Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

No one is watching over you - either don't look at it, change it to a non navigation page, or turn it off!

Or, go to a non-nav page and only use the integrated nav/coms just as you would stand alone units.  The 430/530 can be used just like traditional radios - nobody says you have to use the GPS features at all.

I'm an RXP user, but that does not mean I'm a "child of the magenta line", nor does any 430/530 pilot have to be.  My real-world certificate was earned in pre-GPS days, and I still sim-fly using pilotage, ground-based navaids (traditional VOR/NDB), and GPS as the mood and situation strikes.  I'm a big fan of the "all of the above" approach to things.

And BTW, let me add my thanks to RealAir for taking the time and effort to make 3rd party GPS integration a well executed and easy to use option.  I think it's a win/win, when companies focus on what they do best and don't try to re-invent the wheel.

One final thought on the GPS issue...  One of the often unsung advantages of the RXP units is on the performance side.  Many find the RXPs to be more efficient than even the default GPS, let alone custom GPS solutions built into planes.  The Garmin trainer app that's the guts of the RXP GPS' runs in its own VAS as a separate process, and can be set to run in a core not being used by FSX.  In many cases, this can work to great advantage.

Back to the v2 Duke, which has become my hands-down favorite plane to fly.  :-)

Scott

Are we absolutely 100% sure that Reality XP is a defunct company and that there is no possibility that there will ever be an RXP for P3D?

As far as the arguments for or against having a panel with a GPS in it, I happen to like having a GPS, but only if it's a good one, not a default one, and for the present time in FSX that means RXP, but not supported in P3D.  In such a case I would rather there be a panel option to have no GPS modelled into the panel at all, rather than having half the panel filled up with at least one default unit that is a relatively poor substitute for the real thing...it's not like one is not able to turn off the unit and just fly old school radio nav, it's just more a visual and immersion issue, in that if an instrument is there, I want it to work like the real thing.

My left gear collapses and I veer off the runway in a shower of sparks. This happens every flight at any touch down speed :O

Are there some built in failures Im not aware of ? 

ZORAN

Heya Zoran, 

Disable crash detection in your flight sim. I think the instructions are on page 14 or thereabouts of the V2 manual.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

My left gear collapses and I veer off the runway in a shower of sparks. This happens every flight at any touch down speed :O

Are there some built in failures Im not aware of ? 

Hi Zoran,

The Duke has two suspension options. The harder Tarmac suspension is more challenging for an accurate, bounce free landing and because the suspension is hard, FSX interprets this as a "crash" when it isn't. Turning off crash detect (which is pretty pointless anyway) not only enables the harder suspension but also enables "accidental" gear up belly landings and ditching in water, which would normally provoke a "crash" in FSX and end the flight.

Alternatively, you can opt for the softer suspension which does not provoke a bogus "crash detect" with that option chosen. The softer suspension is much better for grass or soft runways because it cuts down on the notorious FSX bouncing up and down due to the exaggerated surface undulations. All these and many, many more options can be found in the config panel, and are explained in great detail in the Flying Guide which I highly recommend having a look at.

Best Wishes,

Rob

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Meanwhile the

is still released after 32 pages! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Meanwhile the

is still released after 32 pages! :biggrin:

It's really really released.

Real Deraps

Thanks for the replies, i think  i will go for the softer suspension since  I always have crash detect turned off anyway.

Hopefully this v2 thread would have ended before v3 is released  :Just Kidding:

ZORAN

Thanks for the replies, i think  i will go for the softer suspension since  I always have crash detect turned off anyway.

Hopefully this v2 thread would have ended before v3 is released  :Just Kidding:

Crash detect off in FSX ALWAYS allows the gear to work, whichever suspension you use. 

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Instead of v3 let's go for a RealAir bizjet!!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The new ones have a lot of glass though...

I'm thinking something with steam gauges, but maybe aftermarket navigation equipment.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

How about a Cessna 310/320? Sounds like a RealAir project to me!!

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

There's already a Milviz 310.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

The new ones have a lot of glass though...

I'm thinking something with steam gauges, but maybe aftermarket navigation equipment.

How about the older BAe 125 or Hawker Siddeley HS-125??? Nice jets.

The old LearJet 25 is another candidate.