Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

To be honest, ASN is so good, that a weather radar is becoming almost essential. If there's an ASN thunderstorm up ahead with hail, severe turbulence, and all manor of nasty weather phenomenon... you damn well should consider navigating around it.

Yes please, add me to the list. Since ASN, I'm a WX radar fan.

And obviously a Duke V2 fan, who wouldn't be.

Well, it's actually the Reality XP WX500 radar on the pictures, not the ASN one... 

The RXP unit is a popular addon I believe, so it could be the best for the integration.

Tamas

Oh right, well yes, now that ASN is with us, the Reality XP unit would do nicely if integrated. Or a custom coded WX unit, courtesy of RealAir.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I just caught my first glimpse of a Cougar Baron.... WOW!! It comes from the same folks at Rocket Engineering that gave us the Turbo Duke. With some of the panel similarities I think that RealAir could do an amazing job on this! With a max climb rate of 4600 fpm and a max cruise of 300 ktas - it looks to be a rocket! and a landing distance of 700 ft...

http://cougarbaron.com/

• Upvote 1

Tom McDonald

"...Don't mean to hijack this thread,..."

I would'nt worry about it; nobody else does. I started this thread almost six months ago and the sky is apparently the limit.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I just caught my first glimpse of a Cougar Baron.... WOW!! It comes from the same folks at Rocket Engineering that gave us the Turbo Duke. With some of the panel similarities I think that RealAir could do an amazing job on this! With a max climb rate of 4600 fpm and a max cruise of 300 ktas - it looks to be a rocket! and a landing distance of 700 ft...

http://cougarbaron.com/

I'm in love with this aircraft. I love the Baron, plus a PT-6... WOW!!!!!

I read it's only getting certification in 2015. So RealAir wouldn't be able to get any flight data anyway.

Alexis Mefano

OMG the engines on that thing!!

ZORAN

I don't care for it at all...

Looks like a bug

The turbine Duke looks so much better.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Suckin' on an oxygen mask, drying out my sinuses while my ears are poppin' doesn't sound very desirable to me.

I love the Barons but in this flight regime I choose the comfort and practicality of the Pressurized Duke. A brilliant design by Beech; modeled very well by RealAir.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

The Cougar Baron is pressurized as well - they build the off of a Baron B58-P body Not that I don't love the turbine Duke;  its one the most used planes in my FSX fleet, I just think this baron would be a blast to ride around in.

Tom McDonald

I can agree it's got some impressive stats (4600fpm!!) but dang it looks ugly!

Odd that the T Duke is actually slower...  I suppose the airframe is the limiting factor.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looking forward to flying the T Duke once the upgrade v2.0 is released, it's a great plane now and can only imagine what the upgrade will bring!

Although have always loved the Baron and the Cougar Baron does sound pretty awesome...

I have recently bought the Duke v2.

I have probably been softened by flying the default FSX Baron, but I have only succeeded once (out of five attempts) so far to land without crashing!

Each time I land (in calm conditions) the right wing lifts and the left goes down and a crash occurs.

I am landing at around 90-100kts, full flaps and gently (in Baron terms).

Am I just landing too hard or is there a handling trick which I am missing?

Thanks

Nigel

Do you by any chance run Active Sky?  It had a wake turbulence feature at one point that was overly excessive imho... could be the reason here.

Otherwise re-calibrate controls?  I'm not getting the roll you describe on final or ever.  For approach speed use about 110 kias.... touchdown around 90-95.  You may be stalling too.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |