Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

DX10 Fixer released!

For those who want screens, try the free fix with Paul's guide.

You will have some black boxes, but you will see and feel the difference.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have everything set up, but man when I add clouds my FPS go out the window!

Then there is something wrong with your graphics setup.  I have the thing now full bore...and can't seem to drop below the 27-30 FPS flip blip no matter what I throw at it.....   I do run nVidia and not ATI...if that makes a difference.....

Your saying within the dx10 fixer right, not home that's why I'm asking

Right Larry,...just open up the WATER SHADER, and you will see three different parameters to adjust to your heart's content.  Play with them...and then fire up FSX until you find your water visual sweet spot. Also, crank water up to full....and enjoy the shaders it brings into play. With DX10...you now have the sim horsepower to  full-bore pedal stomp it.....

Have fun....for I sure am....:)

I have never seen ANYTHING like this in a simulation before...  I have died and gone to simming heaven....

I just took off from a set-up flight out of Bangor, Maine, at Dawn. I have BLOOM and FLARE both on...and what it is doing to the leading edge of the wing is beyond amazing.  My gawd...but totally life-like 'injection'....wow, wow, wow...

This was a feature that I only had on, for all of five minutes in the last five years. I couldn't use it.  I am climbing out over the coastline, with the sun rising on the horizon...and BLOOM is lighting up the sky....highlighting my wing's leading edge...and bringing up every rivet on my Carenado Bonanza!!!!

If someone could have set up this flight...and had me look over their shoulder 3 minutes after this DX10 Fix came available...I can tell you..there would have been no 'sticker' shock post from me...only the clacking of my keys to set up the sale..and download link....

The dawn flight is worth $35.00 JUST FOR THIS.....BLOOM....BLOOM...and more.......BLOOM.......oh...and DIG DEEP...bring up every graphic mask..and click to death...you now can. I have airplane casts shadows upon itself, and with Bloom, looks great!   Open up everything..and just click the entire sim on. Why?  

....'cause you now can....that's why, LOLOLOL!

DX10 Mitch

Where are comparison screenshots that SHOW what the DX10 Fixer can do, I for one would be more interested then.

If the DX10 fixer is all that great why don't somebody show before and after screenshots ?, it would really help Steve sell it.

Well - it's actually not *that* easy to flip backwards and forwards. I put in a fair bit of time (carefully) changing my NVI settings and amending my fsx.cfg as I switched. Switching back to DX9 wouldn't require as much effort (as I have both profile and fsx.cfg backed up) but going back to DX9 even for a moment feels like summoning the devil :lol:. There are enough eye-candy shots and testimonials around now for even the hardest "doubting Thomases", surely <?>.

Right Larry,...just open up the WATER SHADER, and you will see three different parameters to adjust to your heart's content.

As a matter of interest, can the "Specular Factor" value go below 0.1? What happens if you do? I'm not touching mine - I have beautiful water (via FEX).

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

The only thing is the water, it's to darn shiny, is there a fix?

If you really want to improve the look & feel of FSX in general, then a cloud/water/textures package is what you need. I haven't run default FSX textures for many years now.

I started with Active Sky, then went to ORBX/REX. I then switched to FEX (Flight Environment X), which I think has far more natural clouds than REX. FEX's water texturing is maybe less comprehensive than REX, but I found even its basic sets really stunning. They look incredible in DX10. I still use the originally created REX textures for sun and runway/taxiway textures. I haven't edited any of these textures for months (FEX or REX) - I just let time of day and live weather work its magic.

Adam.

Reports of Aerosoft PANC white/grey trucks and vehicles occuring at night but during day all ok, this true?

If you really want to improve the look & feel of FSX in general, then a cloud/water/textures package is what you need. I haven't run default FSX textures for many years now.

I started with Active Sky, then went to ORBX/REX. I then switched to FEX (Flight Environment X), which I think has far more natural clouds than REX. FEX's water texturing is maybe less comprehensive than REX, but I found even its basic sets really stunning. They look incredible in DX10. I still use the originally created REX textures for sun and runway/taxiway textures. I haven't edited any of these textures for months (FEX or REX) - I just let time of day and live weather work its magic.

Adam.

adam I got Rex textures

adam I got Rex textures

Aaah right ... great! That's where you need to have a play then! It's been ages since I had a play with REX water (and it confused the hell out of me even then) so you're on your own :lol:. FEX is simpler in that respect.

Final post on this thread...unless asked a question, and I know that will make a few happy...LOL!   It is, what it is...

