Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Hodgson

Not impressed with Global

What is that picture of?

I dont know where  this is i just saw it on google images... type in big lock and that place comes out in a few images...

Image removed as image is no longer available.

To think the OP chose his username from ..................

Still trying to work out where your username comes from Julian <grin>. This thread reminds me of "School" and how some may liken this product release to "Crime of the Century"

well, turns out "Roger Hodgson" was not "Bloody Well Right" after all.  it certainly didn't seem to me that he was singing a very Logical Song at all.  Hope he takes the Long Way Home.

Roger,

I guess about now that you are probably sat with "Rudy" having "Breakfast in America". Its not like you have committed the "Crime of the Century" by creating false profiles but you certainly were very naughty!

"Goodbye Stranger" as we shall never know your real name. You were banned from here faster than a "Cannonball" was fired from a cannon. "Listen To Me Please" it just isn't worth berating other peoples products and intelligence.

I suggest that you "Hide In Your Shell" and have a think about the situation you are in. "From Now On" you should let others make up their own minds.

Have a nice day now

Phew !........ Its taken a while but got there in the end....post 244

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Still trying to work out where your username comes from Julian <grin>. This thread reminds me of "School" and how some may liken this product release to "Crime of the Century"

BTW Dave, "Come and have a look at my girlfriend...she's the only one I've got"

I call her "Baby Blue" and see her " Day After Day"

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Tom, a few days ago we had a Dominic Smith from the UK (who is affiliated with FScene), post a very scathing negative review about FTX Global on the flightsimstore.com product page. A quick investigation found that he did not own nor had purchased the product. He then contacted the store and asked for his 'review' to be removed, which Adrian did.

Perhaps an over-zealous defence of another ground texture product?

I am absolutely incensed though, that he would stoop to impersonate the lead singer of one of my all time favourite bands. Some things are sacred! :)

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Perhaps an over-zealous defence of another ground texture product?

Isn't there some kind of anti-competitive behaviour law regarding approaches like that? Seems below the belt to be falsifying reviews and identities to try and affect sales of a rival product.

The above isn't aimed at any company just a general question

I just hope one day we can all agree to disagree .... sometimes i wish every post had a background music that would change as the topic goes on  :lol: . is that even posible tom ????

by the way here is a picture that could be used when there is a risk of closing a topic 

2q0ppn8.jpg

Is that a key in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

www.antsairplanes.com

Me downer! :lol: I'm loving FTXG...I dunno what everyone else is harping about...lol

You shouldn't be on a downer. You decided to leave DreamTheater of your own accord, nobody forced you :lol:

Meh, I think there are some educational replies to this thread. I've seen a lot worse threads...

I hope it stays open.

Me too! I didn't ask for a lock when I posted that but I had the idea we could use some guidance.  B)  And Tom did and the topic went into a positive direction. ^_^

I have to say I didn't expect this free bonus to FTXG. I have a few days off right now and was planning on doing some flying above FTXG textures, but yesterday I spend almost all day pressing F5 and reading the newest posts in the various FTXG related topics. This is awesome! I am wondering what the heck I am going to do in a week or so when everything is back to normal again... Shoot, I don't like normal. Anyway, I am sure not everyone agrees but the fun I had during the last days on the forums (Avsim and Orbx) alone (not only discussing but also helping out btw) was worth the money spend on FTXG already. :lol:

OMG!   I simply HAVE TO ask for a refund on FSXG~   There is (actually is, lol) a single house graphic at 3,500 ft. Yep!  Scandal!  It is sitting up there by its lonesome just around Lansing, Michigan. There is also (if you find the black house floating--must be Dorthy on her way to Oz....) you will also find an entire graphic tile that is bone white...with autogen sticking out. It is not rendering scenery within the rectangle.

What a rip off!  I don't take kindly to finding a house at 3,500 feet, JV!

Or...I can just note that, and wait for the patch that will fix any other glitches that might be reported.

Actually John, what I described is there.

I almost fell out of my chair, .....a single autogen black house.....must be a rougue autogen that wanted to catch the new view and landscape....

Somebody at ORBX should have used better glue....to keep it down....

I want my money back!   Yeah....NOT!~

OMG!   I simply HAVE TO ask for a refund on FSXG~   There is (actually is, lol) a single house graphic at 3,500 ft. Yep!  Scandal!  It is sitting up there by its lonesome just around Lansing, Michigan. There is also (if you find the black house floating--must be Dorthy on her way to Oz....) you will also find an entire graphic tile that is bone white...with autogen sticking out. It is not rendering scenery within the rectangle.

What a rip off!  I don't take kindly to finding a house at 3,500 feet, JV!

Or...I can just note that, and wait for the patch that will fix any other glitches that might be reported.

Actually John, what I described is there.

I almost fell out of my chair, .....a single autogen black house.....must be a rougue autogen that wanted to catch the new view and landscape....

Somebody at ORBX should have used better glue....to keep it down....

I want my money back!   Yeah....NOT!~

Actually, this is an FSX bug. You will probably notice that if you quit FSX and go back to the same location, the house will be on the ground again. This happens to me a few times a year. In fact, it happened to me yesterday in England on a location I had visited a few times earlier. Could well be this is related to reloading a certain location a few times without restarting FSX... don't know for sure though. But anyway, I am 99.9% certain that the house won't be floating there forever and it's just that old FSX bug.

Actually, this is an FSX bug. You will probably notice that if you quit FSX and go back to the same location, the house will be on the ground again. This happens to me a few times a year. In fact, it happened to me yesterday in England on a location I had visited a few times earlier. Could well be this is related to reloading a certain location a few times without restarting FSX... don't know for sure though. But anyway, I am 99.9% certain that the house won't be floating there forever and it's just that old FSX bug.

Yep, I saw it all the time around KLAS before I even had FTXG.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It's not a bug as such, its because you are overtaxing your system with autogen among other things, if you push the quantity too high along with other high settings you will start to see errors like this because FSX is giving priority to other parts of the simulation that are more critical to time sensitive data. Autogen scenery and clouds are a low priority and usually the first thing to show errors when resources are getting scarce.

Cheers, Andy.