Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

Another New York X

I'm surprised at how many people are still unaware of the DX10's fixes available by Steve Parson and in the AVSIM library.  v3.2.2 has fixed A LOT of issues (from runways to cockpit shadows).  I can't wait for Steve's retail package that does even more for DX10.

With the number of DX9 hold outs, it makes me wonder if anyone will want P3D V2.0 DX11 product.

As far as FPS goes, this product reduced my frame rates in 1/2 (I run DX10) ... worse than San Francisco City X product.  A real shame because both SF X and NY X are really nice looking products that get me closer to "as real as it gets".  But sadly I had to disable it, I don't think FSX can handle this many polys (or more accurately vertices) regardless of hardware now or 10 years from now ... and 32bit is most definitely a barrier for these products.

No problems here using DX9 on Win8-64

Though i'm seeing the range of 21 down to 7 at times it would be more accurate to say that 12-15 FPS is the average with the Cessna in Spot view, it is very fluid.

This is the best modeled city by far for FSX and I love it, I am in and out of NY on a regular basis and this makes it so fun to see everything as it is (Warped LOD aside)

Use some common sense though, turn traffic down, turn off object and scenery shadows etc.

I am using 1920x1200 res on a Dell 2408WFP, NV settins: 8xSAA/ 2X Alpha AA, 16XAniso and a 0.125 negative LOD Bias - FSX:  with water on High, limited vis at 10miles, LOD @ 4.5 All scenery settings including AG and scenery at full (change LOD back to what ever suits you, but 4.5 max is a must here).

I honestly wonder how some expectations can be so unreal, here you see pretty much all of FSX cities lumped into one with over 6000 custom buildings, if you want a real NYC model and ever been here, what do you think would happen?

The fact that we CAN actually fly a super detailed model like this at all is so very coo!

If its not running well for you I suggest your FSX installation is cobbled, over tweaked or maybe simply just needs to be setup a little more balanced to use something like this.

My only real nitpick is that the smudged orange night textures makes this a daytime only version.

how about keeping Aerosofts Manhatten on top of DD's NY City? Does that give some FPS Back?

BTW...is there a Newark airport payware scenery? HA HA ..I know I am asking for trouble. :P

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

how about keeping Aerosofts Manhatten on top of DD's NY City? Does that give some FPS Back?

BTW...is there a Newark airport payware scenery? HA HA ..I know I am asking for trouble. :P

The thought has crossed my mind to selectively load the bgls to get all the boroughs and a better lit nighttime Manhattan (MX) just need ground zero refreshed...then again if we could just get better night textures for NYCX.....

I'm surprised at how many people are still unaware of the DX10's fixes available by Steve Parson and in the AVSIM library.  v3.2.2 has fixed A LOT of issues (from runways to cockpit shadows).  I can't wait for Steve's retail package that does even more for DX10.

With the number of DX9 hold outs, it makes me wonder if anyone will want P3D V2.0 DX11 product.

As far as FPS goes, this product reduced my frame rates in 1/2 (I run DX10) ... worse than San Francisco City X product.  A real shame because both SF X and NY X are really nice looking products that get me closer to "as real as it gets".  But sadly I had to disable it, I don't think FSX can handle this many polys (or more accurately vertices) regardless of hardware now or 10 years from now ... and 32bit is most definitely a barrier for these products.

Hi. What's the filename or filenames for Steve Parson's DX10 fixes. I did  a search and could not find any. Thanks, Bob.

Hi. What's the filename or filenames for Steve Parson's DX10 fixes. I did  a search and could not find any. Thanks, Bob.

Here you go, Bob :

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=shader+dx10&CatID=root&Go=Search

You have a better system than me ( i7 980X @ 3.33GHz, GTX480, 12GB RAM) so you might want to give it go. For me no fun at all with the initial release. Had good hope re the new 1.1 version. No chance though. Still nothing short of a tantalus torture...  

Btw, the NYCX demo compares to the full version like a Cessna Citation to a 747 so be prepared. B)

cheers,

jan

Jan

Purchased it.  Better than Aerosoft's Manhattan.  FPS better, and eye candy way better.  Re-loading of textures is my only gripe.  Need to find a way to fix that and I'll be 100% happy.

Stan

Purchased it.  Better than Aerosoft's Manhattan.  FPS better, and eye candy way better.

You must have a god computer. This scenery performs SO much worse than aerosoft manhattan, I get 11 FPS spanning over Manhattan, while 30 fps with Aerosoft.

You must have a god computer. This scenery performs SO much worse than aerosoft manhattan, I get 11 FPS spanning over Manhattan, while 30 fps with Aerosoft.

Adjust your settings accordingly and it might help you if you have the power.

Purchased it.  Better than Aerosoft's Manhattan.  FPS better, and eye candy way better.  Re-loading of textures is my only gripe.  Need to find a way to fix that and I'll be 100% happy.

Stan

I like the look of this one. Thanks for your review.

If it works better than Manhatten then I am GO GO for it!

Tested a bit, DX10, looks much better than the other one (day time, havent tested night time) no OOM (even with high res installed), no FPS issue. Comp i5@ 4.4, win 7 64 with 8GB FYI, scenery and autogen at very dense.

I wonder why I have such FPS issues in DX9... My fps drops to 11, with the default ultralite!!! :(

Car, boat, and Airport traffic OFF, autogen DENSE..

Do you guys who purchased NYC and also own Aerosoft Manhattan X see the same difference?  With NYC the part around and north to Central Park looks like in picture 1 while with AMX it is correctly populated (picture 2).

Jean-Jacques

Edited by firehawk44
Images removed as they all exceeded the 1600W and 400KB weight limits. See the AVSIM Image Posting Guide under the Forums Tab above.

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Wow, so the top pic is the new NYC X, and the bottom is the old Aerosoft Manhatten?? ...... bottom one looks soooooo much better.