Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Asiana B-777 Reported Down At KSFO

The sight of the tail lying on its side just at the start of the runway in the field of debris appears to confirm indeed the aircraft hit the rock wall. Visibility doesn't appear to be an issue, so that only leaves a few other possible reasons and a host of sub-reasons. Still have hopes for a report stating no casualties, a sad day.

CNN and others still saying 60 unaccounted for..  I have no idea how that's even possible but.. Ok

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Has anyone spotted where the port side engine is? I see the #2 ripped off as well but is sitting on the starboard side. (Assuming it is #2)

Can't find the other one in the video footage.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Has anyone spotted where the port side engine is? I see the #2 ripped off as well but is sitting on the starboard side. (Assuming it is #2)

Can't find the other one in the video footage.

I believe it might be under the wing, but it's hard to tell for sure.

Brandon Filer

Sorry to hear about this.  Thankfully it sounds like many lives were spared given the tremendous force of the crash.

John

Somebody get that United crew at the hold short line on the phone!!

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

That is one tough airplane. The safety record in these modern incidents really goes to show how tough they make these newer model aircraft. A lot of research went into improvements and they are obviously working.

Matthew Kane

Very, very sad that this happen. Especially to an aircraft like the B777! Thoughts out to all involved.

SpiritFlyer, on 07 Jul 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Now CNN is saying 2 dead and 60 unaccounted for, quoting SF firechief. I don't believe it. I will bet $20.00 someone has that mixed up with 60 missing in the Quebec train explosion!

A couple of other reports have said the same thing, Those 60 would have been the ones that were taken to hospital and would be located later on. When you send people off to hospital you won't know who is who or where they end up until after as medical care and triage is the priority in that situation, many of those people may not be conscious when taken to hospital. The number 60 just happens to be a coincidence with the number of missing in Quebec but that report is now down to 48 with 10 critical.

Matthew Kane

EGLL77W, on 06 Jul 2013 - 8:14 PM, said:

Very, very sad that this happen. Especially to an aircraft like the B777! Thoughts out to all involved.

Luke, i'd be very surprised if the 777 was the cause. I would easily get on one now and feel completely safe. I look forward to finding out what the cause of the accident was.

My condolences to the victims and their families. It is also unfortunate that the fatality-free safety record of the B777 is now tarnished. A sad day for aviation.

MSNBC is now reporting that there is 1 unaccounted for.

The first channel I passed was C-iNaNe.  I soon switched to FoxNews which was much better up until the news drone said "The plane was reportedly descending at 1400 feet per second."  I'm on MSNBC until "the stupid" seizes them.

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

Luke, i'd be very surprised if the 777 was the cause. I would easily get on one now and feel completely safe. I look forward to finding out what the cause of the accident was.

I know - sorry, I wasn't implying it was the 777's fault at all. I meant it made one upset to see my favourite aircraft that way and in the incident.

I know - sorry, I wasn't implying it was the 777's fault at all. I meant it made one upset to see my favourite aircraft that way and in the incident.

You can always build new airframes, lives are not so easily replaced...   :Sigh:

Sad to hear reports of people having passed away after the initial reports that everyone survived... :(

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

It is a shame.