Sign in to follow this  
sac601

PMDG 777 for FS9 in near future?

It always makes me feel like the guys who don't want to post their full name, are hiding something. Like they pirated the software...

It always makes me feel like the guys who don't want to post their full name, are hiding something. Like they pirated the software...

Not at all. I just don't like my full name emblazoned across a forum. Identity theft is real and it usually the combination of information from many different places, forums, facebook, linkedin and the like - by limiting the information that I put out into the public domain I am minimizing the chance that my identity will be stolen, simple common sense really. 

Again, I am not wishing to offend or cause an argument, simply responding to comments.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I hardly think identity theft is an issue on forums like these. It's WAY easier to get one's name and other information from other social networks, than it would be to try and find info here.

But, if you don't want to abide by the forum rules, why post here at all?

Not at all. I just don't like my full name emblazoned across a forum. Identity theft is real and it usually the combination of information from many different places, forums, facebook, linkedin and the like - by limiting the information that I put out into the public domain I am minimizing the chance that my identity will be stolen, simple common sense really. 

Again, I am not wishing to offend or cause an argument, simply responding to comments.

Well, you can argue all you want, you have been warned!

I hardly think identity theft is an issue on forums like these. It's WAY easier to get one's name and other information from other social networks, than it would be to try and find info here.

But, if you don't want to abide by the forum rules, why post here at all?

Correct.

And, Staff should delete the post that do not include full names ...

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

...and this is the technophobic reaction that information security "professionals" and peoples' mothers helped to create.

Your first and last name are hardly worth any identity thief's time.  They're going to go after more important information: your full name (not just first and last - I can't even tell you how many Kyle Rodgers' are out there, but there are a bunch), to include your date of birth, place of birth, and other information.  Without that information being linked in the same spot, you have little to run on.

No respectable hacker or potential thief is going to be trawling for information here.  There are better avenues for that, like The PlayStation Network, or other site with more profitable information (specifically that of credit cards, because a lot of it is connected to your identity for credit purposes).  I can put heaps and heaps of information online, but only that information that is actionable for opening credited accounts (loans, credit cards, etc) is really the only dangerous type of information.

Heck, anyone who is a licensed pilot in the United States has a lot of their personal information able to be queried by the public.  To date, I haven't had my identity stolen, and they have access to my full name (first, middle, last), address, medical type, medical date, and certificate information.

Kyle Rodgers

I wasn't being the forum police i was only pointing out how his only listening to the avsim rules are incorrect since this is this is the pmdg forum and they have their own rules. Whether he follows them or not doesn't matter to me. Was only trying to be helpful.

Richie Walsh

I wasn't being the forum police i was only pointing out how his only listening to the avsim rules are incorrect since this is this is the pmdg forum and they have their own rules. Whether he follows them or not doesn't matter to me. Was only trying to be helpful.

I think most of the people here see that you were honestly trying to help.  There are a select few who resent this sentiment for whatever reason, however.

Kyle Rodgers

Im not bothered with showing a name... but does anyone know the actual reason why PMDG ask posters to state their name?

but does anyone know the actual reason why PMDG ask posters to state their name?

It helps to ensure they're giving support only to valid customers.  Other developer forums require this, but through more process-intensive work (Level-D requires you to provide your order info, if I recall correctly).

It's stated right in the post everyone seems to be ignoring:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

We require this for several reasons - first and foremost we feel that it fosters a more respectful and cordial atmosphere when people speak to each other knowing who is behind each post instead of a psuedonym. I wouldn't walk up to someone in person and introduce myself as "Tabs"... Secondly, this is unfortunate but we do have a sizable number of pirates asking (sometimes even demanding outright) support for products they stole from us. Seeing names attached to support requests allows us to verify that the request is legitimate.

Kyle Rodgers

Channex258, on 25 May 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

FS9 can't cope with the complexity of add-ons nowadays anyway (lot's of CTDs and Out of memory messages) from what i've seen on other forums

etc.

Moving to FSX because developers are embracing it is one thing but thinking FS9 has performance issues these days is another thing. I would say in the area of complex airliners FSX can do more. Scenery sharpness of city ground textures FSX has more to offer (heck visually FSX is better overall for a hefty price). But (and that's a big BUT) it is totally false to claim FS9 these days has CTD's and OOM issues on the level it once did or FSX has today. If you have users running FS9 in XP that may be the case, heck everything about new products these days is going to have a problem in XP 32bit depending on how complex your add-on options are. Using Windows 7 64Bit resolved those kinds of issues in FS9 with it's ability to access more system resources. Anything GA related FSX can run FS9 can run. Reality XP and Carenado is proving that. Only detailed Photo Scenery and Orbix type creations need only apply to FSX, all other comparable scenery runs just fine in FS9 (look to the likes of FSDT's KDFW or Fly Tampa's Dubai for proof of that).

FS9 is the most trouble free simming option you can use these days. FSX is where the headache is. It's all but impossible for a machine built in the last year running Windows 7 64Bit to have any issue with FS9 unless the user has some oddly weird setup going on on their machine. So switching to FSX is great if that works for you but suggesting your move is because of dumbed down add-on options for FS9 and performance issues is totally false.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

We're not building another FS9 product and this topic is not one that we're going to allow "debate" on. End of story.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com