Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Will you be flying right away?

I'll be flying it the first day it releases...

200px-Trollface.svg.png

...and you can bet your [donkey] that I will not get caught dead near a VATSIM scope for about the first week or two.  Can't stand controlling people who haven't figured out how to fly their planes.

Kyle Rodgers

I'll probably spend an hour or so marvelling on the ground and having a play around, and then I'll just get straight into a flight and play around even more!

On the flip side it was great seeing all the MD11 freighters flooding Vatsim for the first few months after PMDG's release. I would land at some of the most remote cargo destinations and find a fellow pmdg freight dog parked at the stand :)

Rob Prest

I'll be flying it the first day it releases...

Can't stand controlling people who haven't figured out how to fly their planes.

i know that story from IVAO .. i remember the time after the Airbus X extended has released :D

regards,

Alexander Marx

i know that story from IVAO .. i remember the time after the Airbus X extended has released :D

My absolute favorite so far has been the NGX.

"Oh, sorry - I had to go around because my FMC messed up!"

...on the River Visual Runway 19 Approach to KDCA.

Multiple.

Levels.

of Fail.

Kyle Rodgers

...and you can bet your [donkey] that I will not get caught dead near a VATSIM scope for about the first week or two.  Can't stand controlling people who haven't figured out how to fly their planes.

Too true. I'm sure people want to get their new toy out as quickly as possible, but when flying on Vatsim I want to be in complete control of my virtual plane (hence my comments about handflying up thread). It'll be at least 5-10 flights before I try taking on Vatsim.

Jon Skiffington

I built my first FSX rig this year, bought the NGX when it was service pack 1C, jumped in the cockpit.  My time in the NG for FS9 helped a lot, and friends on teamspeak who had been flying it for months helped me out a bit.  No tutorial for me.  It's just an autopilot with an HGS.  The FMC is the same as I'd remembered from FS9.  Sure there are some cool features in the FSX FMC and I learned all those as time went on.  I've never crashed the NGX.  I love it.  I'm sure it won't take long to get the 777 flying.  Learning her inside and out will be the fun part over weeks of flying.  Bottom line is it's just an airplane with yet another autopilot.  We will be fine boys and girls.  

the minute my install is complete depending on the time of release ill set up at a heavy  gate at  KIAH and flight the thing to DOHA .. I remenber when i first got a hummer i when offroaing the next day . this thing its capable of long flights and ill do one to test out those new engines lol ..

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Oh ya forgot as well: PMDG 777 release means an immediate sick day tomorrow if a weekday.

That goes without saying! Done it a few times myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

I fly my PMDG's right away. Altthough i do not reccomend doing this because it makes the simulation less realistic

Your FMC "messing up" is not an valid reason to stop flying a approach. I've heard that way to many time on VATSIM. Fly the plane, first and foremost everything else is secondary. If people also READ the manual they might actually know how to fly the aircraft. There are people after two years who still have no clue how to fly the NGX, but think they do. Please do us a favor get of VATSIM go read the manual then come back when you have a clue. 

"FMC messing up" may be a reason to maybe downgrade from an RNAV GNSS approach, especially in IMC, but there's an easy way out. Request a different type of approach. VOR, LOC, Visual...

The MCP didn't mess up, so HDG/FLCH/ALT Hold mode are still there ;)

So is that yoke or joystick.

Long runway, flaps five, set trim by TLAR method, 95-100% N1, ease back when the speed looks about right. Circuit and landing using much the same guesstimates. It more or less working with the MD-11 so... Besides, can't hurt anyone.

Then I'll learn to drive it properly.

The first thing I will do like I always do with new PMDG releases is just load up the plane at some airport, immediately apply full thrust, takeoff with all alarm bells sounding, get into the air, then drewl at the VC, sounds, and flight dynamics.

Next day I will do the tutorial flight. LOL

Atta boy, thats the spirit. Just f4 the sumb**ch and go