Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

How is Scotland

The only thing that annoys me is the price. I do realize the effort that goes into these things but compared to England/PNW size for $$ they have squeezed us by making three regions when one would do. I refuse to buy wales at this time.

I am not sure what the price is when combined.

Orbx leadership thinks I am rather thick, but what is the actual cost if I wanted to buy Wales and Scotland together as compared to just Scotland alone?

I have England, although it is uninstalled.

Kind regards,

Currently it's still 15% off the SCO price when purchased with WLS at the flightsimstore.com.

Because I bought SCO anyway I'd deduct those 15% from the WLS price instead (EDIT: that's 15% of the SCO price subtracted from the - lower - WLS price) - still too much money for the small WLS region  - and I really like the UK2000 rendition of Cardiff ...

SCO: 39 CAD (./. 15% = 33.50 CAD)

WLS: 32 CAD

SCO + WLS: 65.50 (26.50 CAD more than just SCO alone)

Edited by olli4740

Unfortunately, I just don't have loads of extra money lying about.  So I have to be particular with each and every addon.  They have permanently dropped the price of Wales now.  Maybe next month.

I haven't bought any of the last five EU airports, just can't afford that, but the regions like Scotland with the base strips are good without the additional airports.  And if there is a bit of extra cash then UK2000 products to me look like the best deal and certainly look great blending nicely.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

The problem for me is that the UK2000 airports dont blend nicely with FTX. The colours are way off in terms of the ground textures. It ruins it for me.

I am in doubt... I own England. Don't have it installed right now because I fly in Norway a lot. Scotland looks nice though... The problem is: should I only get Scotland or should I also get Wales...? This will save some money on Scotland but obviously it costs more altogether. However, Wales seems a nice place to fly, small as it is...

The problem is made a LOT bigger by the upcoming release of FTX Global... I was planning on buying just that one, also to improve the looks of Norway. But if I buy Wales AND Scotland AND FTXG... my reserves are going down rapidly... I also have a music making hobby which isn't cheap either and there is a nice virtual guitar out now plus a great virtual bass guitar... Sigh... I really don't know what to do... ;)

Being a native Scot; I must say that on the whole I'm very please with Scotland.  

Yes, there are roads missing, plus rivers and a few other items, but on the whole it's a great product.  For the price it's a steal and well worth it.  Plus; issues that have been reported in the forums will no doubt be fixed it future patches.  

Orbx have a good reputation in fixing issues associated with their products. 

So.......Scotland is miles better than England (worst Orbx product in my opinion) and well worth getting. 

Looks like a mini Alaska.

Happy flying!!

Dom

Purchased FTX EU Scotland a few days ago. I am very pleased with it and highly recommend it. Last night took off from Edinburgh and made a flight along the coast dropping into airports along the way. The coastlines were very well done and most of the airports had people flow etc. Didn't see any kilts but.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Didn't see any kilts but.

In this context shouldn't the statement be better rendered as: "Didn't see any kilts, butt..."?  :blush:

FTX EU Scotland

What is the common non Orbx-centric opinion? Did they hit, or miss?

Kind regards,

Hi

What is it exactly you mean by Orbx-centric?

Hmmmm...all very well, but has anyone done a screenshot of what a "braw moonlit nicht the nicht" looks like?   :smile:

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

What is it exactly you mean by Orbx-centric?

That's easy! I am looking for opinions from those who are unbiased for, or against ORBX, who have bought and experienced FTX Scotland for themselves, and who will give a balanced review of the product.

I do not want to buy based on advertising promotional claims, or because cheerleaders cheer (they always cheer), anymore than not to buy because someone is unfairly negative against Orbx either.

Whether Scotland becomes my FTX Product #52 depends upon what buyers say, and how I feel about who says what after weighing opinions. I have learned not to lineup with my credit card out, panting for what's next.

It is like what Lee Iacocca said about buying a car from him; "If you can find a better car, buy it!" Objective evaluation is a good thing. I highly recommend it.

That's easy! I am looking for opinions from those who are unbiased for, or against ORBX, who have bought and experienced FTX Scotland for themselves, and who will give a balanced review of the product.

I do not want to buy based on advertising promotional claims, or because cheerleaders cheer (they always cheer), anymore than not to buy because someone is unfairly negative against Orbx either.

Whether Scotland becomes my FTX Product #52 depends upon what buyers say, and how I feel about who says what after weighing opinions. I have learned not to lineup with my credit card out, panting for what's next.

It is like what Lee Iacocca said about buying a car from him; "If you can find a better car, buy it!" Objective evaluation is a good thing. I highly recommend it.

Oh ok - but how could you possibly know who is or is not Predjudiced?

Would all of those who like the product not be categorised as belonging to a particular type or group?

Can you see the contradiction here? which is why I asked in first place.

Seems a bit of an odd statement Stephen but anyway - So did you buy it and hopefully like it or not?

Kind Regards

Andrew

We're all prejudiced ...

Still some of us would state the pros and cons, some of us would post in a one-sided way.

As soon as Stephen knows w h o is posting, your contradiction is resolved.

We're all prejudiced ...Still some of us would state the pros and cons, some of us would post in a one-sided way.As soon as Stephen knows w h o is posting, your contradiction is resolved.

Hi Olli

Are you implying there are those that post in order to get Stephen to buy a bad scenery?

Look I really dont want to annoy anyone here but the comment in the opening post seemed a bit strange to me. That coupled with the fact that your post implies there are some members posting inaccurate information seems even more odd?

I'm new around here so please excuse my ignorance - I only wish to be indiscriminate that is all

Kind Regards

Andrew

Edit - I m interested if Stephen did buy the scenery and indeed if it was what he was expecting after viewing the opinions in the thread :)

Are you implying there are those that post in order to get Stephen to buy a bad scenery?

Look I really dont want to annoy anyone here but the comment in the opening post seemed a bit strange to me. That coupled with the fact that your post implies there are some members posting inaccurate information seems even more odd?

There are some people that like ORBX's products so much, that they will recommend ORBX's best and worse releases. They cannot be blamed for doing so, since they just have a bias towards a specific developer.

On the other hand, there are some people that hate ORBX, and would never recommend them.