Sign in to follow this  
Fede.

FTX Global delayed to next week

Yes, JV already said something like that last weekend, although I was hoping for a release the coming weekend. But a release in July is fine with me too. ;)

Thinking about getting ftx global. Any idea if it'll work with utx europe?

Also would uou need to reinstall airports or photoscenery even if its just been manually added to the fsx/addons folder?

Yes, it will work perfectly fine with UTX. The ONLY addon it won't work with is GEX, because it's the exact same kind of add-on.

I don't know yet if photoreal will take priority over FTXG though... FTXG completely replaces default FSX: you can't simply turn FTXG off. (If you want to temporarily turn FTXG off, you will have to manually rename two folders: the one with FTXG and the one with the default FSX backup).

To me, hands down, it is a no brainer to be patient. I would much rather wait the extra week or whatever is necessary to get this product -- said in different words, we want it done right. I really believe it has the potential to equate to a new version of FSX, because I think its visual impact is going to be a major one, especially for low and slow GA flyers.

I am more excited about this than the triple seven to be honest.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Also would uou need to reinstall airports or photoscenery even if its just been manually added to the fsx/addons folder?

In a word, no. The FTX Global textures replace the default FSX textures (just like GEX) so any photoscenery will appear on top of these textures. How well the photoscenery will blend with the FTX Global textures is another matter completely.

I usually don't fly to default airports and sceneries....I avoid it like the plague. Thats why I don't even attempt to enhance it with GEX or UTX (I use UTX just for night lights to enhance photo sceneries). I am sure this would enhance default sceneries...but would it be better than specific scenery addons? Would this be better than Austria for FSX or VFR Germany from Aerosoft? Mega So cal... Orbx PNW and for enroute airliner flying I like FS Altitude... or other addons.

I find location specific highly detail scenery has a much better payoff than trying to enhance the whole world. I prefer Mega city with night and autogens photoscenries for an approach over a plain day only megascenry for the whole US. 

So I am not sure where this would fit in.... Hmmm... If one is not going to vest in lots of addon sceneries then this may helpful.. Just like I found GEX and UTX to be good at the beginning when I got FSX. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I usually don't fly to default airports and sceneries....I avoid it like the plague. Thats why I don't even attempt to enhance it with GEX or UTX (I use UTX just for night lights to enhance photo sceneries). I am sure this would enhance default sceneries...but would it be better than specific scenery addons? Would this be better than Austria for FSX or VFR Germany from Aerosoft? Mega So cal... Orbx PNW and for enroute airliner fling I like FS Altitude... or other addons.

So I am not sure where this would fit in.... Hmmm...

This release has nothing to do with enhancing default airports. It enhances ground textures worldwide. This will be a major game changer for the community.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

So I am not sure where this would fit in.... Hmmm...

For you, based on the criteria you specified, FTX Global would not fit in at all.

For you, based on the criteria you specified, FTX Global would not fit in at all.

True. FTXG is a generic overall improvement but it will never give you wat smaller specific scenery addons can give you. Orbx says so themselves. No one should expect the whole world in FTX regions quality. It's ONLY new textures! To me however, this comes a long way to making things good enough for me. I think I will be happy with FTXG and some freeware I use until FTX Norway South will be released.

I usually don't fly to default airports and sceneries....I avoid it like the plague. Thats why I don't even attempt to enhance it with GEX or UTX (I use UTX just for night lights to enhance photo sceneries). I am sure this would enhance default sceneries...but would it be better than specific scenery addons? Would this be better than Austria for FSX or VFR Germany from Aerosoft? Mega So cal... Orbx PNW and for enroute airliner flying I like FS Altitude... or other addons.

I find location specific highly detail scenery has a much better payoff than trying to enhance the whole world. I prefer Mega city with night and autogens photoscenries for an approach over a plain day only megascenry for the whole US. 

So I am not sure where this would fit in.... Hmmm... If one is not going to vest in lots of addon sceneries then this may helpful.. Just like I found GEX and UTX to be good at the beginning when I got FSX. 

that's cool for you, no reason to buy the product, other than making the flyover territory look better.  I'm not sure anybody is advertising this as being "better" in specific areas than austria vfr germany etc.   However, this may come as a shock to you, but some folks, myself included, think that photoscenery looks straight up horrible in just about all cases, and are looking forward to this layer of well done photographic textures to enhance both default scenery, and things like UTX and Open VFR.  I feel that the combination of these landclass products is far superior to my eyes in look and feel to PR scenery,  That and I like to fly everywhere, And I'd go broke trying to do that with individual small sceneries.

I am more excited about this than the triple seven to be honest.

me 2, texture addons are more fun than the same old Boeing/Airbus addons :good:

Keep thinking how in the world they finish FTX global so fast, because is the entire world we are talking about. How long did it take to finish one country then the next ? WAWO they deserve a big award for this achievement when FTX Global comes out. They are not kiding when they said "Enter A Whole New World" :lol:

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

that's cool for you, no reason to buy the product, other than making the flyover territory look better.  I'm not sure anybody is advertising this as being "better" in specific areas than austria vfr germany etc.   However, this may come as a shock to you, but some folks, myself included, think that photoscenery looks straight up horrible in just about all cases, and are looking forward to this layer of well done photographic textures to enhance both default scenery, and things like UTX and Open VFR.  I feel that the combination of these landclass products is far superior to my eyes in look and feel to PR scenery,  That and I like to fly everywhere, And I'd go broke trying to do that with individual small sceneries.

+1 I am not into photoreal as I am a GA guy and spend my time at altitudes where Photoreal scenery looks like a tablecloth.

As for FTXG, textures alone are at the mercy of landclass and if the default landclass is WRONG, it will still look wrong. Just a different color/texture. In FSX default where things are wrong (which much of it is) ala missing towns, lakes, square shorelines, missing highways and rivers and the like, your just changing textures. You will need some groovy landclass products to make FTXG shine. Period. In other words.... be prepared now for the battle of the landclass providers!

Keep thinking how in the world they finish FTX global so fast, because is the entire world we are talking about. How long did it take to finish one country then the next ? WAWO they deserve a big award for this achievement when FTX Global comes out. They are not kiding when they said "Enter A Whole New World" :lol:

This is textures. They added very little else. FSX came with textures. FTX is not updating airports or adding anything extra to the scenery with this product except textures. If the existing FSX tile calls for farmland, farmland texture is colored onto the tile. Again. You will want/need landclass added to make the TILES acurate now or your just changing colors/textures.

Everything ORBX needed on the GLOBE is/was already there. They are mass dumping a pile of texture files into a folder from which FSX will pull depending on what is supposed to be under your plane (tiles) <----- oversimplification here.

Yes. They are making a few corrections in a few obvious areas to the landclass tiles. But nothing like UTX and Scenerytech have already done. Although ORBX will release thier own brand of lanclass products to compete and will no doubt favor the FTXG texture pack they are about to release.

I could have saved myself ALOT of time.... Here. Read this and replace GEX with FTXG as you read it.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/331273-scenery-tech-na-vs-utx-na/

C.