Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

What's the best Carenado in the lineup?

hiya

Have to go for the skymaster .... but dont forget to add on the  Oovee - Cessna 337 Skymaster Sound Pack.

The two together are great.

Ken

Have to go for the skymaster .... but dont forget to add on the Oovee - Cessna 337 Skymaster Sound Pack.

The two together are great.

I'm not saying Ken is wrong - there's subjectivity involved here - but that sound pack broke a number of things on my 337 when I tried it, as it did for others, and support for the product kind of disappeared.  Check the 337 forum for details.

The real reason for posting this, however is to note that if you decide to try the package, pay close attention to the instructions and do what they say - BACKING UP THE ORIGINAL SOUNDS - before installing.  If, like me, you dislike the sounds, you'll be able to back out without having to completely reinstall the 337, potentially losing customizations you've made.

FYI - and again, not trying to dis Ken's opinion,

Scott

Cant access the carenado site now.. something cooking? I want my pimped Caravan  B)

EDIT: false alarm..

From the planes I own, C185 and A36 are the best ones. Everybod says 337 is great and I believe, just not the kind of plane I would buy (or should I...). Sadly I was really disappointed with the C208B. 

How is the CT206?

My favourite Carenado is one of their older releases - the standard C206 including its float/amphib variant; infact it is probably the most flown plane in my hanger.  I find the performance is great for exploring the landscape while fast enough at cruise that you can cover some decent ground. Within the normal flight envelope, the FD feels pretty standard and convincing for this type of aircraft.

My other favourites include the C337 and the C185.  The Mooney is also pretty decent, but I don't fly it that much.  

On the either hand, I was dissappointed with the PA32 Saratoga (poor flight model).  The C172II is fair, but I find the ground handling and night lighting poor.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Wait, nobody loves the new glass planes? :O :huh: ^_^ I do, a bit, but not exactly for their glass.

Wait, nobody loves the new glass planes? I do, a bit, but not exactly for their glass.
Well I usually swear by steam-gauges. It's just so much more aviation in it, if that makes sence. Like with cars; what roadster you want, a Jag E-type or a Mazda MX-5? Well the Jag of course. But what is technically the better car? The Mazda of course. Doesnt always matter.

Then again, I'm most eagerly awaiting the Caraven EX which will be glass cockpit. I'm a bit fearful of the FPS impact on that, but we'll see.

Wait, nobody loves the new glass planes? :O :huh: ^_^ I do, a bit, but not exactly for their glass.

Not so much, I'm afraid.  Part of the problem for me as an RXP user is that in order to fly the glass planes I have to either take a step back in functionality, or at best sideways by using one of my RXP's as a popup.  In the real world, of course, a G1000 would offer more, not less.  And then there's the whole sim issue where a computer monitor is trying to simulate the display of another computer monitor.  I think that works... sorta.  The representation of good analog gauges generally seems crisper and more readable - again somewhat the opposite of what RW units can do.

The JetProp is the exception, as the G500 is integrated with separate Garmin GPS's so I can have glass displays with the depth provided by the RXP units (in no small measure thanks to Bert and his mods which helped improve the integration with the G500 displays).  Even at that, one of the reasons I'm starting to enjoy the Mirage is the very nice analog panel.

Scott

Given the analogue gauge bias, the Alabeo lineup surely is spot on, eh? :-) Must say that this brand seems to produce a lot of fun planes at reasonable prices.

I guess they save some money on the manuals. Wait, what manuals? :-P

/ sent from a mobile thingy /

The Baron is my favorite; especially with the HawkDSL Turbo conversion. Can't get enough time in this aircraft!!

(and, I really enjoy the Skymaster, too!)

I also like... well, I haven't actually found one I don't like.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

I'm with metalmike above, I've got by far the most time in the 337 though. I'm just sort of discovering the C208B right now, haven't flown it much but I'm really liking it. (I'll have to look for that FDE update, don't think I have it yet). Oddly enough though I think the older Archer II comes in a close second with regard to flying hours. A lot of the later releases I don't even have yet, the CT182T is the newest one I have.

ATM they've all taken a back seat to the PMDG T7. I'll be over that soon though :smile:

I'm excited to see what the 1900 brings. It will probably be my first Carenado purchase.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

My favorites...

- F33 Bonanza with RXP FLT/FLN gauge set and GNS430  (my personal go-to plane)

- C337

- C206 (the new release)

- TBM850

the last three with an RXP GNS530.

Bert