Sign in to follow this  
europrodave

Overall Opinion of PMDG 777

I have fallen in love with this plane! From the way she behaves during taxi and the accompanying sounds to the startup of the engines to the startup of the plane from cold and dark. It just feels really believable! Handflying this lady is a blast....I have flown this bird up to cruise, which I never did with any other addon and it was the most exciting time of my flightsimming experiences so far.

The auto cruise feature is the single best idea any addon developer ever had, have to check ground operations out the next few flights.

The performance is a little worse than the NGX, but I think that PMDG will work on that.

Overall the price is a little too high, but I don´t regret buying her!

Superb as always from PMDG. Not sure it is quite the leap in simulation that the NGX was. My one disappointment {and its been done to death) is the lack of VC rain. Other than that, I dont have time to fly these quality aircraft...........

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

I like the 777 very much, but i'm not lucky with the Cold and Dark bug. Hope they will fix it soon, then i'll give 

5/5 points. Now 4/5. :)

For me, it works in a single way logic... PMDG releases a product, I buy it... 

This is formula for me too.   And it has not let me down in 9 years.

Small single piston, twin, turbo prop, business jet, narrow or wide body airliner = if Precision Manuals are making it.  I am buying it.

Not on name or badge.   Just on assurance of maximum and exquisite quality.

Shomei Yokouchi

Although i am quite disturbed by the bad refreshing of the aircraft (from external view), I am just amazed by PMDG's work. This aircraft is fabulous and i know it will be entirely reliable on my transatlantics.

Thanks to the team.

Dom Mason

Apart from the missing 2D view (please someone develop an add on and I will be the first to buy it)  the plane is fantastic. I still have a lot to learn about it, especially the caution messages I get. Congratulations PMDG.

stelios

Stelios Christofides

OK here we go.

Beautifully done, really good external model and the flight deck is really nice, detailed, very clear on your screen, dirt in the right places like in the grooves of the knobs.  Very easy to move around in the VC and get things done, particularly if you have EZdok.  Pop out 2D panels and windows are just like the NGX, work very well and my FMS moves over to my second screen very nicely.

Frame rates are excellent, however, still get the occasional stutter but nothing crazy...it flies very smoothly.

Hand flying feels heavy and laboured, you can feel the weight of the beast but having said that it hand flies beautifully and is relatively easy to control by hand both in terms of flying and controlling the throttles (which I know you are not supposed to take out of AT).

Sounds are out of this world.  I never really get too much into the aircraft sounds of planes and tend to turn down my speakers, however, this bird really feels like you are there.

Negatives?

Configuring the throttles is a B#$@% and going back to the standard FSX controls completely messed up by fantastic setup.  I had to redo all of my configs yesterday for every aircraft and gave up on FSX controlling the throttles.  I now have my own work around which is to disconnect the A/T when I taxi and I have created a quick button press on my Throttle quad for this purpose.

It's a very automated plane and relatively easy to fly from point A to B.  Plus they are generally long flights so not a whole lot to do for the pilot.  You work a lot harder on the NGX for example.  Now...having said all of that, there is so much depth here that once I turn on the usage based failures,  I am expecting the enjoyment to ramp up yet again.  I just want to get more comfortable with the basics right now.

Now a reality check - We are flying an 8 year old sim, or something like that, and a little company has made an almost perfect sim of an iconic aircraft and we get to fly it and play with all of its features for $90?  Wow that is amazing, one dinner at an average resteraunt for my family of four will cost more than that....and if I go out with another couple and we drink....fegetaboutit!!!  I will get many hours of enjoyment out of this addon and so will you.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Now a reality check - We are flying an 8 year old sim, or something like that, and a little company has made an almost perfect sim of an iconic aircraft and we get to fly it and play with all of its features for $90?  Wow that is amazing, one dinner at an average resteraunt for my family of four will cost more than that....and if I go out with another couple and we drink....fegetaboutit!!!  I will get many hours of enjoyment out of this addon and so will you.

I think that your paragraph above is incredibly on-point.  Well said, sir!  The new 777 is a summary achievement.  The fact that LINDA has released a module (early days not finished yet) that will allow those with the VRInsight hardware MCP II Combo (Boeing) controller to spin actual knobs and flip actual switches and have that echoed on this new bird is a tremendous bonus, as well.  I love the NGX, but the LGX is something even more special.  The automatic time compression feature alone is a marvel, easily worth the 90 bucks all by itself!  Even on short flights, if you're struggling with limited time and trying to sneak in a quick flight - is incredible.  Overall easily the best 90 dollars you'll spend and knowing the NGX already, makes the transition to this bird a cakewalk.

BLASPHEMY!!! It hand flies brilliantly!

Is it me or did they even capture the ground effect of the tail during rotation??? o_O

+1 on both statements!  Yes, you can feel the ground effect on takeoff - it's amazing.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Just purchased the 777 few hours ago, did a short testing flight and I must say wow, best 777 ever for fsx, fps were very good, I also own the 737ngx which I find is comparable to the 777, I will be doing a long flight on sunday from Newark to Singapore, can't wait.

I am always sad to read people that never used their MD-11. That has to be added to the list. Especially from an addon a few years ago, it set the bar so high the NGX only barely beat it. The Q400 I agree, also one of the best planes. I can't wait for Majesticsoftware to come out with the pro version.

Oh, there is no question that the MD-11 is one of my favorites, but the VC being dated as it is, doesnt have the sharpness that the new ones have. If it was updated there is no question that it would rank up there with the new ones.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Simply fantastic. The aircraft itself feels great to hand fly, with a real largeness to it, especially on taxi. The sounds especially deserve special praise- the noise of the brakes, taxi and take off roll, engines (basically anything you can think of) are just in a different league to other addons. Systems are as you would expect from PMDG. Best of all, the new auto time compression means that I can fit in long haul flights now which has reinvigorated FSX for me, as I had got bored of just flying to places within 1-1.5 hours flight time (and was wondering whether I even enjoyed simming any more). Now I can fly a 4-6 hour cruise in the same amount of time, which really opens up some opportunities. It does have some little issues - the frame rate is not as good as the NGX for me, but with some tweaking it is definitely acceptable. Oh, and if you leave the crew alert system on during 4x, you just about have enough time to think "what is that caution light?" before all manner of alarms go off.

Completed EGCC-OMDB, EGCC-KLAS and EGKK-KMCO so far and it is fantastic, the best sim experience I've had. My only issues have been getting the damn thing to slow down on approach, the LR is ridiculously overpowered.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Well,it aint no NGX that's for sure!

Ive spent a few days getting used to (Boeings) fly by wire and auto throttle system, flying her manually,

and I would say ive just about got her figured out. Now its time to do my first long haul and use the auto cruise

and I personally think this aircraft will take some beating, god only knows what they have planned for the new 747!

Regards.

The only negative thing I have got to say at the moment is the engine fan blades. In motion they are jerky and look like they are suffering from severe FPS issues. :-( Same in the NGX

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

100 hours?? That's only 2 weekends of flying!

100 hours in the 737 takes way longer since there's hardly any 4 hour routes.