Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

Airbus X Extended 1.15 released

She performs all the same functions I believe that can be done in FS2Crew

It's a he ;-)  Anyway, from what I have gathered, the FS2Crew is based on real Airbus protocol.  Whereas the AirBusX version seems to do more for you.  FS2Crew will also have other niceties such as Public announcements, Flight Attendant and also work with some abnormal procedures.  Given that the AirBusXended was not meant to be a simulation a la PMDG NGX, and hence the FS2Crew edition for it is much less capable, I found the same pricing a bit too much for my taste.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Given that the AirBusXented was not meant to be a simulation a la PMDG NGX, and hence the FS2Crew edition for it is much less capable.

Where are you people getting this information? ........ That is totally untrue.

The FS2Crew is an incrementally developing product, and each version comes with new features and operational coverage.  The Airbus X version is no exception.   It has MORE features than almost all other Fs2Crew versions (the NGX version aside) not less.

:rolleyes:

That is so not true.   :smile:

The standard F/O facility in the Airbus is good, really good, but it has about 5% of the total functionality of the FS2Crew AXE version.

Ok. Yeah, I hadn't really looked that deeply into FS2Crew as I like the default and thought it was "close enough". However, maybe I will have to check out FS2's version a little more deeply if it really does make it "more real".

It's a he ;-)

The default co-pilot in the bus, that's a she, isn't it? By default you have the German captain and the female co-pilot, right?

FS2Crew will also have other niceties such as Public announcements, Flight Attendant and also work with some abnormal procedures.

The default does a lot of this too. I think it does a very good job for a $40 aircraft as far as an immersive(and close to real) experience. Again, maybe FS2Crew adds to this or does it better(certainly would hope so given its price), but I don't know?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Interesting conversation:

Both the Aerosoft step-by-step guide ("tutorial") and the FS2Crew Airbus edition online manual are available before either purchase of the Airbus or of the FS2Crew edition. Check them out for further details.

And now:

*** start of NOTAM ***   Aerosoft Airbus X version 1.16 is available (with an immediate hotfix 019) for download from those well-known sources.   *** end of NOTAM ***

My understanding was that if you enable both the checklist and copilot function, then the default captain and FO basically run the whole show for you, leaving you to fly the aircraft and do a couple more functions.  Whereas FS2Crew realistically divides the labor between the PF (you) and the PNF (FS2Crew), leaving it up to you to do the PF tasks and flows.  I might be wrong about that - I'm pretty new to airliner simulations after a couple of decades of GA - and if so, I hope others will correct me.

Here are the latest stats on global Internet traffic from the Institute of Important Statistics.

77% cat videos

13% documented parts of, erm, cats

9% updates to the Airbus Extended :O

1% questions on release dates (or wingflex, couldn't read it clearly) :mellow:

Guest JustanotherPilot

Is this a new  1.15 to that which was  released some months ago?

No, you can set the AAX co-pilot to press buttons too.

I stand corrected on that then.

I still think FS2Crew is worth a look though!  Plenty of vids on YouTube I expect

ngxu_banner.png

Does anyone know if FlightSimStore.com has updated their download to v1.16? (They don't indicate version number so it's a total download crapshoot.)

Getting more updates for the airbus than JRE these days. :blink:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Does anyone know if FlightSimStore.com has updated their download to v1.16? (They don't indicate version number so it's a total download crapshoot.)

Getting more updates for the airbus than JRE these days. :blink:

I'm not sure, sorry.

Simmarket already has updated; with former versions it took flightsimstore a bit longer than the other outlets.

You can always check in with:

http://support.aerosoft.com/support.php?language=en

to download the latest full version.

Thanks olli - yes, I went straight to the source. Had to go there to get the hotfix anyway.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)