Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

Airbus X Extended 1.15 released

(...)

As well as looking at the product page and the relevant posts in the Aerosoft and Avsim forums,  I did also check the DVD manual and the start menu entries for a "check for updates" option.  I may have missed something but that happens.

(...)

The funny thing is, last time I checked the different language versions of the Aerosoft shop (which contain a news section), I found very helpful links in the German store, but not in the US/UK stores. The English spoken stores have just been updated, as I checked them again this minute.

On the offical Aerosoft forums it's the other way round: English AAX forum gets served first; German and other language sections usually get served later ...

I'm still getting awful fps with AXE, and the stutters are painful on 1.15. FPS is worse than the NGX default. I bought this because they claimed that fps is the same or even better than Airbus X. Well, not in my case. When I can fly NGX but not AXE, I must ask what's the deal?

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Can't confirm: The v1.15 AAX Configurator now even defaults to 'logging and web browser MCDU off' which should help with fps right after the installation.

I had adequate fps in v1.10 and for me this hasn't changed with v1.15.

Yes, and to organise a professional website and to give instructions and readmes as required like 99% of other publishers.

It takes 30 seconds for the publisher to put a link & instructions into the update announcement compared to how many of us wasting 20 minutes each. 

Agreed. It should be commom customer courtesy to provide such basic things nowadays.

I found very helpful links in the German store

I'd like to say my German was as good as most Germans' English but it's not so!

ngxu_banner.png

First hotfix is out, due to some files mixup:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/73700-hotfix-018-corrected-wrong-file-versions/#entry526587

Sound pack v1.10 isn't fully compatible with v1.15 of the Airbus. On the Aerosoft forum there's a user workaround available, but Aerosoft advise to wait for an updated sound pack.

Thanks for the recommendation regarding the soundpack!

Also - thanks for the link on the hotfix. Like another poster, I have one Aerosoft product - this one. I don't know my way around their forum (honestly, finding my way around there is a bit confusing) and if another poster hadn't pointed me at their support database (a completely different site with separate registration and login), I would not be flying the V1.15 release today.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I'd like to say my German was as good as most Germans' English but it's not so!

May I help you out?

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?show270

Guess, the late announcement there is simply due to the different time zones. The US Aerosoft store somehow depends on the Aerosoft stuff going on in their German headquarter.

Thanks for the recommendation regarding the soundpack!

Also - thanks for the link on the hotfix. Like another poster, I have one Aerosoft product - this one. I don't know my way around their forum (honestly, finding my way around there is a bit confusing) and if another poster hadn't pointed me at their support database (a completely different site with separate registration and login), I would not be flying the V1.15 release today.

If you bought the AAX as a download product you have two options:

- download the full 1.15 version from the Aerosoft FAQ/Updates database (use the link above to the US store page)

- or re-download from your download store (could be PCAviator, Simmarket, Flightsimstore or whichever)

For box owners, the Aerosoft updates database is the way to go.

- or re-download from your download store (could be PCAviator, Simmarket, Flightsimstore or whichever)

That's the rub - FlightSimStore still has the old version

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

That's the rub - FlightSimStore still has the old version

IIRC, they were late with the v1.10, as well - took them a couple of days. Would not happen to them with a brand new ORBX release!!!   :lol:  :ph34r:  :rolleyes:

Looks cool.

Downloading it now. I really enjoy the AEX. Fly it as much as the NGX.

May I help you out?

http://www.aerosoft....hop.cgi?show270

Guess, the late announcement there is simply due to the different time zones. The US Aerosoft store somehow depends on the Aerosoft stuff going on in their German headquarter.

Ah thanks, maybe shouldn't be so keen to jump on every upgrade as soon as news gets out!

ngxu_banner.png

No, firstly, I'm quite willing to grind on about this permanently.

Secondly, as been shown in the above re-post of the official announcement of the update, there was no a clue as to where to find the file or, as someone else has pointed out, whether to un-install the old version before running it, whether to re-update RAAS etc.  

Now I call that sloppy and below the standard of other developers of similar standing, let alone the likes of FS2Crew and OpusFSX, who do a top class job with as far as I can tell, a total of 2 people apiece.  Now the rest of you may be used to using Aerosoft products. I have a grand total of one, the AXE.  You'd have thought I'd be the sort of person they'd want to impress so as to sell me more things.

We don't need to drone on about this forever but as I'm in the right......  And maybe this debate has had some effect, I see there's a nice link to the hotfix.

I find it ironic that you're "quite willing to grind on about this permanently" but you can't be bothered to do a little leg work and go to your account at Aerosoft or SimMarket and download the update.

Certainly you must have bigger fish to fry? No?

What about the throttle not working? I have my throttle setup with FSUIPC... But it doesn't work... Throttle levers don't move.

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5 con Tapatalk Pro

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

What about the throttle not working? I have my throttle setup with FSUIPC... But it doesn't work... Throttle levers don't move.

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5 con Tapatalk Pro

You need to set the throttles up via FSUIPC. Mine work fine with this....

(follow this link, midway down in the very first post FINN gives step by step instructions)

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/40453-how-to-setup-hardware-throttles-for-airbus-x/

And if after following those instructions, you find that your throttle axis is reversed, and you have to invert it without using FSUIPC (because you can't calibrate in FSUIPC), here's how to do it.  Not everyone has this issue, but I did, and had to get some help from Pete Dowson to sort it out.