Sign in to follow this  
Nurmblitz

Download of Past Purchases at FSPilotShop

We're talking about a shop here, a retailer, not a developer ... anyway:

Nobody seems to be concerned about a shop going bankrupt with the consequence of their servers getting shut down forever. To 'insure' ourselves against this risk we backup downloads even if we are guaranteed an unlimited no. of free downloads for the rest of our lives.

It's the same 'insurance' that can keep us from getting charged for re-downloads from the other kind of shops.

Back up your downloads every time, in any case, from any shop. There's more than just one good reason for it ...

Exactly, vote with your wallet.

Bandwidth isn't free of course, but seriously, in 2013, I doubt the actual cost of downloading a small file is anywhere near $5. That's just ridiculous. Defending them is ridiculous, when some stores are clearly able to offer their customers virtually unlimited downloads with no extra charge. Comparing digital downloads to cars, phones etc. makes no sense. Those are physical items that have to be manufactured, not just a bunch of 1's and 0's that get translated into light pulses or voltage fluctuations.

Again. vote with your wallet and those stores may find that they have more to gain from offering unlimited downloads than the tiny, tiny cost it incurs. If a developer is only selling through a store with limited downloads, write the developer. Tell them how you feel and that you would buy their products if they were to sell them through another store.

Do you show your bank the same outrage when they charge you for a duplicate of anything?

The stores don't care because there will be plenty of other customers to take your place.

Indeed even if some shop wanted to ask for 100 dollar fine for redownload as long as they clearly state it somewhere they have the right to do so. If you, a customer, don't like it then just buy the addons from somewhere else. Nothing ridiculous here. 

I am in total amazement that this thread even exists, and almost all of the post in it...

This is why I stopped visiting AVSim... Madness...

I am in total amazement that this thread even exists, and almost all of the post in it...

......?

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

A Daily Flightsimmers soaps.

AS THE TURBINES TURNS.

Its addicting and you know it ^_^

He'll be back. It like a crash, you just can't look away.

I would like to add,that my purpose with this post was to warn and inform you fellow simmers, that you should consider this policy when doing your purchases. There are alternatives.

Thanks for the warning.  I didn't know this.  I'll make sure to stay away from them on download add-ons.

Thanks!

You have visited a forum you no longer visit, posted in a thread that serves you no purpose,but you post anyway.

Should you get a spot on the Graham Norton show, let us know, will make sure the TV is off.

And we are supposed to think you are important enough to take notice of  your guest appearance.

Madness....

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

#####??

ZORAN

Just to prove that he really stopped visiting AVSIM!   :lol:

:LMAO:  He must think we have missed him. I didn't

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I'm in total amazement that you are on a forum that you don't visit, and you felt the need to express this in a post. That's ... Madness...

Carenado entitles you through their website to only 3 downloads and then you have to re-purchase the entire product again, even backups can fail, get lost, or stolen (there are plenty of stupid thieves out there). However I think a limited number of downloads instead of a time lapse is better called for as it allows you to take advantage of the situation if you have a serious problem 1 year down the road or so.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Carenado entitles you through their website to only 3 downloads and then you have to re-purchase the entire product again

I don't mind this too much. This at least makes it quite clear that if you're downloading it for the 3rd time, you'd better back up the copy you've just downloaded safely. With the other site, I was never warned, and only had to redownload when my external hard-drive with X-Plane on and the installers died.

Lesson learned :-)