Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DetCord

Now Serving Saint Barths

Conducted two go arounds. Finally made it on my third try. That said, it was most likely due to playing this soundtrack over my approach. Or not. A lot of pure luck most likely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJu0bNJKA6c

njmSpRc.jpg

W934TxP.jpg

vRkL2x6.jpg

agjX4sv.jpg

JtqwkXv.jpg

Not associated, I just rather liked it.

CWcR9VD.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great!

But have you thought about getting out of there,too :P ?

How about Saba and Lukla? Could be fun :lol:

I would imagine that you would have to border on stall speed to get that jet to land and stop in such a short distance.  I don't expect that the passengers appreciated the arrested stop likened to being on an aircraft carrier. lol

I would imagine that you would have to border on stall speed to get that jet to land and stop in such a short distance.  I don't expect that the passengers appreciated the arrested stop likened to being on an aircraft carrier. lol

Everything looks so real ... on youtube!   laugh.png

Hilarious! I can barley get my Cessna in there, how the heck did you do that........

Nice to see some not so serious posts every once in a while :-)

Cheers,

Pete

I am sure Jimmy Buffett didn't appreaciate all that jet traffic noise... :lol:

IRL they landed B747s on aircraft carriers - how did those ones take off again?!?

Ain't happening mate, the takeoff that is. 

I did attempt it, even though I knew it was well below the minimums. My beautifully render American Airbus looked like a jet-ski with wings...

The Airbus takes forever to get to V1 compared to the NGX, which reaches speed very quickly. Not sure if that's realistic or just how Aerosoft coded it.

I wonder if I could get a totally unloaded, 5% fuel NGX up in time though?

BTW, where'd you get the American repaint?

The Airbus takes forever to get to Vref compared to the NGX, which reaches speed very quickly. Not sure if that's realistic or just how Airbus coded it.

I wonder if I could get a totally unloaded, 5% fuel NGX up in time though?

BTW, where'd you get the American repaint?

The Airbus series are using two different engine types at present. Differences are going to vary.

That said, here is this. It's based upon MTOW though - http://planes.findthebest.com/compare/230-269/Airbus-A320-vs-Boeing-737-800

Your screenshots always manage to make me want to take my computer out to the desert and use it for target practice...   :lol:

Great stuff, keep it up...  Or don't so I don't have to put the old thing out of it's misery.   :ph34r: