Sign in to follow this  
Fede.

FTX Global delayed to next week

This "bible" stuff is to help simmers with ANY kind of problems they may have with their FSX,

So then why is it here instead of in the general FSX forum, or the hardware forum. I guess that following your logic, I should post Word Not Allowed's guide, and every guide that pops up under google. Instead of keeping the discussion on how amazing ORBX's new scenery looks. And it seems rather ironic to post that guide in particular here, since some parts of it seem anti ORBX.

FYI: ORBX just posted some amazing new winter shots. WOW Global looks great. Just wish that it was in my budget.

Over at the ORBX site, JV said FTXGlobal will be DX10 compatible.

Cheers.

That might just make it a classic.

This "bible" stuff is to help simmers with ANY kind of problems they may have with their FSX,

and that include add-on, since Orbx is in the bag (as they make add-on for FSX) I think this is the right place to post Nick's experience with FSX....

yeux.gif  I don't know if Avsim's rules can allow this to be pinned (after completion) but if that can be done the "THE FSX COMPUTER SYSTEM: THE BIBLE - BY: NickN"  should be pinned in the  MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware section of Avsim's forum....just my 2 cents.

LOL :lol: That doesn't make sense at ALL, of course. This would mean you can post NickN's bible into every single topic on this forum, which is not what the mods would appreciate. (I know I 'helped' to change the subject of this topic, but it IS off topic and shouldn't have been posted here at all.)

You do know the bible isn't posted on Avsim but on Simforums...? And by someone who (mildly put... :ph34r: ) doesn't appreciate Avsimmers...? I wouldn't count on getting that topic pinned over here. (You aren't losing your senses, are you, Alain...? I am a bit worried... :rolleyes: )

LOL :lol: That doesn't make sense at ALL, of course. This would mean you can post NickN's bible into every single topic on this forum, which is not what the mods would appreciate. (I know I 'helped' to change the subject of this topic, but it IS off topic and shouldn't have been posted here at all.)

You do know the bible isn't posted on Avsim but on Simforums...? And by someone who (mildly put... :ph34r: ) doesn't appreciate Avsimmers...? I wouldn't count on getting that topic pinned over here. (You aren't losing your senses, are you, Alain...? I am a bit worried... :rolleyes: )

Jeroen it seems to me that you have some sort of grudge against NickN's? 

Mo45

Jeroen it seems to me that you have some sort of grudge against NickN's?

No, not really. And I fail to see how the post you quoted could give you that idea. ;)

No, not really. And I fail to see how the post you quoted could give you that idea. ;)

Sorry my mistake.

Mo45

Guys, I was being facetious.....

I had to look up that word (English isn't my native language) and now I know what it means I have to say that I wasn't too sure if you was but I am glad you were.  ^_^

And, at any rate, Word Not Allowed's guide is better.

And that's what I'm talking about, I'm always welling to learn more, with facts, so, if you are "gonna" make a statement like that and with all due respect, show me (us) where Word Not Allowed's guide is better (and I'm not saying it's not), and if you can't....

XPX is not that bad....give the serious 3PD and Laminar developers some time....[/guote]

(Let's just wait and see what comes forth from Orbx's magic hat before the direct comparisons and put downs begin)Fair is fair!

And by someone who (mildly put... :ph34r: ) doesn't appreciate Avsimmers...?

I forgot to reply to your statements Jeroen, Nick does not have a grudge against Avsim's simmers, what he has a problem with peoples making statements without backing them up with facts or proof, or challenging him without being able to showi him where he's wrong, I would have a problem with that too, that is why he quit writing here.

And that's what I'm talking about, I'm always welling to learn more, with facts, so, if you are "gonna" make a statement like that and with all due respect, show me (us) where Word Not Allowed's guide is better (and I'm not saying it's not), and if you can't....

I just prefer his approach. I've tried Nick's guide and the "Official" Avsim guide as well. I had better results with Word Not Allowed's guide. I also appreciate Word Not Allowed's quasi-scientific approach to balance tweaking. He takes the time to methodically test various tweaks and goes to great lengths to explain and help people understand how the factors interact to produce your end performance. His blog is also very active, and he's always willing to answer questions.

Hands down the best guide out there at the moment.

The problem with Nick's guide and Word Not Allowed's guide is that they are hardware/software specific; in other words what works best with their hardware and their operating system. On my older computer running XP, a lot of what both these guys recommend is of little use. For my system the best advice came from Orbx and what they recommended for their scenery based on a particular level of hardware.