Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

What's the best Carenado in the lineup?

Just wanted to inform my fellow Carenado fans that your mentioning of nice planes made me think, about buying another one.  :blush:  So, since I already have the 337 and all the Bonanzas around (I agree with Bert, the old ones are best), I went for the CT206H. Sticking with the classic gauges plus RXP of course.

I have to say, regardless of whatever foibles, I keep coming back to my Carenado fleet, and frequently.

They're just fun to fly, period.

Looking forward to the imminent release of the Grand Caravan EX. Any news on whether it will release with tundra and float options?

What differences will there be between this new HD version of the 208B and the existing one? Is it simply the avionics set up?

My favorites are

1. TBM

2. Jetprop

3- Cessna 210

Cheers,

Mark

I have limited myself to 1 addon per month - and that TBM looks great for November (already blew my October allowance on the Duke update).

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Despite its many flaws...another vote for the the venerable Skymaster.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I have just about all of the Carenado aircraft--my list:

Piston Single--Cessna 210

Pressurized Piston Single--easy choice (since there's only one choice), the newly released Malibu.  It will become my favorite aircraft for certain.  It's easy on the framerates and a return to steam gauges, which Carenado does best

Piston Twin--The Skymaster

Single Tprop--the TBM 850

Twin Tprop--King Air 200

John

My question is always the same for Carenado aircraft.  Which ones are 'checklist complete'.  When I fly I want to use the checklist but I always have to skip so much of it.  After doing all that beautiful graphic and sound work, they leave so much stuff undone. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

My question is always the same for Carenado aircraft.  Which ones are 'checklist complete'.  When I fly I want to use the checklist but I always have to skip so much of it.  After doing all that beautiful graphic and sound work, they leave so much stuff undone. 

The answer is pretty simple... "None of them"

That is not Carenado's thing.

Bert

The answer is pretty simple... "None of them"

That is not Carenado's thing.

Somebody could probably create a "Caranado Fixer" company that would make money around that.  Stunning airplanes, nearly all of them...3/4 finished.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I've done my share of Carenado fixing - but much of the code is baked into the model

and various dll files which you really cannot make changes to.

For "check-list" accuracy, I would suggest the A2A C172 and RealAir Duke V2..

great planes, both of them!

For Ctrl-e style flying, the various Carenado planes are wonderful - I enjoy flying them

throughout Orbx territory  (leaving the checklist on the shelf).

Bert

Somebody could probably create a "Caranado Fixer" company that would make money around that.  Stunning airplanes, nearly all of them...3/4 finished.

Hahaha, great idea Gregg. But one must make sure to have a name with 'O' at the end. Fixeo maybe. :lol: They may need a lot of Senseo® at times.

I'll be in a huge minority here, but my favourite Carenado planes are the Cessna 340 and the C208B.   My least favourite Carenados are the PA46T and the CT206H, the latter which I just find mind-numbling bland and lacking in character.   As I said though, I'll be in a minority there, and it's all just personal choice anyway.

I've done my share of Carenado fixing - but much of the code is baked into the model

and various dll files which you really cannot make changes to.

Yeah, you're pretty famous for doing that!  I could imagine someone creating a new set of DLLs that you could drop into their directories...at least for the steam stuff.  I do ctrl-e fly occassionally when I'm flying online with friends.  Mostly not. 

Gregg Seipp

For Ctrl-e style flying, the various Carenado planes are wonderful - I enjoy flying them

throughout Orbx territory  (leaving the checklist on the shelf).

I agree, that's what's Carenado is good at.  I wasn't as happy with their efforts at propjets, other than the visuals.  The glass cockpits had a performance hit so landings especially weren't as nice as they could have been, and landing is my favorite part of flying since I like to hand fly my aircraft.

The new Malibu Mirage is really what I've been waiting for the most.  It fills that last niche for me, a pressurized piston that can do the short 300 mile hops easily.  The return to steam gauges is also something I had hoped for and I was able to share emails with Carenado on the subject--they do respond if you approach them in the right way.

For those who want more systems immersion, there are so many good choices out there, I couldn't tell you what to choose.  But the opportunities are there for you to enjoy.

John