Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

We have lift-off! SimHeaven OSM+AUTOGEN is ORBX GLOBAL!

Bob, these pictures should show you how much of the forested area there is between the airport and the Bay of Fundy shown in some shots....

If yours are like this....at VERY HIGH rez settings, then you are there....if not..there is a problem at your end...

Oh, by the way...pictures DO NOT even begin to show what is truly on the screen as in detail. Now I know why I don't normally post them...it is just the way it is... I think that somehow the AVSIM engine compresses them, to less clearness and detail as when seen in the non-uploaded, original pic. The airport in view, is Moncton, from where I took off.... In one shot, you see the Tidal Basin mouth of the river that leads out from Moncton and empties into the Bay of Fundy. Another shot shows the Bay of Fundy proper...well, a little part of the Bay and shoreline, lol.

Mitch

Off topic (sorry), how'd you get those sky colors?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Off topic (sorry), how'd you get those sky colors?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark, they are stock AFAIK, I did not add in any form of atmospheric 3rd party to date.

yes, because there are many blocks of houses containing an inner yard (sometimes with pool, great)

About osmxp you have to ask Benny, we've offered to include this. :)

I have a few enhancements for Benny as well, to the facades definition files and textures, still in beta:

I could make buildings level and not follow the terrain:

And some better red roofs even for irregular buildings:

Thanks Michel !

Still have a few ideas to try. And maybe some further texture enhancement.

To be true, what bothered me most was the inclined buildings. I live in Switzerland, which is not precisely flat  :lol:  Nearly every building in my city was distorted.

The roofs on the second picture are an illusion, created with some nifty use of normal maps. The hardest part was those NM with the buildings direction, but that is achievable thanks to the new the facade commands in XP10.

Great pictures ! send me an email if i can be of any help or if you want to contribute with your facade set :) (osm2xp  -at- gmail.com)

to the facades definition files and textures, still in beta  ...  I could make buildings level and not follow the terrain:

If you like, I also could include the new facade set in my osm sceneries europe, which is next. So everybody could have your new set in two weeks time... :)

Thanks a lot guys ! and thanks for the kind offers ! :biggrin:

Great pictures ! send me an email if i can be of any help or if you want to contribute with your facade set

Sure, I'll contact you very soon !

If you like, I also could include the new facade set in my osm sceneries europe, which is next. So everybody could have your new set in two weeks time...

Hey, very cool ! I'll try to restrain my ideas for the time being and finish this set ASAP. ;) But if I can't do it for one reason or another, please don't wait ! The cool thing is, my set is compatible with the default one, a simple replace of the "facades" folder does the trick.

As much as it pains me to say it, but Orbx's version of Scotland is looking.....dare I say it....not that bad:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/60218-ftx-eu-scotland-around-edinburgh/

With the OSM for Europe I couldn't even get close to this.  Great thing about OSM data though is that it's constantly improving, so maybe it'll get there.

Even so.........one is quite tempted :P

Must resist.....must not go to the dark side :biggrin:  

As much as it pains me to say it, but Orbx's version of Scotland is looking.....dare I say it....not that bad:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/60218-ftx-eu-scotland-around-edinburgh/

With the OSM for Europe I couldn't even get close to this.  Great thing about OSM data though is that it's constantly improving, so maybe it'll get there.

Their product is looking great. But it's only Scotland.

Just look at the details you have in OpenStreetMap for the same place:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=55.95744&lon=-3.19662&zoom=16&layers=M

I think with OSM2XP and a nice facade set, you can get very close to this.

Great thing about OSM data though is that it's constantly improving, so maybe it'll get there.

In that case, all the needed data exist :

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=55.95697&lon=-3.19661&zoom=16&layers=M

(except maybe the building's height)

Sure, Orbx seems to do a wonderful job here. There's undoubtly a lot of manual work involved. I think that's the secret recipe to perfection: combine as much as possible databases and visual selection of features. We still have this bridge to build with X-Plane, but let me tell you something: the inner X-Plane scenery system is great. It has already every feature needed to build such scenery. Maybe not as freeware, as some time and talent must be dedicated to achieve this. And manual work. A lot.

P.S: MdMax beat me to it :lol:

Well, the difference are certain kinds of special buildings. Such mappings are in the OSM data set. Since the newer versions alre3ady depend on supersets of the OSM data this will not be a general problem and more a demand for additional object library elements.

And could you advise us when Orbx started to offer their maps for free?