Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

Ryan, are you trying the B60? As beautiful as it is, it's not the easiest of paints to do. If you the A2A C172RR (Sorry Rob) you'll find that an easier kit to work.

Cheers Rob, I'll email Sean.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

If you're using the free Photoshop CS2, also grab the Nvidia texture tools: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop. Use the 32 bit version with CS2. Makes it much easier to deal with DDS files.

I found Dan Prunier's (DanTrix) YouTube tutorial vids to be very helpful for doing paints with Photoshop.

Now if I could only find more time to actually do some painting.  :(

Edit: If you want an easy to use paintkit, Ant's Eaglet has a very nice one. Excellent for a beginner in my opinion.

Barry Friedman

Ryan, are you trying the B60? As beautiful as it is, it's not the easiest of paints to do. If you the A2A C172RR (Sorry Rob) you'll find that an easier kit to work.

I was trying the Duke, then I moved to the Legacy had a little success... and now I'm the guy in that animated gif

If you're using the free Photoshop CS2, also grab the Nvidia texture tools: https://developer.nv...adobe-photoshop. Use the 32 bit version with CS2. Makes it much easier to deal with DDS files.

I found Dan Prunier's (DanTrix) YouTube tutorial vids to be very helpful for doing paints with Photoshop.

Now if I could only find more time to actually do some painting. 

Edit: If you want an easy to use paintkit, Ant's Eaglet has a very nice one. Excellent for a beginner in my opinion.

I'll try that thanks I did get the CS2 guys...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

To Rob @ RealAir - hey Rob could you make sure the LancAir Legacy GPS makes it into the Turbine Duke update?  The terrain textures are much nicer.

Thanks

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Here's one I did for version 1.5 and just redid for 2.0.

The owner has FSX and the RealAir Duke and asked if I would send him the scheme, which I of course did!

Here's the real deal. More pics can be found on FlightAware and Airport-Data.

The Duke is a challenge to paint, but only in a couple areas. The VC11 texture sheet being the worst. Much trial and error (more error than anything else!) was involved.

The owner of 422SB sent me detailed photos of the actual paint scheme and, to get it 100% I have a bit of rework to do, almost all of it on the nacelles. The red stripes I have are actually orange on the real A/C and loop over the top of the nacelles where mine end on the sides of the nacelles.

I didn't have many photos to go off of when I originally did the paint, so didn't know exactly how the stripes ran. Now I do and am trying to work up the courage to tackle them!

I really don't know about the spec files. I've read up on them, but still don't quite understand how to best paint them to get the "desired" effect.

Anyway, this has always been my favorite A/C to fly (with the Legacy being a very close second!) and I'm very happy to have an actual paint kit for the piston Duke now!

Jack

L33t!  (Awesome!)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Jack,

The coloured stripes seem to be a different shade in your version, and the registration number on the tail is slightly too high, and slightly too small (compared to the real aircraft). Sorry for being picky! I was just comparing the screenshot and the photo.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Here's one I did for version 1.5 and just redid for 2.0.

Jack

Jack.  Nice repaint.  Do you have it available for downloading?

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

ooops I'm going to start another thread!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Thanks for all the kind words!

Christopher,

You are not being picky! I saw this A/C in person down in FL when I flew in to Lantana to visit my in-laws. I took a quick pic with my phone and the colors weren't quite right and the orange looked more red. After I got in touch with the A/C owner and showed him what I had done with the Duke 1.5 he sent me the files used during the original design stages from when he had N422SB repainted. That's when I saw that the stripes were actually orange and not red! Also, the orange stripe on the engine nacelles actually loops up and around the nacelle to the other side. I am working to get this part correct also, but it will have to wait a bit until my head heals up from the beating it took trying to figure out the interior views (VC_11) of the nacelles!

Here are a few shots with the rego resized and moved and also a couple shots from the cockpit. Someone asked if I had been able to change the rego on the panel. I also changed the color of the red stripes to orange.

Panel...

Looking out pilot side window...

I've never uploaded a file to the library before, but once I'm done with this repaint (get the nacelle stripes more correct) I'll give it a shot! The A/C owner said he would like it if I got N422SB out into the virtual world for others to fly!

Jack

• Upvote 2

Yeah what a slick paint!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Very cool repaint! Nice job Jack!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Excellent work, Jack. I am sure that the owner of the real version will be very impressed B)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I've never uploaded a file to the library before, but once I'm done with this repaint (get the nacelle stripes more correct) I'll give it a shot! The A/C owner said he would like it if I got N422SB out into the virtual world for others to fly!

\o/ TY.