Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarlosF

Carenado's v2.1 update for...

Mooney M20

PA32 Saratoga SP

Archer II

C152 II

is out, go and get them!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mooney M20

PA32 Saratoga SP

Archer II

C152 II

is out, go and get them!

The planes you mention already had an v2.0 update. I wonder what exactly v2.1 changes/fixes.

In addition to that there is a XP10 Update for the C172N Skyhawk as well.

The planes you mention already had an v2.0 update. I wonder what exactly v2.1 changes/fixes.

In addition to that there is a XP10 Update for the C172N Skyhawk as well.

Here, this is for the Saratoga

May 2013

v2.1 list of changes:

-Updated SASL to official v2.0 release, which contains optimizations that will benefit from Laminar's X-Plane 10.30 release, hopefully squashing the memory allocation bug once and for all.

-No longer has inverted fuel and oil systems. More realistic.

-Tweaked trim tab external animation to look better in v10

-Optimized "options" menu, to use less memory and to remember settings for next time the plane is loaded.

-Optimized "Cameras" menu to use less memory

-Tweaked landing light to illuminate runway closer to the plane

-Tweaked turning radius on ground to compensate for new v10 no-toe-brake-with-rudder setting.

-Adjusted trim time from centre to max for v10, as this setting, left un-addressed, will cause the same plane to take twice as long to trim.

-tweaked gauges, such as fuel and oil pressure, vacuum, etc. to conform to v10's new way of calculating "Nominal pressure/temperature" as opposed to "Max pressure/temperature".

-Programmed default camera snap points for v10 (on top of existing ones via "Cameras" pop-up menu)

-improved sounds to make loops less noticeable

As well as the A36 Bonanza!

Yep, waiting for that one and the Caravan too!

Here, this is for the Saratoga

May 2013

v2.1 list of changes:

-Updated SASL to official v2.0 release, which contains optimizations that will benefit from Laminar's X-Plane 10.30 release, hopefully squashing the memory allocation bug once and for all.

I guess this update doesn't cover the Centurion just yet then...?

Updates follow "old to new" order. Centurion will be last in line though. But releases will probably speed up since newer models don't need as much work as older ones.

Flo

I guess this update doesn't cover the Centurion just yet then...?

The Centurion is already V10 64 bit compatible, hence, no need for an update.

I think there will be a SASL update for and a minor overhaul to the centurion as well.

Flo

I think there will be a SASL update for and a minor overhaul to the centurion as well.

Flo

I agree.It seems that thay had a memory leak in their camera and feature menus, that they finally fixed in the v2.1 versions and the Cessna 172 as well. I would think that this problem is present in ALL of their second Generation planes(Seneca II, Baron 58, C337) and later planes contain the same bug. SASL 2.0 itself isn't really new. It is simply the version that was needed for Mac Os X (it tells X-Plane 10.20 when SASL is loaded that it uses LUA, so X-Plane allocates memory segments in the lower 2 GBs of memory, long before the sceneries are fully loaded, and if LUA wants to allocate memory it gets in fact these reserved chunks). Since X-Plane 10.30 will use the same mechanism under Windows and Linux they obviously had to add this Header into the Windows and Linux versions ,too.

is out, go and get them!

Where ? I went to my "My Account" @ Carenado.com and the updates & patches are not available for now.

:(

Where ? I went to my "My Account" @ Carenado.com and the updates & patches are not available for now.

:(

Well, x-plane.org already has the v2.1 updates and the Cessna 172 v2, and aerosoft offers the v2.1 vewrsions, too but haven't linked the Cessna 172 v2 yet.

I'm wondering, do the FSX/FS9/P3D versions receive those fixes too, or just the X-Plane versions?

I'm wondering, do the FSX/FS9/P3D versions receive those fixes too, or just the X-Plane versions?

How could they? The flight models have nearly nothing to do with each other.  So there is nothing to port back.

:smile:

Thank you for this link: as a Carenado.com customer I can't use the X-Plane.org links for the updates, but I have read that I only need to download the plane again from the Carenado store. There's no patch file but the files for their planes are latest versions. A version number on their download page would have been helpful.

Saratoga01-th.jpg

Works great on my 64-bit GNU/Linux system. I only had to install the libsoil1 package. :dance:

Lucky you, in my case I have the Mooney purchased from Just Flight (all the others from Carenado) and JF takes a lot longer to update their files. I will have to send them again a mail and write a post on their forum in order to get my updated Mooney v2.1.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Lucky you, in my case I have the Mooney purchased from Just Flight (all the others from Carenado) and JF takes a lot longer to update their files. I will have to send them again a mail and write a post on their forum in order to get my updated Mooney v2.1.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alex,

You're lucky, I got mine from PC Aviator. They updated to V2 last week :lol:. I'll be lucky to get the updates by July!

The Centurion is already V10 64 bit compatible, hence, no need for an update.

I'm having crashes with the Centurion in some areas which apparently an SASL update and / or XP 10.30 will sort out. Just logged into my Carenado account and no update for that. Is anyone else getting crashes with other Carenado planes?

My Centurion CTD's, I'd say, 1 out of 5 or so flights; mostly when I fiddle with the Rendering Options it seems.  Bring on v10.3, I say! :)

I'm having crashes with the Centurion in some areas which apparently an SASL update and / or XP 10.30 will sort out. Just logged into my Carenado account and no update for that. Is anyone else getting crashes with other Carenado planes?

I assume you are flying V10 64 bit on a Windows machine. This is a known issue that is not an issue with Carenado's planes, but an issue that Laminar is working on.   For more information, start reading the thread below at post #30:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=65089&page=3

I assume you are flying V10 64 bit on a Windows machine. This is a known issue that is not an issue with Carenado's planes, but an issue that Laminar is working on.   For more information, start reading the thread below at post #30:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=65089&page=3

Thanks, yes I think someone else mentioned it's something that's in Laminar's court and they will sort it for 10.30. Just to clarify otherwise I'm very happy with the Centurion and I'm now mulling my next Carenado purchase.

If they could just get some rain effects for the windshield...

If they could just get some rain effects for the windshield...

Yes, they're really missing and I hoped they would make it into the updated versions.

Adds a lot to immersion IMHO.

But obviously they don't dare to touch this. Does anyone know why? I would expect it to be rather easy to do and they could use the effect for the entire fleet with only minor alignments.

Flo