Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Fast and easy GA plane

Another one, is carenado's C337. It is a twin that goes fast, but flies like a single. Most people say that it is Carenado's best release to date. It can get into fairly short strips, while hauling some payload.

Got that one too, lol. Looks like I´ve got everything arround, so I have to arrange with the planes I have. The C337 looks strange but flies very nicely.

Does anyone have th C337 AND the C210M? If yes, are they different in terms of speed? The C210M seems to be the only one I don´t have fitting my specification.

Got that one too, lol. Looks like I´ve got everything arround, so I have to arrange with the planes I have. The C337 looks strange but flies very nicely.

Does anyone have th C337 AND the C210M? If yes, are they different in terms of speed? The C210M seems to be the only one I don´t have fitting my specification.

I am interested in this response as well - I have a very satisfying range of low-wing aircraft, including the Flight1 Citation Mustang VLJ, but realize I don't have a good (if not excellent) high-wing aircraft. Well, I do have the OHV-10, which is a gas to fly, but not big on creature comforts. Dog biscuit, anyone?

On paper, and visually, it looks like the C210 would be the one but am interested in what others have observed/though.

JKH

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Baytower RV-7. 'Nuff said!

http://www.baytower.ca

This or the Lancair. The RV7 is as nimble as the Lancair but the stall speed is much much less. Of course the top speed is about 50 kts less as well. The simplicity if the fixed gear RV is nice too. But since you fly tubes you'll be used to landing gear in the Lancair.

I hope I made your decision harder lol!

Oh nm I see you have the Lancair already... Why not start back up with that.

?

I have the 337 and 210. 210 flies poorly... Landing 3 point is next to impossible. The 337 is faster and climbs better, and has a better FDE.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Cruise speeds at equivalent power settings and lower altitudes are pretty similar.  The 210 is turboed, however, so it's a better high/hot plane, and will be faster at higher altitudes.

I quite like the 210 again, since "fixing" the flaps issue some months back.  There's a discussion about this in the 210 forum somewhere, or check out comments from Glenn and me in this thread on the new 206:    http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412845-cessna-t206h-first-impressions/ .  The 210 is nice after a bit of work, though I still prefer the 337 - among other things, it has much better visibility.  Still, the 210 gets used fairly often around my home state of Colorado.

Scott

This or the Lancair. The RV7 is as nimble as the Lancair but the stall speed is much much less. Of course the top speed is about 50 kts less as well. The simplicity if the fixed gear RV is nice too. But since you fly tubes you'll be used to landing gear in the Lancair.

I hope I made your decision harder lol!

Oh nm I see you have the Lancair already... Why not start back up with that.

?

I have the 337 and 210. 210 flies poorly... Landing 3 point is next to impossible. The 337 is faster and climbs better, and has a better FDE.

?

I understand your comment about the better FDE, if only from reading the AVSim reviews from Ray Marshall, but "faster"? 

The 337 is a bit of an odd-duck, in more ways than one, whereas the 210 just looks sleeker. Pride of ownership, ya know...   :smile:

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I understand your comment about the better FDE, if only from reading the AVSim reviews from Ray Marshall, but "faster"?

Indeed - they're actually quite similar in speed, and the 210 gets faster as you go higher.

As for the landing, 3 point landings were actually the norm for me before changing the flaps parameters.  It was hard (almost impossible) to hold off the nose.  Following the change, that's no longer the case.  The fix is easy.

That said, I still concur that the 337 is the better flyer and remains my favorite Carenado.

Scott

Indeed - they're actually quite similar in speed, and the 210 gets faster as you go higher.

As for the landing, 3 point landings were actually the norm for me before changing the flaps parameters.  It was hard (almost impossible) to hold off the nose.  Following the change, that's no longer the case.  The fix is easy.

That said, I still concur that the 337 is the better flyer and remains my favorite Carenado.

Scott

Thanks, Scott and Ryan, 

Since 98-percent of my flying time is 10,000 or lower, and I enjoy "flying" as much as anything else (looks, sounds, etc), I may check out the 337. Besides, reading the comment about leaving the tractor motor off for taxiing sounds fun - get out to the apron, turn it on, and then off you go!

JKH

John Howell

I suppose they are similar speed wise. The 337 will out climb the 210 though. All around visibity is better in the 337. It's been a while since I flew the mix master. And I rarely fly the 210 because of the FDE.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I suppose they are similar speed wise. The 337 will out climb the 210 though. All around visibity is better in the 337. It's been a while since I flew the mix master. And I rarely fly the 210 because of the FDE.

Mixmaster! Hah - perfect!

The more I read (and hear) about the 337, the more I like it. Kind of a Labrador retriever versus a greyhound, and as my picture attests, I do like my Labs...  

Thanks, guys!

John Howell

It's a good one too, but I haven't touched it since being spoiled by their Legacy.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Bernt Stolle made an improved FDE for the Commander 114, it flies pretty nice now. Just search for 114_fde.zip  on flightsim.com

Cheers

TJ

I'm not a GA-er as a rule but I recently bought Aerosoft's DA20 Katana 4X to explore Orbx Scotland's lochs and Highlands. It's not particularly quick but it's stuffed full of delightful features and has become a particular favourite of mine.

RealAir Legacy for me. I stay well clear off Carenado, can t live with the unpolished equality, bug stomping, poor FDE, but that's just me. Maybe if they released a finished aircraft every 6 months instead of an u finished aircraft every 6 minutes then I might change my mind.

-Iain Watson-