DX10

*Powerful use of modern hardware for rendering.

*Can have every feature of FSX turned on, and at its highest setting value, and so run, as ACES 'saw' the vision....those many years ago....

* A critical atmospheric element (Bloom) can finally be turned permanently on, along with Flare for sun/light interaction.

*Cockpit Virtual Shadows, that are enabled in the likes of Carenado's  G.A.  Bonanza...flying with it right now...moving shadows across the panel and cabin!

*Steve's Fix gives you a full feature and visual, with all ORBX products you might have. No artifacts, or elements not properly rendered as per DX9, including vector lighting.

*Smooth, and a true sense of 'being on the wind', no micro-stutter

I am never going back to DX9...THEREFORE:   I have a used DX9 API that I am going to offer for sale, in full working condition...and am seeking $35.00 for it.  Step right up, you DX9 users...you can never have too many copies of your API....in case one breaks down, or you lose it amongst the computer desk clutter.....  So....the bidding opens for 72 hours....  (wink!)

User Tip:  To not use the program SHADE with DX10....would be a crime!  The hills are just lighting up on the sea-side as I head towards Boston, Mass from Bangor, Maine.  The BLOOM feature, and the program SHADE, are a match made in heaven....

Goodnight...too many places to explore with ACES Visual FSX...and not enough hours......

Cheers!

I have terrible AA with this Fixer and Nvidia Inspector, the picture just doesn't look as good as my DX9 + SweetFX setup and my FPS are not any better esecpiually in the clouds! I've tried everything I can think off.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Just did a flight from Kansas City International to Chicago Midway.   Started just before the sun was going down so that by the time I was on the roll dusk was settling and Kansas City was lighting up with ORBX Lights and all the airport lighting was coming online.     With VOXATC running at 40% traffic using Ultimate Traffic 2 aircraft, all sliders in the settings set max including Autogen and Scene complexity, Bloom turned on for the first time ever... that is the smoothest taxi to takeoff I have ever had.  *tear*   I don't know what Mega Go-Go Juice Steve put into this Fixer but it worked on my machine.  The entire flight to Chicago was smooth as glass and AA was only on and working along-side SweetFX.

As I came in for ILS on 31C at Midway the city was lit up with hundreds of ORBX Lights with Chicago in the far distance looking BOSS.   My airport is FlyTampa's Midway turned on full detail.    As I came down to 500 feet I rejoiced to see all the lights working and no grey textures anywhere.   Touched down... got completely utterly lost on the Taxi to gate so had to call in the GSX FollowMe Truck for the first time (which is epic.  Going to use him more often just because I get the Marshaller at the gate waving me in).

My FsPassengers were happy.  I am happy.   The universe is a better place.    I only suffer from one little thing now; occasionally all the LED and lights in my plane will dim for a brief second and the sim slows way down for a fraction of a second then all returns to normal.   Wish I knew how to eliminate that last little thing.   Only does it in the PMDG 737NGX for whatever reason.

At first I did suffer from a CTD that was ID'd as being a BEX (Buffer Overflow) error but I got around that by following the advice of a few threads;  Start the sim in Windowed mode.  Let it load in.  Let FS2Crew start up.  Let VoxATC start up.  Let whatever other add-ons start up, THEN you can go to full screen with ALT-ENTER.   Fly your flight.  When you land and disembark your passengers and are done, ALT-ENTER again to go back to window mode, shut down the sim, PROFIT.

Thank you Steve.   You are my #1..... A GUY!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Reports of Aerosoft PANC white/grey trucks and vehicles occuring at night but during day all ok, this true?

I have Aerosoft PANC Anchorage and PAFA Fairbanks. In my brief experiment if you check the Enable DX10 in the Aerosoft airport tool, there won't be any problems. I had it set on DX9 first and there were some white vehicles at night but after switching it to DX10 in the tool, all looks as it should. 

Great to have my WoAI fedex planes and several others show up now. Took off from Fly Tampa's Midway which was grayed out at night but now it all works and the fps are better now and the beautiful night lights don't blink anymore. Turned on the rain and no more flying through the rain tunnel like before in DX10. Crisp shadows now shining in the cockpit now which I experienced in my Carenado Cessna 208. I still have other things to check but this utility was s simple install and when I taxied around the flightbeam KIAD at night last night I knew this was the beginning of more yesrs to come fromFSX. Awesome product Steve. Mucho kudos.

:P Timothy Murphy