comment for the sake of discussion?

The only negative I can perhaps foresee is the possibility that FSX will struggle a little more to draw those vast forests at distances, making the pop in/fill in tree effect more pronounced, which would look even more goofy than it already does.

It seems a bit pointless to me... I mean you can alter the amount of trees by simply changing the value in the cfg.

And there is this good point too. It would be kind of silly to pay for something that you can easily modify in notepad...

Although.... if the trees have been redesigned in a way that they have fewer polys than default trees and help with performance, then perhaps that may be a good reason to purchase, if not, then I'm scratching my head.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Here is every thing maxed out in ORBIX PNW area,I was getting tree popping,so increased LOD to 8.5. the aircraft was Majestic dash 8 at around 5000 agl.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Cheers DB

it's not a good idea for all the FPS complainers in the FSX forum, my system loves FSX and XP10...over 30fps all the time even over cities :lol:

I too am wondering whether this just re-configures autogen tree coverage, or whether it's landclass based and / or textures.

To be honest, the video and screenshots on the above linked sales page, really aren't impressive at all to me - I could barely notice anything different to default!

Not sure why you would post treex as it is a different product - full forest may have some technology we don't know about I hope I want it but not the fps hit that wouldn't make sense

Rich Sennett

it's not a good idea for all the FPS complainers in the FSX forum, my system loves FSX and XP10...over 30fps all the time even over cities :lol:

Your blowin smoke.

I checked the page and the video - seriously? Not a single comparison shot? How the heck else am I supposed to judge the value of this product?? Well, besides letting other people try it out first and report back. Sorry BIGSKY but your images still don't help. I have no idea if that last shot looks any better than the default trees

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

This looks sort of bogus to me.  I have my autogen set at max most of the time except when flying large urban areas....I have bazillions of trees....I don't see what this product is doing beyond changing fsx factors that are already available for the user to change.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3