Sign in to follow this  
jd

Version 5 Status

Hey Doug,

Just wanted to say hello to you. You and I talked to each other (FedEx) many times over the radio, only I didn't know you back then. Just wanted to say thank you for putting out a good product which definitely improved the FSX experience now that I'm retired. Best wishes to you all.

God bless you and your family, John. Your priorities are where they need to be, and that is a good lesson for us all. Thank you for your huge contribution to the flight simulation community.

Todd

I echo the above sentiments entirely and sent a personal note to JD.

Actually, is anybody in touch with John?  I'm wondering if he is away as I've this week been trying to get a new activation key. Mine's a 'manual' one as it involves a change of email address. It could be that he only gets around to the manual ones when he can.  I can understand that. 

Cheers all,  

Gareth

I'm french (nobdy's perfect !) and newbie. As you can see, I don't speak fluent english. I just want to thank John for his patience to help me for the RC's installation which was very hard for me.

I didn't know his personnal life's difficulties and I hope things will turn right for him.

RC v.5 is certainly not a priority to have a good life.

Thanks again

François

François CHAUSSE

I'm newbie

John and Doug,

It´s nice to know good things are happening in your life. The life is short, and the time with the family is invaluable. Sometimes is necesary to do a slowdown in our life to enjoy our family.

RC is your legacy to flight sim community. I hope to continue using this wondeful software in the future, btw works very well in prepar3d 1.4.  Thanks to all the team as well as to the beta team.

I am not a real pilot, and your software helped me to experience in some way, my life dream of to be a pilot.

I wish you the best of the life to you and your family.

Greetings from Mexico.

John,

I am really happy that your situation has so improved and not only with you, but with also Rick and Doug. Wishing you all the best.  I still remember sleeping on the floor of your hotel room at the AVSIM convention in Reno, NV!  It was an honor to be a beta tester for Radar Contact for quite a few years!  

I need to dust off my copy of RC4.3 and hope I still have a key to install it.   :-)

Don't be a stranger and keep in touch.

Best as always, Rob Abernathy

Robert Abernathy

John,

I just read your september 1 note. It must look like a miracle. Carpe Diem !  Take what you can. I am REALLY happy for you and I am also happy to know why RC development is halted. If your happiness and your family prevents any new development so be it ! No regrets. I had 50 years of happy marriage. Now my wife is in a wheelchair. But we are still happy and have many plans for the rest of our life. I can understand what you and your family must feel.

Roger

Roger

See my specs in my profile

I think that has got to be the best post post I've ever read on any forum. Continued blessings and prayers to that family.

Hi John

I am a very recent user of RC and on reading your post felt very moved. I too also lost my wife 4 years ago but now after many trials and tribulations and with the help of the wonderful NHS she is almost back to normal although a little limited with what she can do.

I have no doubt that you are doing the right thing and packing in as much time and enjoyment with your wife and family as you can and I wish you and your family all the best for the future.

A very humble Mike

You take your time - luckily RC4 is still the best ATC addon available and I still enjoy being told off severely for being naughty and 'missing my crossing restriction' !!!

Will keep an eye out for any developments, but for now, heh... real life is more important.

Good luck to the pair of you.

It's the right choice, all would have done the same! :)

Thanks for your work on RC!

Fabrizio Sassi