Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

What's the best Carenado in the lineup?

I have the CT210 Centurion... It's pretty nice. I love GA airplanes.

For Ctrl-e style flying,

:LMAO:

Here's a pic of the Centurion near Whitehorse, YK:

2013-10-5_14-5-36-847_zpsf629210b.png

Edited by linux731

The TBM 850 is my favorite by far.

If I think about it there is not much left from my big carenado fleet that I use. Sometimes the Bonanza F33a and the (old) 208 but very very seldom.

I am interested in the upcoming Phenom but only because there are not many half way decent business jets availabe and my Feelthere Phenom has such an ugly VC... .

I am interested in the upcoming Phenom but only because there are not many half way decent business jets availabe and my Feelthere Phenom has such an ugly VC...

Milviz is working on an Avanti II.  It's not a jet but way cool.

http://www.aircraftcompare.com/helicopter-airplane/Piaggio-P180-Avanti-II/356

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

My favorite is still the C90B.  It just is a fit for me.  I follow that with a tie between the Skymaster and the Grand Caravan.  A great deal of my preference is based on how the model fits into niches for flights that I typically take, and what they provide in fantasy operating costs. i.e. based more on real world model characteristics. Aspects like range and economy, passenger comfort, passenger ground/scenery visibility when that is important, etc.  I'm not so riveted to checklists and 100% comprehensive workings of every little facet of the real world model.  

I spend more of my pre-flight time in route selection and flight planning for cost efficiency than I spend on finite start-from-dark procedures. I highly respect those with different areas of focus.  We each have our own DNA.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Milviz is working on an Avanti II.  It's not a jet but way cool.

http://www.aircraftcompare.com/helicopter-airplane/Piaggio-P180-Avanti-II/356

The Avanti is cool, no question and I am also more of a piston/turbine guy. But... Milviz has a lot of nice planes in the pipeline...but judging on past experiences...it might take a while.....

Nevertheless I am hoping for some decent business jet. Preferably at least something like a Phenom 300 or bigger. But if it is going to be just a Phenom 100...well I would also take that with nothing else on the horizon. At least it will look pretty. :)

I spend more of my pre-flight time in route selection and flight planning for cost efficiency than I spend on finite start-from-dark procedures. I highly respect those with different areas of focus.  We each have our own DNA.

The economical aspects are fun for me, too. I generate a lot of internet traffic for https://www.conklindd.com/Page.aspx?cid=1119 I think.

Have you tried Fseconomy? Prices for planes and fuel are cheaper than in the realworld but once you get used to that there are lots of numbers to throw around and economical decissions to make. Oh..., and lots of flying, too.

I've got a few Carenado a/c in the hangar. My favorites are:

1. TBM 850

2. Malibu Mirage 350P

3. SR 22

I know that the SR-22 wasn't big on many people's list, but since the update upgraded the G1000, I'm enjoying her alot!

Tom McDonald

I was thinking about the SR-22 actually. Bit undecided, same as on the piston Malibu.  :unsure:  Does she (SR-22) also feature those window scratches like the TBM? Sounds like the most subtle detail but I'm always in awe about it when the sun makes them visible.

Does she (SR-22) also feature those window scratches like the TBM? Sounds like the most subtle detail but I'm always in awe about it when the sun makes them visible.

Don't know about the SR-22, but the piston Malibu does.  Just sayin'.  ^_^

Still think the new Malibu is a bit under-rated.  Not perfect, but very nice.

Scott

Now, I would have to say its the Mirage, I like it but cannot put my finger on why exactly. It is not going to replace the Duke V2 or A2A 172 but it is nice

Does she (SR-22) also feature those window scratches like the TBM? Sounds like the most subtle detail but I'm always in awe about it when the sun makes them visible.

Funny.  I made good use of three diminishing compounds of glass polish from Griot's Garage and an orbital buffer to remove those kind of scratches from the still original windshield my vintage 1969 MGB sports car.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

OK... coming late to the party, but I'll put my 2¢ in...

My favourite Carenado is one of their older releases - the standard C206 including its float/amphib variant; in fact it is probably the most flown plane in my hanger.  I find the performance is great for exploring the landscape while fast enough at cruise that you can cover some decent ground. Within the normal flight envelope, the FD feels pretty standard and convincing for this type of aircraft.

My other favourites include the C337 and the C185.  The Mooney is also pretty decent, but I don't fly it that much.  

On the either hand, I was disappointed with the PA32 Saratoga (poor flight model).  The C172II is fair, but I find the ground handling and night lighting poor.

I agree... the venerable C-206 for FS 9 is a true workhorse, just like in the Real World. That and the C-185 are my two favorites from Carenado. I have the MixMaster and the Saratoga SP, but I haven't flown them much.

Just wanted to inform my fellow Carenado fans that your mentioning of nice planes made me think, about buying another one.  :blush:  So, since I already have the 337 and all the Bonanzas around (I agree with Bert, the old ones are best), I went for the CT206H. Sticking with the classic gauges plus RXP of course.

Awww, CoolP!

Too bad you couldn't wait another eight weeks or so; Carenado usually puts their Products on sale for the Holidays, and it's a pretty good price cut!

I'm waiting until then to possibly pick up the 'Van... like all I need is another turbine pop and chips hauler in my Hangar, using up all the Jet-A from the tank farm and

making my pilots swoon when she rolls into the Hangar, ready to get muddy!

Borg_zps5faa8d8e.png

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Good point on the polish, FP. Another 'in the sim' paradox. I think we would even praise engine failures, right? :blush:

Carenado sales? Now you've said something, ViperPilot.

Just took the C337 for a flight - still one of my all-time favorites.

B)

I'm excited to see what the 1900 brings. It will probably be my first Carenado purchase.

I hope it has the autopilot in the panel, rather than on the floor, like the King Airs..

Bert

I might be one of the few; but my all time Carenado favorite is the A36 Bonanza.

It just feels good, cockpit is cozy, some tweaks and voila. Oh, and thanks to Bert ^^^ the Aspen gauges work just fine.

Cheers.