Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

What's the best Carenado in the lineup?

Just took the C337 for a flight - still one of my all-time favorites.

I logged just over 33 hours in the C337 over the past 30 days, including a trek from So Calif to Oregon, and then from Oregon to Salt Lake City, then over the scenic Wasatch plains to Grand Junction, Colo, overflying the Colorado National Monument landscape, then along Interstate 70 to Denver Centennial, then on to Kansas City.  Enjoyed it totally.  Great visibility for sightseeing.  Four and luggage on board. Very good ground speed and fuel economy.  All of those hours over recently released MegaScenery 2.0 states.  

Here are a couple of screen captures, the first at Mount Shasta, Calif., and the second over Crater Lake in Oregon.

Shasta%281%29-M.jpg

CraterLake%281%29-M.jpg

In less than a month I will be flying the Carenado C208 Grand Caravan from Ft Myers, Florida, to the Grand Cayman's with 6 on board plus luggage and provisions for two weeks.  Needed the 208 for load capacity.  Will get my guests to Ft Myers from Missouri and Indiana in my more luxurious Carenado Beech C90, with an intermediate stop in Alabama to take in the autosport museum at Talledega, and the Barber motorsports museum near Birmingham.

So which do I like best?  Easy.  The one I need for the situation at the time.  

Now when will the HondaJet be released?

HondaJet%282%29-M.jpg

Marginal freeware HondaJet near Mt Hood, Oregon.  Incredible burn economy, for 6 on board, with more comfortable room, standard lavatory, at up to 420 knots, at up to FL430.  All for less than half the cost of other personal or small business jets.  Come on Carenado.  Get modern and get green!

More at: http://hondajet.honda.com/hondajet/performance/ Check out the panel, the interior appointments, and the performance and economy specs.  We need this one!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just took the C337 for a flight - still one of my all-time favorites.

B)

I hope it has the autopilot in the panel, rather than on the floor, like the King Airs..

If modeled correctly it will. The D version has it located just below the glare shield.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Wow, I didn't know that Honda Jet would offer such performance data. Good suggestion and nice pics, FP.

I might be one of the few;

Yes, I'd say so. Something was missing (for me) when it comes to the long-term A36 friendship. I couldn't even tell what it was. :unsure: Actually a very ok plane.

The C337 seems to be the all time winner (of this thread), huh?

I have em all, but my fav is probably the C185 with the Stolle FDE and my own custom panel.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I might be one of the few; but my all time Carenado favorite is the A36 Bonanza.

It just feels good, cockpit is cozy, some tweaks and voila. Oh, and thanks to Bert ^^^ the Aspen gauges work just fine.

Cheers.

Would you happen to have a link for that Aspen tweak? Thanks!

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I'm not to fond with Carenado aircraft. I like the skymaster and the caravan but that's about it, I bought 3 others but they have been dissapointing. 

Would you happen to have a link for that Aspen tweak? Thanks!

I have a copy kindly given to me by Bert Pieke. (post #59 in this page)

It's not my work; but I’m sure if you PM him, he will send you a copy.

Cheers.

I've owned the C90B for a while and with only a few flights, it just didn't "grab" me with much excitement. Planes like the Aerosoft Bronco and Flight1 B200 have these unique personalities that make flying them always fresh feeling. The C90B was, well, kinda sterile and generic.

This thread made me reconsider and purchase the C337. I have some hours in RW C337 as a passenger and photographer, and always loved it.

All I can say to the C337 posters in this thread...THANKS!

Purchased the C337 last night and stayed up way too late enjoying its quirkiness and the very good sounds. There is still a little of that "sterility" but a big experience improvement from the C90B.

The RW C337 is well loved by all who flew it because of its power, roominess, and overall stability. The Carenado matches this very closely.

Still think the new Malibu is a bit under-rated.  Not perfect, but very nice.

Scott

+1

Now, I would have to say its the Mirage, I like it but cannot put my finger on why exactly. It is not going to replace the Duke V2 or A2A 172 but it is nice

+1

Funny.  I made good use of three diminishing compounds of glass polish from Griot's Garage and an orbital buffer to remove those kind of scratches from the still original windshield my vintage 1969 MGB sports car.

An excellent choice of class sports car sir :cool: .... I cherished an MGB back in the early 90s. Still miss it, and think about where it is now!

Sorry for the O/T.     :smile:

For those holding off on the Carenado Malibu PA46-350P......... don't! ... It's really a lovely, high end GA piston single, the best release they've made in the last 4 years IMHO.    It has renewed my faith in Carenado. And yes, the window scratches (that you only see when the sun shines on the screen) are fantastic!

And yes, the window scratches (that you only see when the sun shines on the screen) are fantastic!

And if you prefer not to have them (though I don't know why, as the effect is very well done without being over the top), there is optional glass polish (might not be from Griot's though) and an oribital buffer to get rid of them. :lol:   Seriously, it's easy to turn the effect off.

Scott

Carenado C-152 is my favorite simple and basic to fly. Own quite a few Carenado aircraft like they are cntrl-e planes and use steam gauges.

I have many of the Carenado lineup and I think they are good value.  I think the C337H is one of their best.  I love the C185F (with the Stollie FDEinstalled) because I do a lot of bush flying.  Currently the TBM850 is quite fun to fly, although like most payware in this price range, I wish the avionics went beyond to include real flight planning.  The A36 and B200 are also favorites of mine.  The older C182Q is the earliest release that I really liked. I know what to expect from Carenado and I don't bemoan the fact that they will never match the quality of the Real Air Dukes or the A2A C172.  The aircraft from their sister company Alabeo are real bargain beauties for analog aficionados.

That is my take for whatever it is worth.  Patience is my friend as I have bought all but two of my 15 Carenados during sales.