Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Who Likes Flex?

In todays FSX world wing flex is essential, it just wouldn't be the same not having it modeled.

Better than the Airbus X Extended :). Seriously, though, those are some pretty stellar animations (as to be expected from PMDG).

The A320 doesn't have much visible wing flex, so it would be wrong to exaggerate it.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The A320 doesn't have much visible wing flex, so it would be wrong to exaggerate it.

I was just joking. I realize it must be quite difficult to model, especially considering the outcome would not be nearly as significant as it is in a T7. Although it would improve the look I completely see their side of view. Regardless, the wing flex animations from PMDG more than make up for it!

I was just joking. I realize it must be quite difficult to model, especially considering the outcome would not be nearly as significant as it is in a T7. Although it would improve the look I completely see their side of view. Regardless, the wing flex animations from PMDG more than make up for it!

I can't say I spend too much time watching the wings when I'm flying in FSX. But if the real aircraft has very little wing flex there isn't much point is wasting valuable frame time computing it. Clearly it's worthwhile in the 777 and very smooth it looks too in Kyle's image. That's a very clever way to show the effect.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I can't say I spend too much time watching the wings when I'm flying in FSX. But if the real aircraft has very little wing flex there isn't much point is wasting valuable frame time computing it. Clearly it's worthwhile in the 777 and very smooth it looks too in Kyle's image. That's a very clever way to show the effect.

I agree.

Yep!

I mean we all fly around constantly looking out the wings right? Peripheral vision anyone?

The real question is would you buy it without the wing flex??!!!! 

I'll let the image speak for itself:

2013-8-5_16-16-45-840.jpg

Pic 1 - unloaded wing - is sitting at C2 at IAD (FlightBeam scenery)

Pic 2 - loaded wing - is out over Ohio at FL360

I really don't like how there are clouds at 30ft AGL in IAD.  Can you crop them out and re-post?  B)  muhahahahaha.

I watched this video earlier and OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT FLEX. 

one of the coolest pictures I have seen in quite awhile... and the best picture so far of the PMDG 777

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Do the 777 wings actually flex that much IRL?.....they look almost rubber-y