Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

What's the best Carenado in the lineup?

Fully subjective impression or well laid-out explanation, it's up to you. :smile:

My favourites? JetProp! and TBM. First is super buggy, needs a ton of user fixes and feels extremely small in the cockpit. I love it! Don't know why. And the TBM comes in fast, expensive and with a very clean cockpit. Add the hum of the engine and the amazing details on the windows (scratches) plus the mandatory Bert Pieké fixes to receive a winner.

Customers don't go by the numbers but by their irrational nature. Carenado surely knows. :blush:

A couple months ago I came across this video, and couldn't resist.

http://youtu.be/cD32FESGtUY

It's the only Carenado product I have (so far) and it's a great for low-and-slow flying.

Video seems to be blocked in UK :huh:

I find Carenado a little mixed, but my favourite to date is the C-210!

I would have to say the 337 Skymaster is my favorite. After dimming the night lighting to be more realistic and some small edits here and there, combined with RXP and Accufeel, it is quite a nice plane. Like most Carenados, it might not have the deepest systems but it is enjoyable to fly.

1ADb8.jpg

Cheers

TJ

It's a bit one-sided in here, I'll shoot from the hip and say the C208 Cargomaster EX. Which is not even released yet, so how can I say it's best?

I just want it the most!

Hopefully they can release a more finished product than usual as they already have the standard C208 working well and patched up.

Go to Youtube and search "Skymaster Fall City"

Oh wow! Must be the best video I have seen to date! Absolutely fantastic! :lol:

Coming out of the hanger, over the falls and back into the hanger!!

I must say the 337 looks fantastic here. There is more to it than the 210 but I can do more with the 210! Fly higher and faster when I need to go over the mountains or fly IFR.

On the other hand that is a fun looking bird! I have a few r/l hours on both types in the past and admit that perhaps the 337 is better detailed, so maybe I am wrong .... or was it the fantastic video with the music of one of my favourite groups??? :O

Another vote for the Skymaster.  It's hands down my most flown Carenado.  Funky, unique, flies well, looks great, very useable cockpit, solid integration with RXP and a super platform for basic instrument training and currency work.

After a couple of key modifications, the 210 comes next.

And finally, I'll also admit to a weak spot for the JetProp despite its shortcomings.  Thanks to the cooperative work of Bert and bliksimpie (and a few others) back in the day, the shortcomings aren't so bad, and the plane remains a guilty pleasure.  I recognize its flaws, but I still like it. 

BTW, coming up on the outside for me is the new piston Malibu.  It's not gotten much buzz, and it's not the rocket ship that so many simmers seem to want, but it seems to reflect the real plane well, and I quite like the thing post SP.  Too new to officially make my list, and be considered a favorite yet, however.

Scott

Out of the "box", I'd say the C337 is their best, most balanced release. Just flies so well, excellent visibility and so quirky and original.

With the community fixes, the PA46T JetProp is great too, but it's one of those Carenado releases that needed a lot of work from the community even after the service packs.

The F33A is IMO their best Bonanza - lots of people seem to prefer the fork-tailed doctor killer (V-tail), or the fancy A36, but for me the F33 has more character.

The Commander 114 has a new airfile now so I've finally pulled it out of the hangar again. The T182T is another release that is finally usable after the recent FPS-patch.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Oh wow! Must be the best video I have seen to date! Absolutely fantastic! :lol:

Coming out of the hanger, over the falls and back into the hanger!!

I must say the 337 looks fantastic here. There is more to it than the 210 but I can do more with the 210! Fly higher and faster when I need to go over the mountains or fly IFR.

On the other hand that is a fun looking bird! I have a few r/l hours on both types in the past and admit that perhaps the 337 is better detailed, so maybe I am wrong .... or was it the fantastic video with the music of one of my favourite groups??? :O

Indeed, the video is top notch--the guy who created it [nobody I have any association with] certainly knows what he's doing.  There's a few cuts where it's hard to tell it isn't real, and the music fits perfectly.  I've watched it a couple dozen times.

Likewise, the 337 is as fun to fly as the video portrays.

Richard P. Kelly

Indeed, the video is top notch-

When that video first came out, I already had the 337 - but it did get me to buy Fall City, and of course the first thing I did was plant the 337 there!  :-)  Yep, it remains one of the best FSX videos I've ever seen.

Apologies for the thread drift.

Scott

Great answers, guys. And no worries about thread drift, Scott. :smile:

Now that you say it, the C337 indeed is a great plane. I should fly it more often. And I think that I will also look at the piston 'JetProp' after the next SP or so. Service pack, a Carenado catch phrase. ^_^

Which is not even released yet, so how can I say it's best?

I just want it the most!

Brilliant!

Ps. Thanks for the HU on the dimmed night lighting set for the C337.

No denying the C337 is great... but I have a soft-spot for one of their older planes, the Piper Saratoga SP. Flies great, panel is good (for its development age) and just fun to fly.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

337 for me as well.  Well, balanced, pretty much checklist complete, great FDE.  I can't fly it online anymore due to flooding issues and sim crashes but when I'm offline it's just great.  I wish they would go back to some of their older airplanes and bring them up to what other developers are doing.  I think they owe a huge thank you to the folks who work hard to correct the issues. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM